Pages:
Author

Topic: "Crypto will never reach mass adoption if it does not before more user-friendly" - page 3. (Read 291 times)

Activity: 770
Merit: 556
Bitcoin is hard too.

People still don't know if legacy, segwit and native segwit addresses are compatible with each other.

You could be a target of dusk attack and not many people know how to not spend the dust transactions.

Not many people aware of lightning network and how to open a channel.

Not many people know what is CPFP, RBF and sat/byte.

After all either Bitcoin or altcoins are hard to understand if people don't want to spend few hours everyday to learn about it.
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 6660
bitcoincleanup.com / bitmixlist.org
Cross-post from r/Cryptocurrency on reddit (I did not write this):

Is it so difficult for crypto developers to create a UI or anything that would make crypto easier/ more accessible to people.

I am more than 2 years into crypto, but navigating crypto is still difficult even for me:

every transaction is a thrill: Long human-unreadable address, prone for errors, set up gas fee on your own, slow transaction speed

if your transaction got stuck (ETH), only the more experienced crypto users know how to cancel the transaction

bridging one coin/token to another chain can be confusing

blindly approving MetaMask prompts can make you approve malicious smart contracts you're not aware of

revoking smart contracts, most people aren't even aware of this

cold, hot, paper wallets...people don't even understand what a wallet is...custodial wallets are way easier, so too many people fall for it and don't do self-custody

coin VS token, so many people don't even understand the difference

tokens on several chains for example USDT on ETH, on TRON, on BSC, ...some people who just want to send stablecoins to friends and family are confused how to send their funds

confusing crypto ticker names that looks quite similar

As long crypto doesn't get easier, it won't reach mass adoption.

The internet was "difficult" once...but now even grandma can surf the net. When crypto will be easy enough gor grandpa and grandma, mass adoption is in.

The funny thing is, most of these difficulties are in features introduced by ethereum and other altcoins Roll Eyes

This is why its important to not overdo your network with useless features for developers and crypto bros (like tokens) and to stop your community on selling out its users on the promise of 10x or any kind of silly price hikes.

Wanted to put r/Cryptocurrency in the title but I ran out of title space.
Pages:
Jump to: