Pages:
Author

Topic: Cryptocurrencies and credit cards - page 2. (Read 330 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 504
July 06, 2018, 07:48:59 PM
Could I transform into fiat money and deposit in my bank account using Uphold? I have friends who have told me that it is a good option
Many peoples doing this even very risky but if you are not going in too much details then you can use credit cards for buying and selling cryptocurrency without any problem because there are may ways
Activity: 1526
Merit: 596
July 06, 2018, 07:40:50 PM
Hello, I open this post to ask if there is any prohibition or regulation regarding cryptocurrencies and credit cards.

They told me that there is a prohibition on credit cards with cryptocurrencies.

That you could not buy cryptocurrencies with credit.

I use Bank of America. Will I have problems if I use this card to join my Wallets as CoinBase and Poloniex?

I'm fairly sure that poloniex doesn't even accept credit cards. Only coinbase does.

If your bank doesn't allow you to purchase bitcoin with credit card, then there is really no way out. Either you have to purchase with debit, or potentially take a cash advance from your credit card first and deposit into your debit card before buying.

Since you said that it's a prohibition on the bank's end, I don't see any other way around it unless you are willing to face the risks. I'm not sure what BOA's policy regarding credit card buying is exactly, though. You might want to seek clarification into whether you are able to still purchase but at a higher interest rate, or it's just outright banned.

But honestly, the fact that you're not even allowed to purchase certain things from a bank and the suspensions that people get on their bank account (not just CCs) when they receive a sum of money from a crypto business is just all more reason to start using decentralized cryptos.
Activity: 252
Merit: 4
July 06, 2018, 07:37:10 PM
In every country there must be a different regulation that allows to purchase crypto through credit card. there are some (few) countries that can use credit cards to buy crypto. you better use fiat to buy crypto.
Activity: 75
Merit: 0
July 06, 2018, 07:34:13 PM
Could I transform into fiat money and deposit in my bank account using Uphold? I have friends who have told me that it is a good option
Activity: 150
Merit: 2
July 06, 2018, 07:24:07 PM
Cryptocurrencies deposits and withdrawals with credit cards wasn't much difficult in last few years until we entered this year where everything changed. New rules and regulations by the card companies prevented most exchanges denying traders with credit cards to make transactions. This caused severe dip in bitcoins prices.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 642
July 06, 2018, 06:24:38 PM
Hello, I open this post to ask if there is any prohibition or regulation regarding cryptocurrencies and credit cards.

I use Bank of America. Will I have problems if I use this card to join my Wallets as CoinBase and Poloniex?

Do not use it or you will have a lot of problems.
Bank of America will not let it and you might be blacklisted with them or worse freeze your accounts and you will die starving. Grin

Look for another option. Just one tip for you. If you do not have any option but just banks then use those who are not that popular. Once you get through then you will have no problems next time.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 6403
Blackjack.fun
July 06, 2018, 06:01:54 PM
There is then no exchange that allows me to use bank of america??

It's not about the exchanges, your bank is denying the purchases made via credit cards and flagging transactions.

BUT.
They haven't banned debit card purchases so this might be might be a loophole you can use.
Or you could simply use a wire transfer to deposit the money to an exchange.

July 06, 2018, 03:17:01 PM
Depends on the country and bank. I think bank of america does not allow crypto trades so you will not be able to do it. However, it might be possible with one of the smaller american banks instead.

There is then no exchange that allows me to use bank of america??
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game
July 06, 2018, 03:14:22 PM

Bank of America is one of the banks who ban the used of credit cards from purchasing cryptos from known crypto exchange. Coinbase and Poloniex are popular exchanges and obviously you don't want to face the risks.

Even for let's say there are people who still successfully buy cryptos with BoA issued credit card, it's up to you if you want to face the risks.

Why not try other options instead?

Activity: 616
Merit: 11
July 06, 2018, 02:36:00 PM
Depends on the country and bank. I think bank of america does not allow crypto trades so you will not be able to do it. However, it might be possible with one of the smaller american banks instead.
Activity: 69
July 06, 2018, 01:20:45 PM
It does not seem to matter, but I could be wrong, please ask with customer service where you want to buy Cryptocurrency.
July 06, 2018, 01:05:44 PM

Pages:
Jump to: