Pages:
Author

Topic: Cryptocurrency Might Be Used for payment in Tokyo Olympics in 2020 - page 2. (Read 527 times)

Activity: 790
Merit: 261
Definitely this will make a big impact on CMC if this happens in Olympics as there is no popular games than this event. It will spread across all countries and I am sure the price will go over the moon if the cryptos are used as payment. Also the entire community has to support and welcome this wonderful payment option. Let's believe in this trading for a good future ahead.
Activity: 602
Merit: 100
I hope that this will happen because it would be a clear signal that crypto can be used everywhere in real life to buy real services and stuff. I'm quite confident that main top 5 crypto will be accepted by major shops and institutions for services in next 3 years.
Activity: 420
I would not be surprised if this happened, I mean we are talking about the japanese here and when it comes to adapting new technology they are always at the forefront of it. If it is announced that the cryptos are going to be accepted for payment during the olympics then that would be big for the market and we might even go into a bull with that
Activity: 140
Merit: 1
If you can use cryptocurrency for payment at the Olympics, does it mean further expansion of blockchain applications and the government's emphasis on cryptocurrencies? In the 2020 Tokyo Olympics, this vision might be realized.

Ten months ago, former Japanese professional baseball player Ken Takahashi launched a petition on Change.org, hoping to use XRP as the official digital currency of the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games. The reasons for the athlete's petition can be analyzed from the contents of the petition:

“ With many tourists entering Japan, it may cause currency exchange congestion. For example, the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games and the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Olympic Games in Brazil, the exchange rate fluctuations and the language communication barriers between tourists from different countries make the currency exchange problem more complicated. We believe that the rapid trading and security of Ripple Lab's XRP cryptocurrency will make a significant contribution to solving this problem.

It can be seen in the petition that the he hopes to solve the foreign exchange problem involving international currency payments in the Tokyo Olympics by using XRP for payment. In fact, many logistical issues related to large international sports events can be solved by using cryptocurrency.

Japan is one of the largest markets for XRP in the world. The market value of XRP once forced Ethereum and became the world's second largest digital currency. It was the reason for addition of the Bank of Japan Alliance. The development of XRP in Japan was supported. by a large consortium.

The athletes initiate a petition. If the petition is approved, the cryptocurrency will be supported by a wider audience and will be more conducive to the development of blockchain technology.

Vena Network plans to launch ICO on middle of October and publish its online banking platform on the official website. At the same time, we plan to distribute Tokens in the incentive pool to long-term community supporters around the world, which accounts for 10% of the total. This program will long last for the community growth.

in case they succeed, the popularity of crypto will be skyrocketing. and it's a clever thinking too, indeed exchange and payment are matters in which one easily gets confused without language
Activity: 728
Merit: 250
maybe it could happen but I don't recommend ripple for the four-year event.
it's good to use BTC or ETH because both are original cryptocurrency.
Even if the market cap of ripple is very big, I have a question, who is using ripple for something other than to speculate with its price? Because most cryptocurrencies are not being used for nothing but speculation, but this is not the case with bitcoin which is not only the best cryptocurrency that we have, it is also the most popular and the one that is used the most all over the world.
Merit: 252
This is very cool news if it really uses legal circulation there, as far as I know, many projects today begin a serious process of legalization in Japan. Therefore, the news may be quite likely. I think that you need to take the opportunity.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
If that happens, the currency would get the boost like never before and its demand will get sky high. Also, the taboo around crypto would be diminished for good.
Activity: 392
Merit: 10
The use of cryptocurrencies in Japan is very frequent.
Fluctuations in exchange rates and language barriers between visitors from different countries make the currency exchange problem more complicated, and cryptocurrencies can easily solve these problems!
The cryptocurrency will definitely be widely used during the 2020 Tokyo Olympics!
Activity: 532
Merit: 14
If that happens, there will be HUGE positive impact on cryptocurrencies and people from all around the world will know more (and even want to learn more) about crypto world! I really would love to see this happen!
Activity: 1470
Merit: 655
when you are speculating about something you should be clear about it by using terms such as "in my opinion" and this topic is exactly that, it is your own opinion and imagination and also you used this opportunity to advertise your ICO.

the reality is that Japan has only adopted bitcoin and nothing else. they have legally accepted bitcoin as a way of payment and on top of that bitcoin payments have no taxes.
altcoins are still altcoins there and they are non-regulated investments that will cost a huge tax if you use them. nobody will use them as payment specially since there is no place that accepts them anyways.
Activity: 361
In Tokyo Olympics 2020 crypto currency might be using for the payments because the Japanese government is encouraging their people to use bitcoin and the other alt coins. Since the entire Japanese community is fully aware that the merits and demerits of bitcoin and the other alt coins . Bitcoin could help to overcome their financial crises during the Japanese inflation period before. Now crypto currency is an unavoidable part Japanese life so it can be used for their payment systems.
Activity: 19
Merit: 2
As far as I know Japan is already accepting cryptocurrency as payment. It would be easier for the tourists to make all the payments. Its always a hassle changing into local currency.
Activity: 1876
Merit: 259
maybe it could happen but I don't recommend ripple for the four-year event.
it's good to use BTC or ETH because both are original cryptocurrency.
Merit: 250
Ten months ago, former Japanese professional baseball player Ken Takahashi launched a petition on Change.org, hoping to use XRP as the official digital currency of the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games.

Ripple is not a cryptocurrency since it is controlled by basically one guy, not decentralised and serves only the banks. If a crypto should be accepted in the Olympics it should be Bitcoin, Bicoin Cash, Litecoin, ether or NEO/GAS.
Japan is already the country that has adopted cryptocurrencies the most, so I do not see any point in trying to make some kind of official cryptocurrency for the games, as long as people become aware of this new form of payment and this creates good publicity for cryptocurrencies in general we all win with this.
Activity: 28
Japan is already accepting crypto.So, it'll be no wonder if the cryptocurrencies were accepted as payment for Olympics in 2018. It's definitely a big advertisement.
brand new
Activity: 0
It's no surprise at all that cryptocurrency may be used in the upcoming olympic game. Crypto is spreading worldwide and it just clarifies that people are here to accept it quite well.
Activity: 25
Promising news indeed but we can be sure only as time passes as it is too soon to tell what the future holds for Bitcoin to be used in the Tokyo Olympics or not since it is a possibility and not an assurity.
Activity: 165
Merit: 10

Vena Network plans to launch ICO on middle of October and publish its online banking platform on the official website. At the same time, we plan to distribute Tokens in the incentive pool to long-term community supporters around the world, which accounts for 10% of the total. This program will long last for the community growth.

if you want to promote a new ICO, you may announce it on announcement forum bro,.. you're on wrong area  Roll Eyes after all, you explain about the ripple which many crypto people don't like it because of its non-decentralized nature
brand new
Activity: 0
That marketing strategy worked, I googled about vena. Anyway, I think Japan, being one of the best tech savvy country, is actually trying to embrace the crypto world on every aspect.
Activity: 1032
Merit: 502
I believe by 2020 will be possible to make a payments with cryptocurrencies not only In the Tokyo. Many startups  works to bring this in real life. Anyway this is a positive news for a crypto-industry.
Pages:
Jump to: