Pages:
Author

Topic: Crypto Trading Diary - page 3. (Read 8084 times)

Activity: 63
Merit: 10
August 18, 2014, 11:25:28 PM
There is a definable descending channel on BTC/USD$ now since the fall off $590 area from Aug 12th. I have posted my reading of the channel in an hourly chart showing trade-able opportunity to exploit the potential trading range within the channel. It's not a high probability trade, but at the same time it is relative low risk as a logical stop loss would take you out if the consolidation below $450 fails signalling back to the lower channel area.

Not taking this trade yet (just presenting an idea), still watching the price action.

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000
August 18, 2014, 04:45:55 AM
price at $480 now Sad
Buo
Activity: 112
August 18, 2014, 04:04:30 AM
Good luck with your investments.
I will follow your advice because I'm new in trading but I want to play the market with few coins.
legendary
Activity: 1274
The Golden Rule Rules
August 18, 2014, 03:49:58 AM
No, it is likely to go lower.  Doesn't look like a hold at all.
August 18, 2014, 03:14:15 AM
Price is at 490, is it time to buy, sell or hold?

For me right now time to watch only. Also depends on what you are trying to do. In this thread it is a short term trading activity, the answer would be different if you had long term goal or in fact if you had no goal!!
August 18, 2014, 02:57:36 AM
I look forward to what I hope will be some quality TA, as this forum is lacking. "Ryan's log" thread has high quality EW analysis on it, but I'm not very knowledgable or interested in that approach. What indicators/ signals are you working with?

Cool beans.  I might recommend making this a self moderated topic or it'll likely go off the rails from the ridiculous amount of trolls that inhabit these parts.

Thanks for the comments guys. Self moderated I hadn't considered that, actually don't know how to set it either Huh

Going to keep it relatively simple, will be using support / resistance, trend-lines, averages, channels, MACD, ATR etc. I will post charts with analysis on and comment to them. I am keen to take comments and questions.

Right now in this CEX trading account I am in cash. I am watching BTC/$US to see if the $485 area is a bottom that will hold and set up a trade-able run to the low $500's or whether it will not support. Right now it kind of looks like it will go lower. So currently on the sidelines looking for confirmation and reason for entry.

Activity: 715
Merit: 500
August 18, 2014, 02:00:35 AM
I look forward to what I hope will be some quality TA, as this forum is lacking. "Ryan's log" thread has high quality EW analysis on it, but I'm not very knowledgable or interested in that approach. What indicators/ signals are you working with?

Cool beans.  I might recommend making this a self moderated topic or it'll likely go off the rails from the ridiculous amount of trolls that inhabit these parts.

I second this suggestion.
legendary
Activity: 1512
August 18, 2014, 01:25:04 AM
Activity: 174
Merit: 100
August 18, 2014, 01:21:40 AM
Price is at 490, is it time to buy, sell or hold?
August 18, 2014, 01:20:13 AM
I am a trader with a technical analysis background and in recent months got involved in crypto. I am going to use this thread to discuss and share my crypto trading activities using the following starting point:

Trading Float: $5,000
Trading Approach: Short term (hours / days max)
Exchange: CEX.IO
Products to Trade: BTC/US$, BTC/GHS, Other Crypto Pairs as required

I have an account at CEX and did well enough buying their Futures product FHM which I described here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8263659 I am using that pot of money in this exercise.

My aim is to share the trades I intend to take, reasons for taking a trade, entry points and exit points either for profit or loss. I'll track the trade outcomes and post all the details in this thread. This won't be a 'I took a trade yesterday and made $1K' anyone can do that, it will be more like 'If the BTC/$ price hits X I will buy with a profit target of Y and a stop loss of Z.' with the reasoning behind it. I'll also share methods I am using and if anyone wants to ask questions or tell me I am dumb etc  Wink then all comments welcomed.

Why am I doing this? Well I am trading anyway and I always find sharing and documenting this sort of activity is great for learning, discipline and a bit of enjoyment. Trading can be a lonely game, so this sort of interaction is also good for motivation.
Pages:
Jump to: