Pages:
Author

Topic: Crypto vs Fiat - page 2. (Read 1217 times)

Activity: 1484
Merit: 101
August 20, 2021, 11:07:35 AM
follow my thoughts on the picture you are referring to and compare the future profitability of crypto as well as fiat money on savings, this is if true what you are trying to send to people then in my opinion you are right about the current cryptocurrency if we hold it for a long time such as 5 years, now the number is x many times and the fiat money they make is quite low and almost if 5 years later then that profit will be 0. why because 5 years later money loses value and the bank refund rate is very low and we also refund zero.

In my country if we save money in banks then we only get bank interest of about 10% per year, of course this is a very small value if we invest in crypto, since 2016 I only filled my savings for daily and monthly needs, the rest I immediately bought crypto, This is a move that will make me a big profit one day.
Of course investing in crypto is much more profitable than saving money in a bank because saving money in a bank is not an investment. when you save in the bank the money is used for capital and the 10% interest per year you get is only a small part of the profits the bank gets.
what we talking about is invest in something, and you cant compare between bank and crypto, because they are totally different.
and thats true if money cant make great move like crypto, because we know what is money.
bank, just for store your money. keep it save, to make transaction on real life, and other thing you need.

When we save money in the bank of course we will not get a very small increase in value or bank interest, the function of banks and crypto is different, we can't fully rely on crypto to meet and spend daily needs, of course we can't be separated from the bank.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003
August 20, 2021, 07:06:18 AM
follow my thoughts on the picture you are referring to and compare the future profitability of crypto as well as fiat money on savings, this is if true what you are trying to send to people then in my opinion you are right about the current cryptocurrency if we hold it for a long time such as 5 years, now the number is x many times and the fiat money they make is quite low and almost if 5 years later then that profit will be 0. why because 5 years later money loses value and the bank refund rate is very low and we also refund zero.

In my country if we save money in banks then we only get bank interest of about 10% per year, of course this is a very small value if we invest in crypto, since 2016 I only filled my savings for daily and monthly needs, the rest I immediately bought crypto, This is a move that will make me a big profit one day.
Of course investing in crypto is much more profitable than saving money in a bank because saving money in a bank is not an investment. when you save in the bank the money is used for capital and the 10% interest per year you get is only a small part of the profits the bank gets.
what we talking about is invest in something, and you cant compare between bank and crypto, because they are totally different.
and thats true if money cant make great move like crypto, because we know what is money.
bank, just for store your money. keep it save, to make transaction on real life, and other thing you need.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 100
Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big
August 20, 2021, 04:28:52 AM

Activity: 1428
Merit: 252
August 20, 2021, 02:36:34 AM

copper member
Activity: 166
Merit: 3
TheStandard.io
August 20, 2021, 12:32:58 AM
Merit: 67
August 19, 2021, 07:27:00 PM
I once compared in two months, crypto and saving in the bank, what I did was deliberately to prove, it turns out that it's 100% true that crypto can beat saving in a bank in terms of the benefits provided by the bank and the results of buying crypto.
Indeed. Investing in crypto is much better because we can double our capital (depends on the coins that we invest in) for a short period. Its a fact that we cant deny though it has risk due to many scams but if you're a kind of investor who always conduct a research before investing then huge gains are not impossible. While storing our money in banks are the old way of saving, but you cant gain huge from it even it take years. Thus its obvious which is more beneficial.

It is known fact that the interest you can gain from bank savings is really small. Actually, you need to treat it as just securely storing your funds, you should never count the interest that you will get. Unless, you put it into other bank services like time deposit or other form of investment plans. The advantage here in bank savings is you are just securing the safety of your funds. But if you want to take high risk, you can really go into crypto. But one should know how to handle his finances in crypto or else he can easily wipe out his funds.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 629
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
August 19, 2021, 06:28:28 PM
I once compared in two months, crypto and saving in the bank, what I did was deliberately to prove, it turns out that it's 100% true that crypto can beat saving in a bank in terms of the benefits provided by the bank and the results of buying crypto.
Indeed. Investing in crypto is much better because we can double our capital (depends on the coins that we invest in) for a short period. Its a fact that we cant deny though it has risk due to many scams but if you're a kind of investor who always conduct a research before investing then huge gains are not impossible. While storing our money in banks are the old way of saving, but you cant gain huge from it even it take years. Thus its obvious which is more beneficial.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1165
🤩Finally Married🤩
August 19, 2021, 06:18:25 PM
Saving money in the bank and saving money in crypto have different purposes. Saving money in the bank is done so that the money we have is safe, while saving money in crypto is used as an investment. the comparison of the two is clearly not the same.
It is true, Crypto has an advantage over fiat, namely in price.  The price of Crypto can go up very high in a short time, therefore most people who save money in Crypto are for profit (Investment). And only people who understand Crypto will save money here. And saving money in the Bank and in Bitcoin, if I think it is clear that saving money in Crypto has a higher advantage.
I supposed we should stop comparing this over Fiat as we all know crypto is just backed by this as well as the current trend, without it crypto will still be devalued. We should just say Crypto vs Banks.
Activity: 458
Merit: 10
August 19, 2021, 04:03:03 PM
Saving money in the bank and saving money in crypto have different purposes. Saving money in the bank is done so that the money we have is safe, while saving money in crypto is used as an investment. the comparison of the two is clearly not the same.
It is true, Crypto has an advantage over fiat, namely in price.  The price of Crypto can go up very high in a short time, therefore most people who save money in Crypto are for profit (Investment). And only people who understand Crypto will save money here. And saving money in the Bank and in Bitcoin, if I think it is clear that saving money in Crypto has a higher advantage.
legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1742
August 19, 2021, 02:00:38 PM
storing your money in crypto beats saving up in the bank.
I have to admit and have to agree with the writing at the end of your topic, this is a fact.

This is what I actually did, with a small capital of $200 I divided in two parts, $100 I kept in certain cryptos and another $100 I kept in the Bank, fact, $100 in crypto can be $150 in two weeks, while in the Bank it only adds $102, the comparison is very far from what I thought.
Activity: 327
Merit: 12
August 19, 2021, 01:57:35 PM

Yes but the problem is that we as holders and users of fiat actually only experienced devaluation. It seemed to be a one way ticket once you amassed wealth in fiat and that was towards negative progression. With assets that counterbalance this, like Gold or now specifically Bitcoin, I think we have a much better equilibrium and range of choices that even make an economy more vibrant when hoarding is also an option under certain circumstances. Central banks can't know everything and they can't control for everything like wish to. The citizens of the nations carry a certain sentiment within them towards spending and saving/investing, and that can't always be manipulated like a monopoly game. With Bitcoin's success I think it becomes evident that people want some place to put their money in a way such that it isn't constantly devaluing over night.
I don't understand what you mean by hacking bitcoins.
okay indeed for now the times are very sophisticated to do something but for hacking myself especially bitcoin I still haven't seen someone can hack bitcoin directly.
I don't know if I'm a person who doesn't know information or what but I really don't know it can happen because we know that bitcoin has a very high security system even though it can be stolen it doesn't mean that bitcoin can be stolen but moved for example from one wallet to another and that does not mean the weakness of bitcoin but the weakness of the person who has the wallet who is careless
copper member
Activity: 2954
Merit: 574
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
August 19, 2021, 12:58:16 PM
Yes but the pump will come to an end and why people consider it a store of value or a great investment vehicle, one shouldn't forget that hardly any asset can also drop as fast as Bitcoin. If Bitcoin is once worth $10 trillion in total market capitalization and it gets hacked, well, gold can't be hacked at least. That is a risk that doesn't exist. Could it be produced synthetically? So far it sounds unrealistic and we probably would find out about it in a more timely manner than we would find out about Bitcoin being hacked and crushed. I am absolutely pro Bitcoin by the way, this is just some food for thought.
Lol, how do you hack bitcoin? You can't hack bitcoin or the network. The hacks that you are hearing about are security flaws on different exchanges. It's the exchange that gets hacked and all coins stolen. As long as you are storing your coins in a safe place and make sure you are taking all security measures, no one can hack your coins. Just like bitcoins which can be stolen, gold can also be stolen too. Read the history. You will know how the government snatched/stole golds from their citizen. At least they can't do that with bitcoin.
Activity: 2268
Merit: 121
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
August 19, 2021, 07:46:53 AM
Saving money in the bank and saving money in crypto have different purposes. Saving money in the bank is done so that the money we have is safe, while saving money in crypto is used as an investment. the comparison of the two is clearly not the same. you should compare an investment with an investment, investment in gold with bitcoin investment for example.
it's clearly very different if we save money in the bank and save money as crypto, because crypto's main purpose is for short and long term investment purposes with the aim of increasing prices and making profits.
While the alternative to saving money in a bank only consists of saving and depositing, the interest is clearly determined and certain. but if our funds are stored in crypto, the funds may fall when we are about to release, therefore it must take patience and wait for a definite time so that funds in crypto can be profitable.

but if you compare fiat and crypto, it is clear that they are very different, in fact both are equally important to make transactions where crypto may not and has not been recognized as a transaction, so fiat can do it, so actually they cannot be compared, it is more appropriate to fill in each other's void where fiat can't and crypto can do and vice versa. let it continue to walk together for the purpose of complementing each other.
Activity: 924
Merit: 518
fillippone - Winner contest Pizza 2022
August 13, 2021, 07:50:20 PM
Saving money in the bank and saving money in crypto have different purposes. Saving money in the bank is done so that the money we have is safe, while saving money in crypto is used as an investment. the comparison of the two is clearly not the same. you should compare an investment with an investment, investment in gold with bitcoin investment for example.
Many cryptocurrency coins are more valuable than the Fiat making is very easy to make money even without working in the bank. The cryptocurrency market is never stable like the current market that has few volatility when compared with the cryptocurrency market.

The crypto market has ways of compensating investors that invest in a project. One can stake, farm, and mine cryptocurrency whereby making good profits not like Fiat that only the bank and the government could make certain amount of money by tasking citizens for transaction fee and other medium where funds can be generated. In cryptocurrency, everybody can win at the same time.
Activity: 2968
Merit: 670
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
August 12, 2021, 02:06:51 PM
If you let your money sleep in banks even it takes years the interests are really small and only the bank benefited if you store your money on them. But this is not the case if you invest in crypto, you're the one controlling your funds and can use several strategies to maximize your profit. Though investing in crypto is risky, but it is proven to be profitable and worth it.
Dare to take risks is the thing that must be done to change our lives. it has been proven that crypto investing is more profitable than saving money in the bank, bank interest is only to pay admin fees, the annual profit is not more than 10%, if we invest in crypto we can profit up to 100x in a year.
I do not even think it is that daring, or risky at all. What do you have with banks, yearly 1%? 3% at best? I mean they are usually horrible, so if you want to take risks you basically end up buying stocks and hope to make 10-20% with that. Do you really think that in the long run you will not make over 20% with bitcoin?

If I buy the top 10 coins (except usdt) and put it aside, I am 99% sure that I will make more than 20% yearly on average, of course there could be years like 2018, and there could be a bad moment to buy into it, but in the long run, I will definitely make more than that. Like if I buy right now, I can see bitcoin reaching 1 million dollars and even more in 10 years, which means over 50% on average. So this is not even risky, putting your money into bank instead of putting it into crypto is just a fools move that do not know any better.
Activity: 269
The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation
August 12, 2021, 12:50:58 PM

If you understand this picture, congratulations, if you don’t , then you don’t understand money , no matter how much you have in the bank.
#Bitcoin  is down 4% today. But next few months BTC could pump 400%.  Pump or dump, storing your money in crypto beats saving up in the bank.
Bitcoin is indeed the digital gold. Aside from being a utility one, BTC is now becoming one of the best asset anyone could have. Many people are now seeing it as an store of value asset and likewise as an investment. Saving money in your piggy bank or typical banks will definitely lose its value and that's where BTC comes in. However, I doubt your 400% increase in value. Btc however pumps up for over 300% since last year and that's good enough.

Yes but the pump will come to an end and why people consider it a store of value or a great investment vehicle, one shouldn't forget that hardly any asset can also drop as fast as Bitcoin. If Bitcoin is once worth $10 trillion in total market capitalization and it gets hacked, well, gold can't be hacked at least. That is a risk that doesn't exist. Could it be produced synthetically? So far it sounds unrealistic and we probably would find out about it in a more timely manner than we would find out about Bitcoin being hacked and crushed. I am absolutely pro Bitcoin by the way, this is just some food for thought.
Activity: 534
Merit: 19
August 12, 2021, 12:14:11 PM

If you understand this picture, congratulations, if you don’t , then you don’t understand money , no matter how much you have in the bank.
#Bitcoin  is down 4% today. But next few months BTC could pump 400%.  Pump or dump, storing your money in crypto beats saving up in the bank.
Bitcoin is indeed the digital gold. Aside from being a utility one, BTC is now becoming one of the best asset anyone could have. Many people are now seeing it as an store of value asset and likewise as an investment. Saving money in your piggy bank or typical banks will definitely lose its value and that's where BTC comes in. However, I doubt your 400% increase in value. Btc however pumps up for over 300% since last year and that's good enough.
Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big
August 12, 2021, 11:17:02 AM
Activity: 1414
Merit: 574
August 12, 2021, 10:05:46 AM
There is a risk in certain ways almost everywhere. With fiat it is the inflationary risk and the hyper surveillance possibilities once it is fully digitized. With cryptocurrencies you have a whole lot of other risks that maybe regulatory or legal, but also volatility risk. There is of course also technological risk involved, which is not quite the case for fiat currencies.

risk will always exist wherever it is because risk is a form of uncertainty that has the potential to be bad for a person's life.  When people feel anxious about their health and are afraid that they will not be able to pay the expensive costs, people choose to buy health insurance to ensure a sense of security from economic difficulties when they are sick.  This insurance is one form of us buying a guarantee of uncertainty but is selling well in the market.  In investing, don't we know each other's portfolio theory as a risk solver?  If we recognize what risks we will accept, then we will easily find ways to reduce the risks we will accept.
Activity: 826
Merit: 105
August 12, 2021, 07:24:06 AM
You mean don't keep cash for the long term right? I agree with that view because a lot of money has been printed over the years. Bitcoin is always scarce and it will increase in value over time. I love bitcoin and I understand its value.nBitcoin is always scarce and it will increase in value over time. I love bitcoin and I understand its value. It exists on the internet, invisible and valuable.
Pages:
Jump to: