Pages:
Author

Topic: Cryptsy 0% Trade Fees New Face lift coming soon . Come trade with us today! - page 2. (Read 4599 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
why verification needed to trade with usd?
I was also going to this question but already posted now waiting for reply from OP about this why verification is must for this

Its the Law simply put. If we did not the feds could seize funds etc etc. Much like Gox had their US accounts frozen back in the day.
Thanks for reply and clearing its mean now I am going to do verification of my account
Activity: 97
Merit: 10
When will you offer withdrawl and deposit to and from Visa. After all what we have now isnt much use to those of us who don't live in USA.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
This is a big step for cryptsy. And for the whole community.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
Where's NXT/USD you cuuunts

you NXT sock puppet trolls need to stfu.
more than likely it will get added if need be.. being an irritating dick about it is not going to help and makes your community look bad.
and i say this simply because of the endless spamming trolling and drama in this forum from you NXT cheerleaders.. it's been getting out of hand.
besides get in line.. they have to add Jackpot coin first.. hahhaha

Anyway on topic..
I can sort of understand being weird about wanting your face added to a picture with ID
but myself i don't care i even posted my picture for everyone to see on Cryptsy chat last year.
a few well known guys got doxxed last year and i felt bad for one guy and said hey man, here's mine lol

but the id requirement is sensible and an appropriate measure too be compliant as a money service business of sorts in USA
with Altcoins teetering on regulation this is just the only smart choice. (vs like BTC-E with no ID requirement)

Lastly i have not verified myself at Cryptsy but i probably would do it.
i raised the issue of security with Mullick and he said he didn't have access to that private info,
which no offense to Mullick but i found that reassuring.. i DO in fact trust Mullick.

So congrats Cryptsy i wish ya luck with it.
This is a step in the right direction i think for Crypto overall..
more service for us and more of a professional level is now going to be required of Cryptsy.
People on the fence about Cryptsy now may have to consider that with USD markets Crypty has to be extra cautious now.
And what ever has happened in the past is not so important as learning and moving forward.
Bring up a negative stories about Cryptsy here is not going to help.. although i occasionally do that lol
What we the clients need is no more NEW negative incidents Wink
Activity: 826
Merit: 1001
@Bit_John
Currently its a check though we will have more options in the near future such as ACH.

If we live local can we just come and pickup the checks instead of waiting on the mailman?

Mail service in south Florida is the worst.

haha Ill ask.... Not sure though kinda could muck up the process.
Activity: 6
Currently its a check though we will have more options in the near future such as ACH.

If we live local can we just come and pickup the checks instead of waiting on the mailman?

Mail service in south Florida is the worst.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008
Forget-about-it
If it wasn't for the fact they want you to provide photo ID and send them photo of yourself holding said ID - I quote "we are asking that, in addition to submitting a government issued ID, you submit an image of you holding the ID with your face visible" ...
Now, this might seem like ingenious security measure (at least on some misguided level) to site admin, but the perspective of your mobile phone mug shot selfie holding your own passport finding its way to the internet should the site become compromised at any point in the future is just priceless. Cheesy
its becoming standard practice.  I had to do this to sign up for a verified online course.  also cryptsy has to verify accounts under whatever the "know your clients" part of being a money handler is..
(apologies in advance for bad terminology)
Activity: 29
@Bit_John
Congrats on getting them opened. Pretty weak marketing though. Maybe you need to hire someone to handle that stuff for you.

Shouldn't there be a big banner on the home page bragging about it, or even some tweets in the feed and blog posts about USD/XXX? Even the about page hasn't been updated. No mention of it on the Cryptostocks listing either... and this was a the whole point of that offering.

Is Project Investors fully licensed in the USA now?

Quote from: BitJohn
Need BTC for FIAT now?
CampBX or use my referral save money

LOL

HAHA good catch Wink As far as the marketing we will hit it harder when we have more payment and deposit options in the US Smiley
Activity: 122
Merit: 100
Congrats on getting them opened. Pretty weak marketing though. Maybe you need to hire someone to handle that stuff for you.

Shouldn't there be a big banner on the home page bragging about it, or even some tweets in the feed and blog posts about USD/XXX? Even the about page hasn't been updated. No mention of it on the Cryptostocks listing either... and this was a the whole point of that offering.

Is Project Investors fully licensed in the USA now?

Quote from: BitJohn
Need BTC for FIAT now?
CampBX or use my referral save money

LOL
@Bit_John
I was also going to this question but already posted now waiting for reply from OP about this why verification is must for this

Its the Law simply put. If we did not the feds could seize funds etc etc. Much like Gox had their US accounts frozen back in the day.
Activity: 462
WikiScams.org - Information about Bitcoin Scams

I'm not the OP but it seems that most exchanges dealing with USD generally require some sort of verification. Possibly it's something to do with AML/KYC laws but it might also be due to the risk of chargebacks and fraud which doesn't exist when dealing purely with cryptos.
Activity: 378
@Bit_John
So can you convert BTC to USD or is it just USD to BTC?

Both of course.
Activity: 288
So can you convert BTC to USD or is it just USD to BTC?
Activity: 28
I love this! Smiley hope more coins we will be able to trade with usd soon!
v0n
Activity: 24
If it wasn't for the fact they want you to provide photo ID and send them photo of yourself holding said ID - I quote "we are asking that, in addition to submitting a government issued ID, you submit an image of you holding the ID with your face visible" ...
Now, this might seem like ingenious security measure (at least on some misguided level) to site admin, but the perspective of your mobile phone mug shot selfie holding your own passport finding its way to the internet should the site become compromised at any point in the future is just priceless. Cheesy
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Growcoin Chief
Good...  Grin

I rahtrer trade at cryptsy then a site like btc-e or something...

Thank you! Cool
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
Activity: 490
Where's NXT/USD you cuuunts
Pages:
Jump to: