Pages:
Author

Topic: Cryptocurrency Volatility: Creeping Evil or Essence of Crypto - page 2. (Read 862 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 100
I don't know if crypto currency's volatility is the main sellibg point that we should advertise. I mean yeah it helps alot if we're treating it as an investment only, butnthe goal here is for adoption. So the main selling point should be the next big thing in currency because it is instantaneous and is decentralized.

The volatility of the cryptocurrencies let people make money. The difference between the prices of one altcoin (or Bitcoin) gives a trader a chance to earn a lot. Volatility feeds him.
copper member
Activity: 308
Merit: 1
Veil
Actually I believe that the volatility nature of Cryptocurrency is what makes Cryptocurrency what it is today.
It is an essential part of the cryptocurrency story.
Remove it and the very purpose for the creation of Cryptocurrency would have been defeated.
Volatility is what makes the high return on Cryptocurrency investment over a short period of time possible.
Activity: 1526
Merit: 111
Pepemo.vip
I don't know if crypto currency's volatility is the main sellibg point that we should advertise. I mean yeah it helps alot if we're treating it as an investment only, butnthe goal here is for adoption. So the main selling point should be the next big thing in currency because it is instantaneous and is decentralized.
I think with the formation of prices that are purely from demand and supply, then I think volatility is inherent in cryptocurrency. we know the price can be played by whales to get the profit they expected. so as a small fish we must be able to follow where the whales go, so stay alive here
Activity: 420
Merit: 14
Activity: 1316
Merit: 379
Catalog Websites

Stories of Bitcoin billionaires in addition to overnight millionaires cropped upwards, plus the individual investors overloaded to be a part of typically the massive wave of Bitcoin mania. This is why volatility was so crucial in establishing cryptocurrencies as a potential asset that will could also be used being a currency in a well-known society. However, this same volatility is additionally what could kill that goal.

There are few better ways to put this message across, but you have in these words stated an ominous fact. At the stage, we are now, volatility is like a poison. If there is anything to do, it is to reduce volatility. It is, therefore, a good thing that prices of bitcoin and other coins have remained relatively stable since August. This tempo should be maintained.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025
I don’t see anything wrong with the volatility, it’s for investment and a lot of people knows that already. Things like this are meant to be volatile, it’s left for you to make your decisions wisely so that you don’t lose your money cause you have been told already that it is volatile.
The fact is that, the volatility is something a lot of people want in this market, and for the past few weeks of little consolidation, we obviously could see a lot of people's reaction when it comes to the market being a little bit too boring. Actions are always needed, so it depends on how you want to take advantage of those actions that matters anyway. Secondly, this is a new market, so one way or the other, volatility is not something we can run away from. As the market gets more matured over time, I believe this is something that will reduce to a certain extent but never completely.

the limit in the amount of bitcoins that are going to exist means that whenever the demand for bitcoin goes up there is not enough coins to meet the demand and that is what makes the price of bitcoin to skyrocket
But at one point, demand and supply may meet as digital currencies are divisible infinitely. You cannot be calm like bitcoin is having a fixed supply. Only fixed number of coins but may have unlimited circulating units and its worth also may go up up to the level the demand drags. But these are the concerns only for extreme conditions and as of now bitcoin will remain volatile and may go any level too.

The volatility of cryptocurrencies is surely going to be in the market for the foreseeable future
Yes. In the past cryptos managed among wild volatility to achieve some unbelievable price levels hence we must take these volatile natures as a essence for growth as it works on attracting new investors with different reasons based on how one new investor will be ready to risk their affordable money.
Activity: 840
Merit: 254
The volatility of cryptocurrencies is surely going to be in the market for the foreseeable future, the limit in the amount of bitcoins that are going to exist means that whenever the demand for bitcoin goes up there is not enough coins to meet the demand and that is what makes the price of bitcoin to skyrocket and since the limit of coins is not going to change then the volatility will be here for a long time.
Activity: 659
Merit: 101
Bitcoin price always volatile i think because not regulated by government yet. Beside that, as new investment instrument, many investor think its a breaktrough on current economic system and as digital new store of value, it will be good for long term
I don’t see anything wrong with the volatility, it’s for investment and a lot of people knows that already. Things like this are meant to be volatile, it’s left for you to make your decisions wisely so that you don’t lose your money cause you have been told already that it is volatile. If you choose to trade regularly, it’s up to you, there are people that trades every few hours and makes profit from it daily.
Activity: 1988
Merit: 322
Cryptocurrencies has only made it in to the mainstream media as an apparatus from the dark web when the infamous Silk Road has been turn off. Back then, that was far from getting considered a good investment decision for Wall Street types, nonetheless they soon joined the party.

Suddenly, banks, the thought front-runners of banking and financial institutions all had an opinion on Bitcoin - many of them thought it was a gimmick, or even rat toxic and far too unstable to take seriously, but conversations about Bitcoin were getting to be held in investment circles.

Stories of Bitcoin billionaires in addition to overnight millionaires cropped upwards, plus the individual investors overloaded to be a part of typically the massive wave of Bitcoin mania. This is why volatility was so crucial in establishing cryptocurrencies as a potential asset that will could also be used being a currency in a well-known society. However, this same volatility is additionally what could kill that goal.
A portion of what has cemented cryptocurrencies on the map given that they exploded into the public investor market has already been their volatility. Investors inundated to the likes of Bitcoin when, through Nov and December 2018, the value of the cryptocurrency increased in value tremendously. Conversely, such precariousness is a two-edged rapier, and the cryptocurrency bazaar has shown that in 2018 with Bitcoin’s price trailing more than 50 percent at times from the year finale worth of $13,000. The cryptocurrency market has also felt the ill effects of Bitcoin’s movements because of this of the price drops, Bitcoin’s trading volume, and even interest in the digital money realm also decreases. The danger is that changes can cause a significant exodus of investors to take place which severely dents the hopes of other cryptocurrencies gaining mass adoption standing.

Itai Cohen, CEO of Homelend says,
“The high volatility of crypto-assets is the result of investors’ reliance on the so called ‘adoption syndrome’ - where the perception of an asset’s value is mostly based on expectations about its adoption by the community.”

Volatility should be at the epicenter of attraction for crypto if there is to end up being a future through which crypto is employed widely in everyday instances. However, it needs a lot of bravery, plus some tactical know-how, to successfully navigate the lows, to retain oneself safe, and sane, along with contributing positively to be able to a burgeoning crypto overall economy.

Patience is the key here to deal with anything that is related to crypto and blockchain. A calm mind will always get maximum output. Cheers.

Bitcoin is not evil. It’s just like saying that money is evil, while it is not, it can only be the root of evil because some people are ready to anything just to get money. So you’re actually the one being evil and not Bitcoin. Bitcoin is just there for you to use it for whatever you wish, whether you want to use it for good or bad, that’s your concern. I’m very sure that a lot of us here are using it for good and not for bad.
Activity: 420
The volatility of crypto currencies is the essence of crypto. If there were no volatile price fluctuations last winter, then new investors would come to the crypto market, which these fluctuations attracted.
Activity: 798
Merit: 10
If we do not want see high volatile price in market, better we hold our inverment for long term. Long term teach us to patience while the price fluctuation. And i think high fluctuation in cryptocurrency is usual like in any other market
copper member
Activity: 294
The high volatile nature of Cryptocurrency is just it's feature and not any evil as alleged here.
Remove volatility from Cryptocurrency and you would have succeeded in defeating the creation of Cryptocurrency in the first place.
Activity: 98
Volatility may be considered positive only in view of attracting new investors and traders, thus increasing its adoption. This is one of the main features of Bitcoin, and all altcoins for that matter too - their price is tied to BTC`s price nevertheless. Other than that, it is very hard to build a sustainable economy on the asset whose price drops or raises more than 5-fold in course of one year. This very feature may prevent adoption of crypto as mainstream payment option, I wonder how much time will it take to normalize the delta of this fluctuation - it seems stable at the moment, but some experts predict it to raise up to 10000 USD next months. No wonder countries hesitate to adopt crypto.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 500
Volatility in cryptocurrency is needed for the it to be attracted to investors and to get attention of the people about the potential of cryptocurrency. This is very important especially for the very young technology. However, as soon as these cyrptocurrencies get mainstream, volatility must be reduced, if not eliminated, to sustain its adoption.
Activity: 1526
Merit: 596
I wouldn't go as far as to say that volatility is something positive.

But clearly, it's not something that is as bad as some exaggerate it to be. Just let me give you an example - I'd rather hold an asset that will retain most of its value and not have its currency supply debased in the long run, compared to something that may seem like it's stable in the short term, but in fact in the long run has always shown the tendency to move down in value.

Honestly, it's what you get with a free floating currency that has no ties to any central authority. With the way things are going, I really see no issue with this even if it's not positive. Merchants accept BTC right now based on their USD value which is not that great, but protects them against any rate fluctuations. And in the future, with more adoption, volatility would lessen by itself.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 102
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
bitcoin is base only in prediction then the price of it can go drops or high in an instant and this is worldwide like we users,traders and investors do buy and sell here another thing this is good already with so volatile market then that's why this run because if this is only stable i think few users only will use this not like this really popular now
with high volume it is a strong characteristic of bitcoin. where people can look for big profits here. but even though it can provide big profits, BTC also has a big risk, because of its high volume
Activity: 1330
Merit: 569
The issue of volatility would continue to be a controversy till the nearest future in which I don't see abating anytime soon. Its has become a situation of two edged sword that while on one hand, its the reason participants are in the market, on the other hand, its the sole reason keeping other intending participants away from the market.

The point is, as much as there are gainers in the currency phenomenon and there would also be gainers should the volatility be ended, there is nothing to worry about the future of the market.
Activity: 1834
Merit: 759
Volatility is a distinctive characteristics of cryptocurrency. This might be good at first and for the traders. But, speaking of future and to go mainstream adoption, this volatility might be one of the obstacles. Movements in the prices are good as long as movements are not that huge.

It's characteristic, but I wouldn't go as far as to say that it's distinctive. Volatility should fall under control as the market grows.

Bitcoin price always volatile i think because not regulated by government yet. Beside that, as new investment instrument, many investor think its a breaktrough on current economic system and as digital new store of value, it will be good for long term

I don't think regulations can solve Bitcoin's volatility, unless it's been established that the only factor behind it are manipulators. Regulation can't really influence the way the market moves externally.
Activity: 924
Merit: 100
GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
In terms of business view no one ever made the success in just one side. Good side and bad side always together on going whether you like it or not because in everything is risky.
With regards to bitcoin it is not exempted. It means someone can use this to scam and illegal purposes because people have choices what we should do. However, it is joyful to see somebody's success from bitcoin or from crypto.
They are able to help the needy. They are able to build whatsoever they can from bitcoin crypto profit.

I eagerly suggest that we should see more in advantage than disadvantage to have more good points of views.
Everyone who is into investment will always experience some difficult times, but the only thing that matters is how it ends at last. Some people start as failure and at the end they come out as winners, while some start as winners and at the end its something else.

We hear stories of how people succeeded by investing in cryptocurrency but we hardly hear stories about those that failed, cause those ones hardly make it to the news.
Pages:
Jump to: