Pages:
Author

Topic: Cryptsy, BTC-E and Hotmail account hacked - page 2. (Read 3031 times)

Activity: 80
Merit: 10
Cryptocurrency, best creation ever!
December 09, 2013, 05:25:42 AM
Today I found out that my Cryptsy, BTC-E and Hotmail account have been hacked. I first tried logging into my Cryptsy account to find that my password had been changed, so I tried logging into my email account to see if maybe I had made a mistake. To my surprise, my Hotmail password had also been changed, but I was able to change it because it is linked to my mobile number. So I sent a password recovery to Cryptsy and was able to login. All my coins had been sold off and withdrawn to this bitcoin address: 1CYehmoJN3sxgW3U8JvQrPTWMBy7yNv42V  I was freaking out so then I went to my BTC-E account to find that the hacker had sold off my Litecoins for Euros, and I don't know why he sold them for Euros when he simply could have sold them for Bitcoin and done the same thing as my Cryptsy account. I loss in total about 6.75 BTC, I am greatly saddened, although it is not much of a loss to me due to that all these coins were bought a while ago for a small amount of money. I have no idea how the hacker gained access to my information, I had run a virus scan only yesterday, and I have not entered my information on any strange websites. My BTC-E and Cryptsy password are the same, but my email password is slightly different to it. If anyone has any information on what I can do (I doubt anything can be done lol) please post here, or if you have a similar story.
Thanks for reading,
Pages:
Jump to: