Pages:
Author

Topic: CryptoXchange took my $100 and will not reply to my emails or return phone calls - page 2. (Read 2576 times)

legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003
Cryptoexchange does not require a cash deposit?

I don't exactly remember by brain fart, but at some point, it said "or deposit your funds via your online banking account". I was busy at the time and figured it would save me a trip to the bank. Then I vaguely remember thinking "Where do I put my reference #" before clicking submit. After that, I knew I was going to have some problems getting the deposit credited. I did not think I was going to have my communications to recover the deposit put off however.

I figure they need to wait a LONG TIME to have your check clear 100%.  Otherwise people could deposit bad checks (fake checks, NSF checks, stop payment checks etc), and get bitcoins for them. 
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
Bitcoin Mayor of Las Vegas

I don't exactly remember by brain fart, but at some point, it said "or deposit your funds via your online banking account". I was busy at the time and figured it would save me a trip to the bank. Then I vaguely remember thinking "Where do I put my reference #" before clicking submit. After that, I knew I was going to have some problems getting the deposit credited. I did not think I was going to have my communications to recover the deposit put off however.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
If I were you I would take that picture down immediately. That cheque has all the routing information for your bank account so someone could use it to steal money. Your welcome.
I fully accept my responsibility for F-ing up this deposit in the first place. It's been a week with since you've had all the information you should need to figure this out and I've had no communication in that time.

I feel badly for bringing this to a public forum, but was not getting any call backs or emails. I just need resolution to this so I can get my Bitcoin and give you guys another proper try.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1076
I know CryptoXChange is a competing exchange us, but you deposited with the wrong code, and it has just been a weekend. I would give them a message on IRC- I suspect they have to do these kinds of transfers manually (maybe a couple of people have to be around and free to authorise this) so it slipped through the cracks.

It's best to go through proper support channels rather than emailing the CEO personally. Lots of people sending me forum PMs, emails, IRC messages, Skype messages, telephone calls and I keep telling people to email support - if it is not in one place, then your message may get lost. Especially when me and Ken are not a support people.

EDIT: I'm not from CryptoXChange. I'm genjix / Amir Taaki from Intersango.
I really hate to do this publicly but I've given them plenty of time to respond privately.

TL;DR I deposited $100 at CryptoXchange, they cashed my check, but didn't credit my account - initially because I screwed up the deposit procedure (first time working with them). But even after making phone calls, sending emails since the 30th, providing the copies of the cancelled checks that they cashed on the 2012-01-30, I still don't have my account credited, my money returned, and I haven't heard ANYTHING from them since 2012-02-02.

Here is a PDF of my conversations and check images: http://goo.gl/rrhMR

My hopes are that someone here can push the right buttons to help me get this resolved.
Pages:
Jump to: