Pages:
Author

Topic: Cryptos-Currencies.Com : First forum using Epochtalk - page 4. (Read 2929 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 962
HOLD BITCOIN! Fiat - SCAM!
<...>

Yes, it is! The message was in the spam!
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 10532
There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain
<...>
Check your spam folder. Mine was there and I would have skipped it had @Iasenko not warned me that it is being detected as spam.
Activity: 840
Merit: 962
HOLD BITCOIN! Fiat - SCAM!
<...>

Hi!
Q: email confirmation message how fast does it come? I've been waiting 15 minutes - still no.
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 10532
There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain
Not sure where the bugs and such are best reported, and they may not be bugs but parametrization features or functional oddities. Maybe best in both places. For now, there is a thread on the referenced website, and as @theyoungmillionaire has done, I'll post mine here (trying not to report what others have already done):

Some of the apparent bugs we may find could have to do with system configuration, as perhaps there are parameters that can be set by the Admin to customize the environment such as lack of edit tool bar, post max. size, etc.  At this point, bugs and lack of functionality (compared to current Bitcointalk) may be confused. I'll try to skip reporting things that have already been mentioned.

These are a few I’ve found so far:

1) Copy/paste post from Bitcointalk seems to confront size limitations-> post is trimmed to around 600 words out of 1285 of the OP.

2) Screen width is not taken into account as much as on the Bitcointalk site: posts here are cropped by around 25% on my screen (wide 4k). Also zooming in to screen on Bitcointalk redistributes post text accordingly, while here it does not do it if you shrink the screen size (it does if you enlarge the screen a lot).

3) Some text with spaces that displays aligned on Bitcointalk does not here. Possibly due to the default text font being different (when I copy text into word from this site it displays as “lato”, whilst being “calibri” when doing the same from Bitcointalk).

4) When I try to snip  in a quote the way I normally do it  (less than + 2 dots+ greater than), the preview and post actions delete the snip.  That is weird, and when importing all Bitcointalk could be an issue.

5) I can edit my profile UserName. That seems to be the PK to each user.  If I can change it, that could be troublesome (let alone for scraping and joining data, but that is a lesser issue from the forum's perspective).

6) Although already mentioned, not being able to delete a post, but only hide it is weird.

7) (minor issue) “Code” embraced areas seem to add a few blank lines on its own will, making the code area larger than necessary.

8 ) (minor issue) Direct urls  are sometimes converted to hyperlinks and others not (dictionary based?).

9) “Too many request” appear twice on screen. We are not many concurrent users, so it’s strange to see it.

10) Imported someone’s small pyramid quote. Displays fine but dates are wrong and relative to 1970.

11) Created 15 posts. I deleted one of them, and @iasenko another on a self-moderated thread. Nevertheless, my activity shows as 14 (not 13 as I expected). Also there is no post count. Post deletion seems to hide posts, but perhaps it is not adjusting Activity properly.

12) While on my profile, my post history has a very small thread title space (so it tends to appear trimmed).

13) There is no post number in the personal post history. If there are campaigns, counting posts will be a bit more difficult in relation to how it is done on Bitcointalk.

14) In addition, post history is only relative to thread, but we do not see the path to the thread as we currently do on bitcointalk (section/subsection/etc.).

15) I can see a post of mine on two pages of the paging of a given thread. If I change the setting to allow 50 post per page (instead of 25), then the post only shows once as it should. The post is last on the first page of the thread (post number 25 - if there were a number), and second on the following page (post number 27 - if there were a number).

16) Management of deleted posts seems a bit of a mess. A post of mine was deleted on a self-moderated thread. Nevertheless, I was still able to unhide it, edit it and quote it.

17) In the Notification menu, marking one or all as read does not refresh their status until you actually refresh the page itself.

18) This seems odd. I received 3 PMs from one single user (ok), but the Reply I create does no reference, nor let me decide, which of the three PMs I'm replying to.

In addition, without it being bug related:

-    Since profiles are not by ID but by username, a priori, you cannot create a process to download say all forum profiles, amongst other things. It could also bring on some difficulties related to mapped character tables on those names with “weird” characters in them.

-    To gain access to the content of all posts from his history, you need to click each thread header from the list. Scraper can do that conceptually, but it may deem a complication.

-    PostId is a weird looking string, but the current one was not much use either if you wanted to retrieve all posts from a thread for example. You still need to scrape the hard way instead of through a correlative set of IDs.

Edit: 20190317:

19) (functionality) I can Deactivate/Reactivate my account, and that hide my account and all my posts from the forum: Good for the user, bad for the forum ?

20) After browing notifications, you need to refresh the page for the new notification counter to disappear.

Activity: 375
Merit: 1021
Just in case no one loves you, I love you 3000.
- View counts not calculating/working.
- PM/DM reply notification part - okay test with @iasenko.
- Signature not showing/visible. I can only see my own signature.
- Can't see some functions on Starting new topic.
- Tried display name - nothing happened.

+ PM/DM is cool.
+ Okay on reporting part: Report user/post.
+ Member search - Okay as of the moment

I think the notification needs to be checked, as also mentioned by @iasenko

View image

Date on quote error:

View image

If people are having a problem with their registration, try using a dummy yahoo email address. Account confirmation is fast using ymail.

View image

EDIT:
Post deleted message is visible to ordinary users.

View image

EDIT:
Can't see move topic/thread function, only lock thread.

View image
Activity: 709
Merit: 335
You need someone to develop your Web project ?
Hmm,

If I'm not mistaken, the logs are not publicly available ( To check ) ^^

Here we access them through those links and they are
Great,

How can we get access to the modlog and the seclog? I tried to find it but without success til now.

I'll use this thread to write my review on Epochtalk later. Smiley

Hmm,

Please do, because with the current version of the forum they are publicly available you can access them from here:
Link to modlog: https://bitcointalk.org/modlog.php
Link to seclog: https://bitcointalk.org/seclog.php

Hmm, I understand your request, but the only logs I have are the Moderation log :

I don't know if I can give access to everyone to this page ( For the security ) Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134
₿uy / $ell
Hmm,

Here we access them through those links and they are
Great,

How can we get access to the modlog and the seclog? I tried to find it but without success til now.

Hmm,

Please do, because with the current version of the forum they are publicly available you can access them from here:
Link to modlog: https://bitcointalk.org/modlog.php
Link to seclog: https://bitcointalk.org/seclog.php
Great,

Hmm,

legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134
₿uy / $ell
Great,

My overview > Updated 03.03.

Bugs/issues

1.  Notifications  for mentions are triggered after a certain amount of time.  That is OK .
2. After Marking the notifications  " all read" there is still pending old notification. 
3.  Toolbar menus for posting  are missing . I guess it's intended.
4.  Trust feedback cannot be changed or removed after posting it. I guess there is some cool down time, but should be mentioned somewhere on the page.
5. Seems like the view count is not working .
6. There are no "post drafts" after a preview of a post.
7. Self-moderated thread is actually not a self moderated. You cannot delete posts. Actually you can hide them but the user can unhide them so it is useless.
8 . Some symbols are not displayed at all like asterisk. If you have it in the signature, it disappears.
9. No post count option.
10. cannot delete posts in self-moderated threads, can only hide them - i guess it's intentional.
11. No ranks yet.
12. No restriction in posting and searching, maybe due to no ranking system yet.
13. I cannot move topics in different sections

Side note: I guess big part of those issues can be corrected/activated  from the admin panel. I have no access to confirm that.

What caught my attention /no issues/ :

Activity stops at 14. I guess the algorithm is working.

What I like :

1. You can choose to report user or post, I like it Smiley
2. Easy to add users to the trust list,  separate  buttons to trust and untrust lists, cool.
3.  Nice mobile version
Hello guys !

I am happy to present, to my knowledge, the first forum using Epochtalk ! Smiley

A few days ago, I learned that a new version of this forum was being developed.

After some research, I learned that the project was open-source.

Being a web developer myself, I thought, why not start using the project, in order to help with debugging ?

It's done !

I named this forum www.cryptos-currencies.

So to make it simple, this forum has as its first objective to help in the development / debugging of the Epochtalk project. And for that, I focused the forum around Cryptos-Money in general.

Launch topic : https://www.cryptos-currencies.com/threads/5MjVFFOsTtGQNvwIBuxm3A/posts?start=1

Important information :

Anyone using this (or any other "unofficial" test site) please keep in mind privacy and safety implications:

- don't use your bitcointalk username or otherwise link yourself between sites if your don't want to expose your IP to third parties;
- don't use the same e-mail and/or password;
- don't assume other users have the same usernames.

I'm pretty sure there are many other pitfalls. Be smart please.

If you are interested in testing it, don't hesitate !

P.S : Sorry for my bad English, I don't speak realy good English Wink
Pages:
Jump to: