Pages:
Author

Topic: Cryptocurrency regulation? - page 5. (Read 21704 times)

Activity: 44
Merit: 0
October 25, 2017, 04:00:19 PM
Bank of America filed three patent applications for the use of blocking technology to track and validate the identity of users, and validate changes in the identity of users. Smiley
Activity: 630
Merit: 263
October 25, 2017, 12:09:11 PM
The answer is, even if it needs a regulator, who will be? Because, it started as decentralized, nobody wants to break it, everybody loves the idea. Technically, it may even be impossible (I don't know much about the technical aspects though). I think current fork is also slightly, if not totally related about this. People reject even if there is a slightest sign of authorization.
I think you are mistaken. I read a lot of posts on the forum where people themselves want the government to set transparent rules for the use of cryptocurrency. I do not share this idea, but what a lot of people wishing this fact. It seems to me that people don't understand the idea of creating a bitcoin and therefore think. It seems to me that any state intervention can turn a bitcoin into electronic Fiat. It will be the end of bitcoin.
Activity: 325
Merit: 11
October 25, 2017, 10:56:10 AM
The answer is, even if it needs a regulator, who will be? Because, it started as decentralized, nobody wants to break it, everybody loves the idea. Technically, it may even be impossible (I don't know much about the technical aspects though). I think current fork is also slightly, if not totally related about this. People reject even if there is a slightest sign of authorization.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
October 25, 2017, 10:15:34 AM
No doubt about the future of fiat money: it's gonna be replaced by cryptocurrencies.
But does virtual money need a REGULATOR?

I disagree that fiat money will be replaced by cryptocurrencies because what we are talking about here is just like requesting to government for them to loose the control of the money supply. No matter how much I support Bitcoin and cryptocurrency, I am still weighing the benefits of having to remain the fiat money. I mean Bitcoin helps circulates money but it can not totally replace the fiat currencies.
October 24, 2017, 04:22:16 PM

it's all right, about the fact that there are people who do not even have basic computer skills. What will they do then?

No doubt about the future of fiat money: it's gonna be replaced by cryptocurrencies.

I always doubt that fiat money can be replaced by digital currencies because of the main reason that not all people know how this digital currencies will work. Not all people know how to use computers and other digital technology transactions unlike fiat even children knew how to use the paper money but i support the regulations because i believe it will just to protect the welfare of the people from fraud and scams.
Activity: 392
Merit: 137
October 24, 2017, 08:42:44 AM

I always doubt that fiat money can be replaced by digital currencies because of the main reason that not all people know how this digital currencies will work. Not all people know how to use computers and other digital technology transactions unlike fiat even children knew how to use the paper money but i support the regulations because i believe it will just to protect the welfare of the people from fraud and scams.
As the transition to electronic money can protect you from fraud? Any technology created by humans and therefore there is always the possibility that some people will come up with the technology hype. The fact that there are people who can't learn to use e-money is a prejudice. Those same kids know how to use the gadgets better than we do. I see no problem to switch to electronic money.
Activity: 154
Merit: 10
October 24, 2017, 05:25:16 AM
I believe regulations will come whether we want it or not. Simply too much money is being thrown into crypto market and governments are not especially interested in not getting their share to start with, also, our governments are there to protect us (or at least they should be) and there is very little they can do in a current situation, when cryptocurrencies are not fully "accepted" and regulated. You can't go to police and tell them someone stole your bitcoins. Well, you can, but the help is very limited since they have no clear definition of what cryptocurrencies really are. What I think we need, is a unanimous view on them and regulations that are beneficial to both parties - the crypto community and the government. It has to be a win-win situation, otherwise there is just no future for crypto. Responsible organs might issue bans and other stupid stuff to 'get rid' of the 'problems' with cryptocurrencies and that is something we all don't really want, right?
Therefore, the only reasonable way to 'fight' the regulations, in my opinion, is by being involved when forming them. We gotta come up to a consensus with governments and create a safe and sustainable environment for cryptocurrency adoption.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 507
October 24, 2017, 12:20:48 AM
Ask yourself why governments are in such pissimistic moods about digital money? It started to be used in illegal activity and people scam, everything due to nobody regulate it.
Yes, regulation of crypto currencies may take those things that we love about it, but at the same time it will give to us more protection and safeness.

Governments are simply in pessimistic mood about cryptocurrency because they will not be able to track a particular user income and till now they cannot find proper rules and regulations which can help both user and government and they can’t afford to lose taxes in any ways.

But, regulations in crpto will simply take away the base things like anonymity, then what will be difference between crypto and government based virtual currencies. Regulations should only be constructed in such a way that the power of cryptocurrency remains the same and at the same time scam and illegal activities are reduced by some methods.
Activity: 854
Merit: 108
October 24, 2017, 12:14:07 AM

Activity: 184
Merit: 1
October 23, 2017, 11:37:15 PM
Truly decentralized currency means it doesn't need a regulator. But how will taxes work? Unless it's automatically deducted when the transaction processes. Then we'd be fully utilizing smart contracts lol
Activity: 1078
Merit: 514
October 23, 2017, 05:23:37 PM
Ask yourself why governments are in such pissimistic moods about digital money? It started to be used in illegal activity and people scam, everything due to nobody regulate it.
Yes, regulation of crypto currencies may take those things that we love about it, but at the same time it will give to us more protection and safeness.
October 23, 2017, 03:06:38 PM

and by the way, it is already possible the resumption of the crypto-currency trade in China can lead to an increase in the cost of bitcoins to $ 10,000 dollars.

The Chinese government and the Central Bank of China may well resume trading in crypto currency in the near future.
The restoration of exchange trade in China can be evidenced by the fact that the mouthpiece of the Chinese government, Xinhua News Agency, has already expressed concern about the migration of the crypto-currency trade to the off-exchange sites and to the informal sector.
October 23, 2017, 03:03:27 PM

The Belarusian Currency and Stock Exchange (BVFB) in the long term may start trading in crypto-currencies and become a platform for ICO-projects. This shows that we want to take more participation in the crypto-exchange trades to our authorities
Activity: 164
October 22, 2017, 04:49:19 PM
Something I've been thinking about is that our government and other institutions have always ran currency. So with decentralizes currency, I wonder how their role evolves with not needing them. In a sense crypto does need regulation to avoid scams and have qualifications so that not everyone can just start an ico lol
Activity: 46
October 19, 2017, 02:05:23 PM
People are selling it with local currencies, and anything that involves transacting money released by the government needs to be regulated.
October 18, 2017, 05:37:02 PM
it's really cool that in general everyone argues on this topic. I like to participate in this discussion. It's very cool that an increasing number and my friends are involved in all this "turmoil". And also to understand that the Alcocums and Crypto-currency surrounds themselves around the sign and the critics, and to see themselves in this list Smiley
Activity: 644
Merit: 261
October 17, 2017, 08:49:31 PM

Though we can see that cryptocurrency ecosystem is flourishing right now, currency that has true value can only be counted by hand and I don't think that fiat money can be replaced totally with cryptocurrencies. it can be one alternative as payment but it will never be able to eliminate fiat because there are still so many places in the world not engage digitally. It would be hard to implement something not even accessible by everyone. Though there are news about some places going cashless, still they can do it because they have a small population so it is easier to implement something if everyone can participate.

Regarding regulations, people like cryptocurrency because no one is controlling it but then the government doesn't want to let go of its control to the people so they will create a law to have a hold of the people who use cryptocurrency by regulating it. I think there is a need for a regulation but to some extent because regulations are created for the protection of the people.
Activity: 560
Merit: 112
October 17, 2017, 08:21:35 PM
Virtual money has a common used as fiat currency, so I think regulation is necessary wether we like or not as it involves hard earned investment by individuals (bitcoin users). Then in the end it is for the safety and legality of our investments and the people behind criminal attacks within the community be bring to court as they deserved.
Activity: 135
October 17, 2017, 07:13:07 PM
Regulation does need to happen, even if crypto in itself is regulated peer-to-peer. Governments won't be okay with not having their hands in crypto.
October 17, 2017, 03:45:04 PM

It is very interesting and useful to read a variety of versions about the crypto currency regulation. Thank you for all the versions
Pages:
Jump to: