Pages:
Author

Topic: Cryptocurrency successive hacking incidents,what can we do? - page 2. (Read 401 times)

Activity: 95
Merit: 0
A threat to the market of crypto currency is hacking. with the rise in popularity of the crypto currency the number of hackers and report of hacking is increasing. This will cause the investor to not trust the market and withdraw their investment. And it would also discourage new investors, firms should upgrade their security and investors should use stronger wallets.
Activity: 82
The news of hacking are sad to hear and the loss the investors suffer are unfathomable. But we still need to be careful and to look out for the red flags in order to remain cautious. Such as see the popularity and reviews of projects to know if they are safe and not a scam.
Activity: 1596
Merit: 502
I think something like this is very unlikely to be prevented. Especially if we are critical thinking, it could be that the hacker is the person inside the company itself. Hopefully not like that.

To minimize it only by securing cryptocurrency on hardwallet
Activity: 99
This is the time when we need to concentrate on preventing the hacking incidences. More rules and regulations must be made on this cryptocurrency market. Moreover, strict measures must be taken against the hackers.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
In such events, the Council can only be one - never panic. since these events are always intended to spread panic out of nowhere. this will always happen, but if you keep your bitcoins at home - nothing can lead you astray from learning the technology)
Activity: 2002
Just wanted to ask the opinion of many about these incidents happened this past few days,what can we do as common individuals to help prevent these tragedies? We have good opportunity on this field so I supposed everyone should take time to think about it.

Your opinion could help especially for us newbies,feel free to post a message thanks.
I think that kind of thing can not be prevented, because until the end of the world, evil will never die. we can only minimize the bad things, by securing the assets of each, and do not easily believe in anyone.
Activity: 154
well I heard about this hacking incidents, but I still didn't get anything from the trustable sources so there is a possibility that it also can be false rumor, but there is risk of hacking is available so we should careful specially after hearing this kinds of news, after all it can cost great loss.
Activity: 532
Merit: 100
buy hardware wallet to store your crypto. avoid putting your crypto in exchange sites they are prone to hacking. you can put your put your crypto just be sure after to trade take it out and send it to your wallet. we can only rely to ourselves to let our crypto safe.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1
You have to be very careful not to go to suspicious sites. I know how hard it is to lose your earned money, because recently my wallet was also hacked. Just need to be careful and do not install various unverified programs. And I think then everything will be fine.
Activity: 630
Merit: 267
Hacking can happen to everyone, the slightest carelessness can do you a lot of work. So we need to use the hardware wallet as the safest method
Activity: 602
not much can be done. take profit greatly from the current state can be said to be not possible. can only play in the safe zone or take a risk to buy more for investments, in the long run, it again. to sell and even day trading alone I don't think there will be a good opportunity.
Activity: 322
Merit: 2
Everything that is connected in the internet is at high risk.  For us to avoid to be hacked, we must secure our password and keep it in a safe place. We must not store it in any storage that is connected in the internet.
Also, we must check first the address of the site that we are trying to log in  to avoid the phishing site.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 149
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
The cryptocurrency market is a billion dollar market which is obviously going to attract top hackers from across the world which is why such hacking incidents will always occur now and then, but they can be reduced to a big extent if the infrastructure is safeguarded in a highly effective manner. Coming to individuals, we need to avoid silly mistakes(Giving private keys to other, downloading shady wallets etc) to secure our coins and tokens.
Activity: 770
Merit: 100
there is nothing we can do about this tragedy.
but we can prevent that from happening to us. for example we sterilize our device from anything that causes hacking to occur, and keep everything related to our cryptocurrency asset.
Activity: 29
After the incident of the floor is constantly hacked, it is a difficult problem. Whilst the property is constantly decreasing, it is hacked. Optimal solution brings most of the assets stored in a cold bag. Lean on the floor and wallet
Activity: 756
Merit: 251
Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit
If you want to avoid getting hacked then you should turn on 2fa so your account become more secured but if you want no risk then you should use decentralized exchange instead, the problem is right now there's only low volume at decentralized exchange so it's not great to trade there. Don't forget to withdraw your money if you are done trading to avoid worst case scenario.
Activity: 456
Merit: 10
Be anonymous online and diversify your crypto in some wallets. Do not put it all in one wallet so you can minimize the risk in different worst case scenarios.
Activity: 756
Merit: 16
We All Can Make It
Since the government of some countries have decided to regulate cryptos and also tax it, they also bear responsibility for ensuring crypto is safe.
So arrest and prosecution of hackers will go a long way in discouraging would-be hackers and reassure investors of a safe cryptospace.
Activity: 658
Merit: 5
I think regarding hacks amongst other
Individuals had to secure tightly their account with 2fa and phone verification and when you are linking your api ensurebto that with a trusted firm and not just any third party license
Activity: 406
Merit: 109
Just wanted to ask the opinion of many about these incidents happened this past few days,what can we do as common individuals to help prevent these tragedies? We have good opportunity on this field so I supposed everyone should take time to think about it.

Your opinion could help especially for us newbies,feel free to post a message thanks.

First thing first, stop keeping tokens on exchanges.
Secure your private keys, buy a hardware wallet..

Dont fail for phishing scams.
Being in cryptocurrencies, you are the one and only owner of your funds, and you are the only one responsible for keeping them safe.
Pages:
Jump to: