Pages:
Author

Topic: Cryptocurrency Billionaire Dies - page 2. (Read 421 times)

Activity: 38
Merit: 2
April 20, 2018, 11:44:58 AM
-snip
Now, why there are still a lot of Cryptocurrency people believing that financial institutions such as banks and governments were against of Bitcoin and Altcoins?
-snip-

Probably because there's a lot of FUD. Even in my local news channel, the number of 'bad news' about crypto is many times greater than the good one. Not only that, the laziness to crosscheck information in my countries is great too.

Seems to be how the news reports things generally. I am most depressed when I keep up on the news and there is no wonder why. Positive stories are outnumbered 10-1.

Sad to hear about Mellon.
Activity: 294
Merit: 114
April 19, 2018, 10:11:45 AM
XRP is not a cryptocurrency.

How can you say that? And from what site did you learn that Ripple (XRP) is not a cryptocurrency? I do know that it is a system created specifically for financial institutions while its coin (token) was given birth through ICO, when they were just gathering funds for the project. Anyways, to enlighten you, just visit its wikipedia page: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ripple_(payment_protocol)
Activity: 490
Merit: 389
Do not trust the government
April 19, 2018, 08:52:36 AM
XRP is not a cryptocurrency.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1789
April 19, 2018, 06:43:03 AM
-snip
Now, why there are still a lot of Cryptocurrency people believing that financial institutions such as banks and governments were against of Bitcoin and Altcoins?
-snip-

Probably because there's a lot of FUD. Even in my local news channel, the number of 'bad news' about crypto is many times greater than the good one. Not only that, the laziness to crosscheck information in my countries is great too.

So sad to hear Matthew Mellon died in the process of trying to get rid his addiction to oxycontin.
Activity: 294
Merit: 114
April 18, 2018, 09:24:12 PM
Matthew Mellon, the billionaire banking heir, died suddenly while taking a rehab at a facility in Mexico at just the age of 53. He is a businessman, billionaire banking heir, who was a chairman of New York's Republican State's committee. The reason why people acknowledged his fortunes through cryptocurrency is that last February of this year, he invested $2 million dollars in a cryptocurrency XRP, which is widely known (by crypto fanatics) as XRP and managed to turn that investment into a $1 billion fortune.

Now, why there are still a lot of Cryptocurrency people believing that financial institutions such as banks and governments were against of Bitcoin and Altcoins? This guy is a banking heir of Mellon Bank which is now called Bank of New York Mellon Corporation and became interested to invest his millions with a less popular coin compare to Bitcoin.

Source: http://www.msn.com/en-ph/news/world/billionaire-matthew-mellon-ex-husband-of-jimmy-choos-tamara-mellon-dies-in-mexican-rehab-report/ar-AAvYL3x?li=BBr8Mkn&ocid=TSHDHP
Pages:
Jump to: