Pages:
Author

Topic: Cryptocurrency scam tricks newbies might fall for. - page 2. (Read 237 times)

legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 4265
✿♥‿♥✿
I completely agree that not only newbies are the bait of scammers. People who are in great need of money fall into deception, it happens that depression encourages people to take risks. The second part of people is greedy and stupid people who believe that someone will give them something in life.
If among newcomers there are people who believe in their prize from the Internet, think about whether there are people in your environment who won something or were able to get rich quickly? For the most part, you will remember the people who were deceived by scammers, and not vice versa. Nothing is free on the internet.
Check sites on the date of creation, if it was created recently, this is a direct bait of scammers. And whether you will be their victim depends only on you.
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 4133
eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.
They're not actually going after just newbie but everyone in the space with ignorance, they just need to tap into the greed in you and make a killing. If we're to outline the tricks used by the scammers, they are numerous to mention but most or all resolved round the greed factor. Keep that in check and you would have avoided 90% of the scams tricks used by this scammers.

When you get contacted for an investment or help resolve a problem and in return to gets impressive compensation, you should just know you're been tricked. Be very sceptical about everything and that'll help secure you from falling victims to the scams because the scammers are actually good at making their tricks very convincing.

If you have interest in participate in the trends, go after the technology and not the hyped projects. Don't follow the crowd, and most importantly not everything is worth participating in that get introduced to the community, consider them distraction because that's exactly what they're.
Activity: 2464
Merit: 934
Press enter twice after you make your point, to make it easier to read.
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 1315
I've noticed a lot of people falling for scams by searching things crypto related on places like Google and clicking ads that could scam them.
On axie infinity, a lot has been victimized by the use of Google by searching the website and eventually clicked an ads that leads to a scammer site. Pity those got hacked.

I've seen a lot of cases where someone tells a person they won a giveaway but require them to send a deposit to a site to withdraw it - which might seem like an obvious scam but a lot of people are not accustomed to how to register a site etc and think it's only legitimate organisations.
From how to claim eben a newbie should think rationally why would you need to pay for something you win and the best therr is why would you win if you dont join any contest. Beginners should not be sway by this cause is literally prone to scam one.

legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1224
'Life's but a walking shadow'!
As cryptocurrency grows in popularity, more people are trying to scam it, and most of them are going after newbies who they believe don't know much about cryptocurrency or are new so they can easily scam them.
The thing is, they are actually not going after newbies per se, I'd not like newcomers in the network to have the erroneous perception that they are basically the target of scammers, they are after crypto users who are allured by "offers that look too good to be true", what that means is that, it's greedy individuals that are the main target for scammers, and anyone can be greedy, newcomer, old timer etc, thus users should know when something looks absolutely "too good to be true", then learn the operations of scammers and generally develop their knowledge of crypto, but mind you that someone who is in the network just basically to "get rich quick" would ignore all this, cause they are only motivated by avarice and as such every thing would then look like an opportunity to make quick returns, and thus will lead to the loss of their funds.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Hi,
Thank you for the highlight as I am totally new on this. I am out of job while helping my ex colleague to market machinable glass ceramic in part time basis. It is a unique material and market is limited. I have more time to look for other option. Bitcoin may be a good option.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 3030
There are also some Scams that using nearly the same Name of the original page like i have seen 2 days ago from Bitstamp !
Bitstamp has done some kind of post on Facebook and the next post was also from Bitstämp that they doing some kind of giveaway.
You just have to send 0.001 or 0.01 to receive the double on that what you are have deposited to the adress.
Watch out how the names are written.
copper member
Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071
https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory
I've noticed a lot of people falling for scams by searching things crypto related on places like Google and clicking ads that could scam them.

I've seen a lot of cases where someone tells a person they won a giveaway but require them to send a deposit to a site to withdraw it - which might seem like an obvious scam but a lot of people are not accustomed to how to register a site etc and think it's only legitimate organisations.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 908
The way things are going, there are a lot of cryptocurrency scams going on right now, and if you're not careful, you might end up being a victim of one. As cryptocurrency grows in popularity, more people are trying to scam it, and most of them are going after newbies who they believe don't know much about cryptocurrency or are new so they can easily scam them.
As a newcomer to Bitcointalk, I feel this post will help everyone from falling victim to a bitcoin scam, such as the ones listed below.
1. If the website you're visiting isn't secure, I believe you should avoid it because your personal information may not be safe there, potentially resulting in the loss of assets or funds.
2. You receive a Gmail informing you that you have been awarded a coin and that you should claim the reward; however, you should never do so if the Gmail comes from an unknown source. Avoid using Gmail if it is not from a official website.
3. If you are asked or invited to participate in an initial coin offering (ICO) with an unknown investor, you should be wary.
4. Avoid applications that ask for your private key or password if the app isn't from a reputable source or the link to the app is not from their main website.
5. You should always avoid unnecessary giveaways and make sure you do your own research before applying for any airdrop to ensure the airdrop is legitimate and not a scam. You should also avoid people who ask you to send a coin and they will double it for you in return.
I feel these are just a few warnings, and I believe there are many more that others should write about, and you can write about your own experiences to prevent people from falling for scams.
Pages:
Jump to: