Pages:
Author

Topic: Cryptocurrencies with SegWit and LN-style off-chain payment solutions - page 5. (Read 15786 times)

Activity: 72
Merit: 10
Please stay away from Gulden, it's the one coin that isn't corrupted and has done more development then basically every other coin besides Ethereum. This is a fact and why they surviving and prospering without the need for bitcointalk Pump and dumpers, scammers and con artists.

Activity: 109
I'm going to write all the names of coins mentioned on this thread and then I'm going to make absolutely fucking sure I

NEVER buy any of them.

Bitcoin.

Just fooling around. You are in the altcoin section, what do you expect to hear?
Activity: 672
Merit: 251
I'm going to write all the names of coins mentioned on this thread and then I'm going to make absolutely fucking sure I

NEVER buy any of them.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1115
Not to wander too far off-topic, but I wouldn't touch Gulden with a 33 and a half foot pole. Big premine (10%) that was supposed to be for air drop to Dutch people, but then after launch the dev(s) decided to just keep it for themselves and use as they see fit. Also, emission was slashed after launch, so that big premine (10% of total coins) makes up an even larger percent of available supply (I think ~40% of current supply). And if you go ask any questions in their unlocked speculation thread you tend to get no serious answers, just attacked by several trolls with memes and juvenile insults. All this for a Litecoin clone makes it seem...pretty shit coiny.

careful your jealousy is showing again, gulden wallet is way better than anything your pet groestl shitcoin has.
gulden has a lot more unique code in it than most other coins here but you want to call it a clone while praising crap like groestl? give us some of the shit you are smoking mate it must be real good

Gulden speculation trolls are leaking  Roll Eyes Of the coins mentioned in this thread, I own some Groestl, but more in terms of USD or BTC value of Vertcoin and Litecoin. I was just stating some facts about why I wouldn't hold any Gulden, and rather than refute those facts, you just...did what it is you do.

I believe another couple coins that are on latest Bitcoin codebase are Huntercoin and Namecoin, but I don't think either supports or plans to support segwit.
GRS and litecoin are the only coins that have updated to 0.13 codebase to implement segwit, the rest of the coins are still on a older codebase version but only added segwit for HYPE. The rest is done for hype except for GRS and litecoin.

I checked it out.
1. Gulden is on par with BTC 0.13.1 and thus without segwit. No merges from Bitcoin Core detectable. One ugly big merge of everything: https://github.com/Gulden/gulden-official/commit/644391cc14a9e62bde0b6dcf07c7652c0a4e4757
2. Litecoin is on par with BTC 0.13.2 and thus with segwit. Last merges from Bitcoin Core date from dec 2016.
3. Groestlcoin is partial on par with BTC 0.14.0 and thus with segwit. Last merges from Bitcoin Core date from jan 2017.
4. Vertcoin is on par with BTC 0.13.2 and thus with segwit. Last merges from Bitcoin Core date from dec 2016.
5. Syscoin is on par with BTC 0.12.0 with segwit added. Last merges from Bitcoin Core date from 2015: https://github.com/syscoin/syscoin2/commits/master?after=61afb24a4955385fc30d52e1f56962c149b44ba0+734
Looks like they cherrypicked some stuff from 0.13 codebase but i could be wrong. Perhaps dev of Syscoin can enlighten us, he knows better.

Syscoin is on 0.13.2 not sure how you got 0.12.0.. i always rebase ive done it over 5 times now. Theres too much.code in syscoin to merge cleanly without getting messy between major versions so I start with btc and add sys stuff but I have a nice process and comment my code so its easy to locate and do the rebase.

I stand corrected, sorry for that! So:
1. Gulden is on par with BTC 0.13.1 and thus without segwit. No merges from Bitcoin Core detectable. One big rebase: https://github.com/Gulden/gulden-official/commit/644391cc14a9e62bde0b6dcf07c7652c0a4e4757
2. Litecoin is on par with BTC 0.13.2 and thus with segwit. Last merges from Bitcoin Core date from dec 2016.
3. Groestlcoin is partial on par with BTC 0.14.0 and thus with segwit. Last merges from Bitcoin Core date from jan 2017.
4. Vertcoin is on par with BTC 0.13.2 and thus with segwit. Last merges from Bitcoin Core date from dec 2016.
5. Syscoin is on par with BTC 0.13.2 with segwit added. Syscoin rebases from time to time instead of merging Bitcoin Core.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005
GRS and litecoin are the only coins that have updated to 0.13 codebase to implement segwit, the rest of the coins are still on a older codebase version but only added segwit for HYPE. The rest is done for hype except for GRS and litecoin.

I checked it out.
1. Gulden is on par with BTC 0.13.1 and thus without segwit. No merges from Bitcoin Core detectable. One ugly big merge of everything: https://github.com/Gulden/gulden-official/commit/644391cc14a9e62bde0b6dcf07c7652c0a4e4757
5. Syscoin is on par with BTC 0.12.0 with segwit added. Last merges from Bitcoin Core date from 2015: https://github.com/syscoin/syscoin2/commits/master?after=61afb24a4955385fc30d52e1f56962c149b44ba0+734
Looks like they cherrypicked some stuff from 0.13 codebase but i could be wrong. Perhaps dev of Syscoin can enlighten us, he knows better.

Syscoin is on 0.13.2 not sure how you got 0.12.0.. i always rebase ive done it over 5 times now. Theres too much.code in syscoin to merge cleanly without getting messy between major versions so I start with btc and add sys stuff but I have a nice process and comment my code so its easy to locate and do the rebase.

How did you get your link?! Its like you picked some random commit from 2015 and showed that.. just goes to show you how long ive been coding it for.. thanks for reminding me Sad should be higher market cap imo

https://github.com/syscoin/syscoin2/commits/master
Activity: 663
Merit: 501
I'll have to use that term, pretty shit coiny. I like it.
legendary

This is false. Vertcoin is on 0.13 codebase and signaling for several weeks. Presumably Syscoin and monacoin have upgraded as well since I think they both hardforked to activate segwit. And I believe guldencoin is on v0.13 and they just choose to not activate segwit at all.

I read up on Gulden last night , it looks like they were the first to update to 0.13 along with many other features, I am surprised this coin isn't talked about much on bitcointalk.  They doing a project called Prime which might be the reason they didn't implement segwit.

im surprised you think anyone would take you seriously with your sockpuppet account and sudden interest about some shitcoin...

GRS and Syscoin are my favourites. I never brought up Gulden, jwinterm did.

Not to wander too far off-topic, but I wouldn't touch Gulden with a 33 and a half foot pole. Big premine (10%) that was supposed to be for air drop to Dutch people, but then after launch the dev(s) decided to just keep it for themselves and use as they see fit. Also, emission was slashed after launch, so that big premine (10% of total coins) makes up an even larger percent of available supply (I think ~40% of current supply). And if you go ask any questions in their unlocked speculation thread you tend to get no serious answers, just attacked by several trolls with memes and juvenile insults. All this for a Litecoin clone makes it seem...pretty shit coiny.

I checked it out.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
SegWit is not the only solution for high numbers of transactions. GameCredits has been tested up to 75.000 transactions per seconds and holds perfectly under that stress. The advantage of SegWit is the blocksize though.
Remove these as it is just rumours and nothing concrete:

- iXcoin (no exact info found)
- i0coin (planned, "next update")
- Stratis (no exact info found)
Activity: 146
Merit: 2

This is false. Vertcoin is on 0.13 codebase and signaling for several weeks. Presumably Syscoin and monacoin have upgraded as well since I think they both hardforked to activate segwit. And I believe guldencoin is on v0.13 and they just choose to not activate segwit at all.

I read up on Gulden last night , it looks like they were the first to update to 0.13 along with many other features, I am surprised this coin isn't talked about much on bitcointalk.  They doing a project called Prime which might be the reason they didn't implement segwit.

im surprised you think anyone would take you seriously with your sockpuppet account and sudden interest about some shitcoin...

GRS and Syscoin are my favourites. I never brought up Gulden, jwinterm did.

I read up on Gulden last night , it looks like they were the first to update to 0.13 along with many other features, I am surprised this coin isn't talked about much on bitcointalk.  They doing a project called Prime which might be the reason they didn't implement segwit.

I read up on Gulden last night , it looks like they were the first to update to 0.13 along with many other features, I am surprised this coin isn't talked about much on bitcointalk.  They doing a project called Prime which might be the reason they didn't implement segwit.

legendary
This thread is hilarious, it's like some kind of next level what Alcoin should I buy for ledgendary members. Lol

Do people forget the Microsoft Azure BS where any coin on it got pumped until no one gave a shit. Segwit is an issue for BTC not really alts anyway. Some of the shitty cons being mentioned here is just too funny.

Ct, assets, schnor sigs, tree sigs, witness comittments and others say you are wrong. Infact  those that arent on segwit and are btc clones will be dead in a few years.

Btw sys pumped on azure but its one of a few coins to take the relationship further.. so there was substance there.
This thread is hilarious, it's like some kind of next level what Alcoin should I buy for ledgendary members. Lol

Do people forget the Microsoft Azure BS where any coin on it got pumped until no one gave a shit. Segwit is an issue for BTC not really alts anyway. Some of the shitty cons being mentioned here is just too funny.

Activity: 663
Merit: 501

From what I've seen so far:

Litecoin, Viacoin, iXcoin, i0Coin.  In that order. 

I'm sure there will be others. 

You missed SYS there bud.
legendary
Dumbest post ive ever read in my life. Whitepaper.syscoin.org
legendary

Pages:
Jump to: