Pages:
Author

Topic: Cryptopia going to the dogs or am I imagining things ? - page 2. (Read 200 times)

Activity: 34
Merit: 1
I'm part of a movement to make the forums better.
Yeah, if the banks haven't let cryptopia do its thing, and if cryptopia can't get any fiat backing... insolvency is the only course of action.

I'm glad I only have a few coins there. It's a loss that I can just walk away from.
Activity: 252
Merit: 104
Decentralized Ecosystem for User-Generated Content
Transactions/deposits/withdrawals etc routinely get stuck "processing" for days at a time.
(some people are reporting weeks).

It's called insolvency. I have said it before already, but what's happening is that they fill gaps with debt, and that's never a good way to move forward. In easy to understand language; at the moment you deposit Litecoin for example, Cryptopia will use your coins to fund the withdrawal requests of people who've been waiting for days or weeks. It's almost like a scheme structure where early birds get paid out with the money flowing in from new investors. One way or another, something is horribly wrong, that's for sure, but what I don't understand is how people despite all the warnings and complaints, still deposit funds in an obvious shithole. In some cases you have to understand when to ditch an exchange, regardless of how many shitcoins they host that other exchanges rightfully aren't willing to list.
Is there a way we could actually know this? And how is that even possible when every time you send coins you have the coins, I just don't get it. I haven't had a problem just yet but it does worry me as Cryptopia was amongst my favorite exchanges.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
Transactions/deposits/withdrawals etc routinely get stuck "processing" for days at a time.

It's called insolvency. I have said it before already, but what's happening is that they fill gaps with debt, and that's never a good way to move forward. In easy to understand language; at the moment you deposit Litecoin for example, Cryptopia will use your coins to fund the withdrawal requests of people who've been waiting for days or weeks. It's almost like a scheme structure where early birds get paid out with the money flowing in from new investors. One way or another, something is horribly wrong, that's for sure, but what I don't understand is how people despite all the warnings and complaints, still deposit funds in an obvious shithole. In some cases you have to understand when to ditch an exchange, regardless of how many shitcoins they host that other exchanges rightfully aren't willing to list.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 536
Cryptopia problems seem to be getting worse by the day..

this used to be one of the most reliable exchanges what has happened ??

Support has become virtually non-existent & support tickets take weeks to get answered.

If I was a NZ resident it would be a different story as I could sue their asses, but unfortunately
I don't so I have to sit and wait until they feel like acting.
I was planning on trading in to Cryptopia, I'm glad I read what you wrote. Especially great is too much of the stock market these days, think there should be a stock market more competitive.
Activity: 434
Merit: 102
Leading Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Company
Well they've always had those problems but eventually resolve them. sometimes they cant be faulted because of the new users on the platform which increases daily putting unnecessary pressure on the site because these new users mess up and the mess has to be cleaned.I think they just need to upgrade their services to match up to the userbase
Activity: 1372
Merit: 647
As far as I know they started to resolve the issues in withdrawals. Well, there are still problems that haven't been solved as of the moment, but some stuck withdrawals have been cancelled and once a withdraw request was made again, it will go through smoothly already. If you're not aware yet, you can see some story in their Ann Thread.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
I didn't have problems with Cryptopia, but the reality is that many people have issues with this exchange.
Does anyone know what is happening there? Why is there such a mess?

because they went from 20,000 users to over 1 million in the space of a few months. at least that's what they're saying started these problems.

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/News check the post from january 6th.

it's now been a few months. volumes are way, way down compared to the peak so in theory they should be getting on top of things now. judging by the volume of complaints these days they're clearly not managing to deal with this stuff successfully.

beyond the failure to nail any support requests they're also doing things like holding back byteball that belongs to their customers.

even if they're not dishonest, their incompetence is bordering on criminal anyway.

if they had half a brain they'd delist all those shitcoins and get to work properly.
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
I didn't have problems with Cryptopia, but the reality is that many people have issues with this exchange.
Does anyone know what is happening there? Why is there such a mess?
Activity: 463
Merit: 256
Cryptopia problems seem to be getting worse by the day..

this used to be one of the most reliable exchanges what has happened ??

Support has become virtually non-existent & support tickets take weeks to get answered.

If I was a NZ resident it would be a different story as I could sue their asses, but unfortunately
I don't so I have to sit and wait until they feel like acting.
Pages:
Jump to: