Pages:
Author

Topic: Crypto theft - page 2. (Read 216 times)

Activity: 1498
Merit: 326
SecureShift.io | Crypto-Exchange
March 21, 2020, 03:19:27 AM
A woman was arrested in Bengaluru India for allegedly stealing 63bitcoins from Bitcipher Labs which is an exchange and she was a co founder to this exchange, that's over 470,000$, the fund was actually recovered but I wonder why all other crypto thefts and scammers aren't caught this easy.
This is probably due to the situation. This is an inside job where the other member of the company busted her, for the thieving. Also she is part of the team or the firm so its quite easy to track every possible asset that has gone on their vault. While other theft uses some strategy such as phishing site, using fake names, uses too many address and jumping from one  ship to ship and many more. Scammers are hard to caught especially the transaction on crypto has anonymity and they usually uses dual identity which is hard to inevstigate and also if some exchange would divuldge info but this is also illegal to ask for unless they have enough proof and evidence pertaining to scam.
Activity: 43
Merit: 1
March 21, 2020, 03:10:23 AM
This is the first time I hear a bitcoin thief is caught, an exchange theft for that matter. I suppose the lady didn't master the act very well before embarking on it. This is very commendable and at least will put fear in other thieves that would want to do such.
Activity: 700
Merit: 27
Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin
March 21, 2020, 03:03:06 AM
These criminals are wise now, this woman was caught simply because she is living in same country, if she manages to leave India for another foreign country she will never be caught, it's same story for ICO scammers too
Activity: 952
Merit: 110
March 21, 2020, 02:37:37 AM
A woman was arrested in Bengaluru India for allegedly stealing 63bitcoins from Bitcipher Labs which is an exchange and she was a co founder to this exchange, that's over 470,000$, the fund was actually recovered but I wonder why all other crypto thefts and scammers aren't caught this easy.
Pages:
Jump to: