Pages:
Author

Topic: Cryptokitties-good thing or bad thing ? - page 3. (Read 1743 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 23
"Get Paid to Play your Media on Current"
December 10, 2017, 10:57:24 AM
Haha yeah it's strange  Cheesy

I think the lure is in the breeding. They each come with their own "genome". That, and the opportunity for breeding sales.

Activity: 475
Merit: 250
Presale is live!
December 10, 2017, 10:07:59 AM
These kindf of things are actually good for popularity in long run. But I think there must be some limit to it. They shouldn't let such game to damage ethereum chain.
Activity: 201
Merit: 26
December 10, 2017, 10:02:51 AM
I hope it can be positive for Ether.
At First it makes Ether more popular and so maybe more invested invest in Ether and the Chart will grow  Grin
Second it makes also more interesting for miner because of the growing mining fee, so it will get more popular too.
And at least it is a new System so I think there will be come more similar games, that the blockchaine is overloaded is the only negative point.

greetings
Alph
Activity: 125
Merit: 0
December 10, 2017, 09:56:22 AM
In my opinion its fun having these games in the crypto world but yes, hopefully ETH devs could do something about it as it won't be good for their image in the long run if they don't solve issues like what everyone is experiencing for ETH transactions.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 523
December 10, 2017, 09:37:13 AM
just imagine what 50 apps/games like this will do...

ETH faces some serious challenges that needs to be solved pretty quickly. like immediately.

Yes this cryptokitties causes the network problem. I cant say for now this will be a good thing to ethereum network because of congestion that until now no resolution. Well I hope in the future this will be good to all ethereum holders.
Activity: 55
December 10, 2017, 09:28:33 AM
I Still dont understand criptokitties
Activity: 289
Merit: 100
December 10, 2017, 09:10:09 AM
Right now ,it's clogging the network and forcing people to up gas prices but in the future ,do you guys think having a game that popular (crypto-pokemons ?)could be a good thing for ethereum ?

I'll say it's good for Eth in general. I think this gam will bring more attention to the platform. With all the clogs th developers can focus their efforts on strengthening the chain. I know it's annoying but I feel good things will follow.
Activity: 97
Merit: 10
December 10, 2017, 07:47:09 AM
just imagine what 50 apps/games like this will do...

ETH faces some serious challenges that needs to be solved pretty quickly. like immediately.

Activity: 2366
Merit: 504
December 10, 2017, 07:44:38 AM
there must be pluses and minuses, and what I feel now is hampering the ethereum network so that trading activity gets messed up. but maybe the future will get better and there will be improvement from the ethereum network, I hope hopefully will return smoothly as before
If you are doing your trade in the centralized exchange and you will not get anything caused by the cryptokitties. the possible thing about that will disrupt the blockchain and that makes it be bloated or congested.
By the way as the first working dapps and cryptokitties tell us about how it will work.
Activity: 656
Merit: 250
December 10, 2017, 07:33:21 AM
If its really the reason why etherium clogged this days then thanks to cryptokitties etherium network needs a huge improvement like in this kind of scenario using the etherium blockchain in games like this so that in the future it will run smoothly.  
Activity: 798
Merit: 103
December 10, 2017, 07:19:19 AM
Cryptokitties is the first new type of virus for blockchain. They invent the first virus who could disrupt a blockchain with smart-contracts. It is also a ponzi-scam scheme. It is the first blockchain worm. How are they going to stop this virus? Make a fork of ETH but an ETH with no smart-contracts? Could someone wanting the death of a ETH has create Cryptokitties?
Activity: 258
December 10, 2017, 06:45:02 AM
I think the game is just additive for very short. It is not so intertesting after a while
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092
~Full-Time Minter since 2016~
December 10, 2017, 06:35:56 AM
so silly this cryptokitties, i went and checked it out and the landing page looks cool, then you sign up and its just a shitty wordpress template
It's a pointless ponzi where the last person to buy is left with a buncha pixel cats noone wants
people are scrambling to be first in the ponzi, and praying someone dumber then them will buy their pixel cats
total epiphany of how crazy ETH people can be with their money Cheesy
Activity: 224
December 10, 2017, 04:42:11 AM
Right now ,it's clogging the network and forcing people to up gas prices but in the future ,do you guys think having a game that popular (crypto-pokemons ?)could be a good thing for ethereum ?

I agree the release of the game "cryptokitties" is a big challenge to ethereum blockchain. Though as for now ethereum already recovered the clogging problems. When ethereum blockchain  will be ready and done adjusting their system, the incoming popular game could be a good thing for them.The increase of the demand from the gamers could build a strong community supporting the coin and will definitely increase its value.
Activity: 378
Merit: 101
December 10, 2017, 03:48:45 AM
I'm totally confused with this cryptokitties,
What is cryptokitties,
How does it work,
Can anyone take time to explain this please? Thank you.
Activity: 120
Cofounder - GIZER - The Global Gaming Network
Activity: 33
December 10, 2017, 12:53:15 AM
This game is a good sign that show crypto is become more and more close to the real life. People start using crypto to play and what more ? More promise things are coming now. Crypto future is more bright now.
Activity: 266
Merit: 103
December 09, 2017, 09:08:22 PM
Good thing, Sure we had dapps like poker and dice, but this is the first dapp on ETH thats just 100% genuine. The idea of it isn't new but its implications are since it is on ETH platform and the congestion its causing only means that Ethereum will have to learn how to scale which means bigger market cap.
Activity: 280
December 09, 2017, 08:44:42 PM
I have yet to look into the app, but given all the buzz I think it's a really good thing. We need more DAPPS, this is just he beginning.
Activity: 285
Merit: 102
December 09, 2017, 08:11:40 PM
Yes it is good but I think the cryptokitty dev team should consider using a sidechain for their project. Please do not be selfish & clog the network
Pages:
Jump to: