Pages:
Author

Topic: Cryptsy bad experience - page 2. (Read 1195 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
February 02, 2014, 04:29:55 AM
Is this your first day trading or something? Do you even understand what confirmations are? Surely if you had any experience in trading to begin with you'd know better and time your buys accordingly and not buy "on the spot". Just because you lost money doesn't mean Cryptsy sucks, it means you made a poor trade. Adjust your strategies and try again. There's a reason why Cryptsy is rated one of the top exchanges. Big Vern and BitJohn are members of this forum and are very helpful. Better to ask people how things work rather than to start bashing on no premise and looking foolish, especially when you still got your coins. Also, if you're referring to a pump as in someone told you to pump it, that was also your mistake.

The pump has nothing to do with the situation, It could have been a simple day of trading as well. The issue here is that system notified me of a purchase with those blue popups, but I didn't see it anywhere else. I didn't see it in pending section, history section, etc. It was simply visually not recorded and it has nothing to do with any kind of confirmation.

Again, before you go crying wolf, you need to understand what confirmations are. I don't use the coin you're talking about, but the amount of confirmations required for a transaction to appear in your account can vary between 1-100, maybe more. You should probably ask one of the two members I mentioned here to take a look at your problems (if they're still down to help you after you bad mouth them) because any issue I've ever had they have resolved for me. That includes coins that had seemingly disappeared into the abyss. When in doubt, you can always look at the blockchain explorer if the coin has one. Just chill out man, as long as you got the coins there's no reason to go making threads about trivial shit like this.

This topic wasn't about going crying wolf, rather then just sharing my experience. I guess the topic name might be wrong at this point.

Let me put this say this for the last time, and then I'm done. I placed an order, notification popup showed I did, but at the same time "Your Open Orders" was empty. Same pop up showed me that I bought coins, but again "Your Open Orders" was empty, as well as "Trade History".
So you are stating that because of no confirmation, that took over 2 hours, system didn't record any movements in my account, however at the same time even though I saw the numbers of bitcoins I had, in reality there were ZERO of them. How I checked that? Tried to withdraw. And the other way around, even thought I saw ZERO BQC Coin, my actual balance was the number of coins I bought.

I'm chill. I didn't want to make the situation even worse, but theoretically I could withdraw those BQC coins like after 5 minutes of my trade was placed, even thought I didn't see anything in my account. Is this confirmation stuff?
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
February 02, 2014, 04:19:20 AM
Is this your first day trading or something? Do you even understand what confirmations are? Surely if you had any experience in trading to begin with you'd know better and time your buys accordingly and not buy "on the spot". Just because you lost money doesn't mean Cryptsy sucks, it means you made a poor trade. Adjust your strategies and try again. There's a reason why Cryptsy is rated one of the top exchanges. Big Vern and BitJohn are members of this forum and are very helpful. Better to ask people how things work rather than to start bashing on no premise and looking foolish, especially when you still got your coins. Also, if you're referring to a pump as in someone told you to pump it, that was also your mistake.

The pump has nothing to do with the situation, It could have been a simple day of trading as well. The issue here is that system notified me of a purchase with those blue popups, but I didn't see it anywhere else. I didn't see it in pending section, history section, etc. It was simply visually not recorded and it has nothing to do with any kind of confirmation.

Again, before you go crying wolf, you need to understand what confirmations are. I don't use the coin you're talking about, but the amount of confirmations required for a transaction to appear in your account can vary between 1-100, maybe more. You should probably ask one of the two members I mentioned here to take a look at your problems (if they're still down to help you after you bad mouth them) because any issue I've ever had they have resolved for me. That includes coins that had seemingly disappeared into the abyss. When in doubt, you can always look at the blockchain explorer if the coin has one. Just chill out man, as long as you got the coins there's no reason to go making threads about trivial shit like this.
February 02, 2014, 04:13:07 AM

The pump has nothing to do with the situation, It could have been a simple day of trading as well. The issue here is that system notified me of a purchase with those blue popups, but I didn't see it anywhere else. I didn't see it in pending section, history section, etc. I didn't see any changes in my account for over two hours, but still received notifications of purchases with no visual recording. About what confirmations are you talking about if the second trade was after 30 minutes and there were still no records on my side of it? For two hours there was nothing in my account going on.

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
February 02, 2014, 04:04:00 AM
Activity: 308
Merit: 292
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
February 02, 2014, 03:24:01 AM
Yep. This is why I avoid that exchange if I can and do the majority of my trading on bter.
February 02, 2014, 03:09:31 AM
I've seen a lot of topics in here about how bad cryptsy is, but really never thought it would hit me..

The other day I was taking part in a pump. And, a small detail first of all - I'm not a big whale/baller, just a simple small fish.

When the pump started, I tried buying BQC coin ASAP, and I succeeded! The system showed me the blue notification thing in the bottom left corner as it always does. I was happy!

But then I noticed a strange thing, I couldn't see any entries in trade history or the action history with this particular coin.

My Coin trade history

Overall account history

And as you know - pumps are fast things, after few minutes it ended, and I was happy I didn't really take part in it, since I believe the system didn't proceed my order. With no entries in trading history, I didn't see any movements in my account balance as well.

Account Balance

After 30 minutes of the pump, I checked my account again and again saw system notifications of orders in the bottom left corner. Now I got really curious what the hell is going on. I didn't see any changes in my account, I basically was completely blind and my account still went on trading. I tried to withdraw my BTC because I didn't like this at all.

Now, remember previous picture where I had 0.09BTC?

So yeah, system proceeded my order, but I didn't see anything, anything!!

Then I tried to check BQC coins by accessing withdraw window, and here it is !

My support ticket is still pending, no reply. Only after couple of hours passed after I sent the support ticket, the coin was properly added to my account, that is trade history, etc. etc.

Thanks Cryptsy, I just lost a share of my money because of your server issues!
Pages:
Jump to: