Pages:
Author

Topic: CryptoKitties proves Ethereum and it will only get better. - page 3. (Read 782 times)

Activity: 199
Merit: 100
Anyone noticed (the coincidence) how massively the price dropped around the time when CryptoKittens surfaced? So perhaps some investors were not amused?
Activity: 392
Merit: 253
Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain
I tried cryptoKitties this morning. I really like it. It really demonstrates what a smart contract platform can do, granting Eth more media exposure.
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
My opinion is that the CryptoKittie craze has been very good for Ethereum. I've seen comments that the Ethereum network can't handle a large number of transactions but this is patently untrue.

Prior to the cats being let out of the bag, in one day about 10 days ago now, Ethereum processed over 500,000 transactions, more than half of ALL cryptocurrency transactions and the vast majority of those were at approx 12 seconds and for a very low gas price.

Since then, the number of transactions per day has been increasing up to almost 800,000, even with kitties and dwarfing transactions by all other currencies combined!

Yes, transaction times have increased as has the price of gas (which is extremely frustrating), but this is due to scaling which will be sorted out in due course with solutions coming on board, in fact some are already on the mainnet.

We have Plasma, Raiden and in particular, Sharding, to look forward to which will not only bring transaction times back down again, but also GAS fees.

The crypto world has never seen the like of kitties before and even CryptoKitties themselves never expected such a reaction to their project, it's unprecedented but actually works and is continuing to do so.

This can only bode well for the future as we are now aware of the issues at a very early stage in the Ethereum network development and development of solutions will now be at the forefront of developers minds.

Rather than be disheartened this is positive I believe.
I can assume that you invested very well in ethereum Grin  Wink After your news, the price for it will grow, I'm sure.
In fact, I also think that, ethereum will only become stronger when these tests pass!
Activity: 144
Merit: 17
At now recommended gas prices 17 gwei. Yesterday was 30-45. The popularity of cats began to fall?
Activity: 322
Merit: 19
In addition to CryptoKittie, Cryptocrabs already appeared
Activity: 112
Merit: 23
"Get Paid to Play your Media on Current"
I think the Cryptokitties idea is great. The idea is novel and fun. Good for Ethereum overall, despite the current network congestion.
Activity: 406
BAILOUT
Crypto kitties proves that ethereum platform and smart contracts are a new planet which need to be explored.
Activity: 266
Yes crypto kitties is good for ethereum blockchain  for it has given it much more exposure the smart contract of CryptoKitties has accounted for nearly 14 percent of the entire ethereum network’s transaction volume, which is higher than the transaction volume of all other crypto currencies in the market combined.

Yeah,
Its kind of stress testing the ETH network.
Hope Ethereum will fix Large scale network clogging soon and definitely it will come back stronger.
Activity: 476
Merit: 121
Everyone goes crazy in their own way, but how many are crazy? But, nevertheless, the more insane the idea, the more attractive.
Activity: 368
Merit: 266
Here is a chart showing the growth in transaction numbers on the Ethereum network, prior to and since the introduction of CryptoKitties.

https://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/ethereum-transactions.html

Also

Ethereum has approximately 22k pending transactions as can be seen here:

https://etherscan.io/chart/pendingtx

And Bitcoin has over 210k pending transactions as can be seen here:

https://blockchain.info/unconfirmed-transactions

Yep but Bitcoin has monetary transactions. Ethereum on the other hand ends up with its network pretty much offline due massive flood of retarded usage such as CryptoKitties or buying into the latest ICO mega hypejob.

Also there is a lot of spam going on in Bitcoin:

https://jochen-hoenicke.de/queue/#30d

Some of that doesn't seem like organic transactions to me. But the good news is they lose money doing that and eventually subside.

The point is, having use cases like "Cryptokitties" on a main chain instead of sidechain is just insane. Main chain should be for straight simple money transactions.

I agree 100 percent here. In fact, there are sidechain solutions already in the works. Check out the white paper in my signature. Ethereum cannot handle this type behavior and if it continues to develop in this manner, then there may be a rek in the works. And, once contracts become fully autonomous, access to the network will become unattainable without sidechains.
Activity: 364
Merit: 138
dApps Development Automation Platform
Кpиптoмиp никoгдa paньшe нe видeл пoдoбныx кoтят, и дaжe caми CryptoKitties никoгдa нe oжидaли тaкoй peaкции нa cвoй пpoeкт, этo бecпpeцeдeнтнo, нo нa caмoм дeлe paбoтaeт и пpoдoлжaeт этo дeлaть.

I think that Cryptokitties creators, among whom it seems to me, are secretly hiding Vitalik, planned and expected such a reaction and it is very similar to the creative way of testing the network Smiley And of course this is useful in general.
brand new
Activity: 0
Merit: 0
I agree with your comment.

Every great system needs to be stress tested to get better. ETH will come back stronger.
Activity: 644
Merit: 102
Yes crypto kitties is good for ethereum blockchain  for it has given it much more exposure the smart contract of CryptoKitties has accounted for nearly 14 percent of the entire ethereum network’s transaction volume, which is higher than the transaction volume of all other crypto currencies in the market combined.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014
Here is a chart showing the growth in transaction numbers on the Ethereum network, prior to and since the introduction of CryptoKitties.

https://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/ethereum-transactions.html

Also

Ethereum has approximately 22k pending transactions as can be seen here:

https://etherscan.io/chart/pendingtx

And Bitcoin has over 210k pending transactions as can be seen here:

https://blockchain.info/unconfirmed-transactions

Yep but Bitcoin has monetary transactions. Ethereum on the other hand ends up with its network pretty much offline due massive flood of retarded usage such as CryptoKitties or buying into the latest ICO mega hypejob.

Also there is a lot of spam going on in Bitcoin:

https://jochen-hoenicke.de/queue/#30d

Some of that doesn't seem like organic transactions to me. But the good news is they lose money doing that and eventually subside.

The point is, having use cases like "Cryptokitties" on a main chain instead of sidechain is just insane. Main chain should be for straight simple money transactions.
Activity: 76
Merit: 7
It's a great game and I can see why people are hooked with it, had a play with it myself yesterday.

Toshi has now released it, for anyone who doesn't know, Toshi is the Ethereum browser (mobile app) which coinbase have built.

The only downside I see at the moment, on Desktop especially, is that MetaMask is a little clunky. There needs to be a smoother way to transact.

BTC
Activity: 2282
Merit: 668
Community management 24/7 for hire
Nice information. Thank you.
Activity: 752
Merit: 501
My opinion is that the CryptoKittie craze has been very good for Ethereum. I've seen comments that the Ethereum network can't handle a large number of transactions but this is patently untrue.

Prior to the cats being let out of the bag, in one day about 10 days ago now, Ethereum processed over 500,000 transactions, more than half of ALL cryptocurrency transactions and the vast majority of those were at approx 12 seconds and for a very low gas price.

Since then, the number of transactions per day has been increasing up to almost 800,000, even with kitties and dwarfing transactions by all other currencies combined!

Yes, transaction times have increased as has the price of gas (which is extremely frustrating), but this is due to scaling which will be sorted out in due course with solutions coming on board, in fact some are already on the mainnet.

We have Plasma, Raiden and in particular, Sharding, to look forward to which will not only bring transaction times back down again, but also GAS fees.

The crypto world has never seen the like of kitties before and even CryptoKitties themselves never expected such a reaction to their project, it's unprecedented but actually works and is continuing to do so.

This can only bode well for the future as we are now aware of the issues at a very early stage in the Ethereum network development and development of solutions will now be at the forefront of developers minds.

Rather than be disheartened this is positive I believe.

Yeah I am seeing tons of posts about CryptoKitties, or at least a couple so far, and it seems to be going viral. Hope the ETH network gets faster and gas prices decrease soon though. Tongue
Activity: 280
ETH is going to be clogged like this for 1 or 2 months. People are going to be desinterested about it and ICO are going to move to other coins and not use ETH as people can't send ETH. I don't see how ETH is going to better. The price is the same and may get lower, but the transfer fees are more important and the difficulty to mine it also grows a lot. A lot of people are mining other coins as they are more profitable than ETH.

I'm a ETH supporter, let me indicate this first. I also couldn't understand how eth is going better with cryptokitties. The network is locked down and we can't make token transfers. I have to pay $2 for a simple token transfer, this is bad!
Activity: 476
Even though it spikes up the transaction costs and generally makes for a slower network, I still like the kitties.
Introduces new people to crypto.
Activity: 798
Merit: 103
ETH is going to be clogged like this for 1 or 2 months. People are going to be desinterested about it and ICO are going to move to other coins and not use ETH as people can't send ETH. I don't see how ETH is going to better. The price is the same and may get lower, but the transfer fees are more important and the difficulty to mine it also grows a lot. A lot of people are mining other coins as they are more profitable than ETH.
Pages:
Jump to: