Pages:
Author

Topic: Cryptopia... - page 2. (Read 235 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500
March 16, 2018, 01:24:00 PM
Cryptopia users in Cryptopia (New Zealand) were targeted by hacker attacks. From the users of the exchange, mass complaints about repeated attempts to break into private offices began to arrive. Account holders assume that criminals were able to access the list of e-mails to which user accounts are registered, and, possibly, steal passwords to them. According to the reports of the victims, attempts to log into their accounts have been performed from the IP addresses of the Russian Federation, Ukraine and the Czech Republic. Users who were more enterprising and protected their accounts using two-factor authentication, were not harmed.
i also notice this , i think last day the hacker try to open my crytopia account 2x but failed to open it.also i already widraw all my funds there so im not so worried if the hacker can open it.
Activity: 1057
Merit: 261
March 16, 2018, 01:20:37 PM
I am a regular user of cryptopia exchange and need to write down Pin Code in term of pin validation so that I can access my account. I've notified a couple of times in the last few weeks, A failed logon attempt was detected from the following IP address: xxxxxxxxx but I didn't know that how crucial it will be as mentioned above.
Activity: 266
Merit: 11
March 16, 2018, 11:51:40 AM
Cryptopia exchange uses PIN validation not 2FA(Google Authenticator or sms) validation. Comparing to other popular exchanges (Binance, Bittrex, Kucoin..etc) seems cryptopia exchange security is not that strong. Also cryptopia very popular among pumpers which I really don't like.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 647
March 16, 2018, 11:35:57 AM
Several users have posted on Cryptopia subreddit that they are getting emails of failed log in attempt from a different IP. Those users are thinking that Cryptopia was hacked, but the community manager/mod assured that there has been no security breach nor hack within their system.

Enabling 2FA really helps in this kind of situation. Secure your account.

For those who are looking for source, just go : https://www.reddit.com/r/Cryptopia/
For the specific link of the community manager's post : Failed login attempt? Check haveibeenpwned.com

Activity: 532
Merit: 250
March 16, 2018, 09:36:31 AM
I have not heard this news but I think cryptopia is vulnerable to hacking attacks, I would not hold coins in cryptopia. If this exchange will be target I don't think it can compete against hackers.
Activity: 195
Merit: 100
Free crypto every day here: discord.gg/pXB9nuZ
March 16, 2018, 09:34:26 AM
Cryptopia users in Cryptopia (New Zealand) were targeted by hacker attacks. From the users of the exchange, mass complaints about repeated attempts to break into private offices began to arrive. Account holders assume that criminals were able to access the list of e-mails to which user accounts are registered, and, possibly, steal passwords to them. According to the reports of the victims, attempts to log into their accounts have been performed from the IP addresses of the Russian Federation, Ukraine and the Czech Republic. Users who were more enterprising and protected their accounts using two-factor authentication, were not harmed.

Just want to know the source of this information. I've tried to log in my account to see if there's a news but I can't find it. If this is real, I will immediately pull-out all of my coins there.
Activity: 448
Merit: 12
March 16, 2018, 09:31:05 AM
That is more reason accounts need to be protected with 2FA. There have been several attempts to hack so many accounts other other exchanges as well, but accounts locked with 2FA were protected. So many people these days, most especially those having accounts with funds should have learnt their lessons from different news around, most especially the news of hacking of accounts.
Link will also be appreciated please, so as to hold unto the truth.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1598
Do not die for Putin
March 16, 2018, 09:30:29 AM

Is there any reliable source for this information. This forum has already a large load of messages with FUD, and I am not saying this is FUD, but it is not documented at all.
Activity: 66
Merit: 0
March 16, 2018, 09:24:11 AM
Pages:
Jump to: