Pages:
Author

Topic: Cryptsy Double Spends are Back. Trade with Extreme Caution- See for Yourself - page 2. (Read 2592 times)

legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1022
Cryptsy Double Spends are Back. Trade with Extreme Caution.

Not only will you get banned for suggesting they fix it now we are financially liable for the error in coding.

Be warned.

How it works against you to fuck you.

You place a buy order, the buy order does not appear or seem to register for a period of time so you submit the  buy again on the belief that since no indication is made on your account that the original order did not get accepted.

But both orders do you through leaving you either with a negative BTC or altcoin balance.

Cryptsy then requires you to pay back the difference at the current market price.

So if you wanted to sell 1 btc of say wdc, first order doesnt take so you resubmit. Then both orders at a later date are executed. You account is frozen until you replace the 1 BTC worth or wdc.

Problem is if the wdc price rose say 800% by the time your realized, you would then have to buy or replenish the wdc missing from your account to un freeze your account.

So quite easily your 1 btc sell could turn into an 8btc loss.

Be wary.

Digging- Just had to buy 100 BC at dbl price to restore from neg value, still don`t see how I have to foot the bill , but can`t stay out of the game so meh Smiley

smcki012730 @BitJohn: so the only way to get rid of neg balance is to sell my BC? Correct?

BitJohn- @smcki012730: correct if you overbought BC with BTC then yeah you sell it to cover

DKdance931 @BitJohn: I HAVE NEGATIVE BALANCES !!
Banned - *** System Message *** DKdance931 has been banned from chat for 1 hour

noself642 @BitJohn: Hey BitJohn I have a negative balance and a withdrawl waiting on confirmation - thoughts?

eracrypt482 @BitJohn: im still waiting on negative balance too with ticket out

TiberiuC527 @BitJohn my BTC balance is negative now and have a BTC pending withdrawal. If i deposit BTC to be on positive balance will the pending withdrawal be processed?

happyXY32 @BitJohn: my account somehow went to -28 MN1 and i bought some more and now it's -8. is this being addressed?

bigboy1232 so im still - balance

luketg08958 @BitJohn no it's not, i lost 2.5k because of your exchanges problem because you guys couldn't freeze trading. shit isn't correct'

philocide716 so this negative balance didnt get resolved?
Pages:
Jump to: