Pages:
Author

Topic: Cryptsy = Fail. Cryptsy ran off with my bitcoins. - page 2. (Read 2536 times)

Activity: 103
Merit: 10
Cryptsy now pay for holding deposits, vircurex did the same - I'm out of this exchange, don't make Gox's mistake!
Bittrex and MintPal are now the most reliable exchanges Wink
Same to me. Sound good.
Activity: 616
Merit: 250

This is too laughable...

Cryptsy is The Exchange I trust, it's the Only Exchange I have trusted for the last year.

After thousands of trades they have never, ever, let me down.

Yes, on rare occasions delays have occurred but they always have fixed any rare technical
problems, and they have settled every last issue I have ever had. And as far as I know they
do the same for every customer of theirs.

I wasn't foolish enough to get Goxed by Mt. Gox!

Nor was I naive enough to trust any shady or fly by night scams, or the many scammers
in these parts!

Nor am I gullible enough to trust these strangers on the internet, usually with newbie
accounts, whom are obvious shills and tools for other exchanges with the ethics of a crook,
or mere cry baby trolls. Of course there are also plenty of cry babies demanding always
perfect instant gratification with extremely complex new technologies that we're all learning
to juggle and deal, and with whom just can't grasp the fact that extremely complex
technologies take some time and much efforts to perfect.

I trust Cryptsy quite often with substantial amounts of my own cryptocurrencies.

Cryptsy is one of the few exchanges not to be robbed, hacked, or otherwise absconded with
customers funds through insider scams. Security of funds is paramount. And one of the very
reasons I so far only trust Cryptsy whom has a substantial track record defending my funds.

Cryptsy is The Exchange I trust. Period. I have yet to come to trust any other exchange so
far. Hopefully there will be others that prove trustworthy with the tried and true test of time,
and others willing to risk it all elsewhere, in the mean time. But until then My obvious choice
was, and is Cryptsy.

If only Cryptsy would offer their fee-shares directly I would also be an owner of some of
those shares. But as it stands I don't yet trust the outfit called cryptostocks.com enough,
and that's the only place to purchase and hold those fee-shares to date. Maybe Cryptsy
could fix that lone outstanding issue, and thus have many more happy fee-share owners!

There are a lot of shady crooks in these parts, but Cryptsy is NOT one of them, quite the
opposite in fact!

Take it or leave it but these are the facts. Cryptsy is number 1. And the Only Exchange I trust
so far for many prudent, sound reasons being located in the USA and fully compliment with all
laws as far as many of us can deduce.

A Warning to new comers:
==================

Do all your own due diligence before trusting anyone with your cryptocurrencies, or doing any
business with anyone involving cryptocurrencies because once you send them to anyone else
they cannot be clawed  back unless the other party agrees to return them! You have been
warned. No transactions are reversible with cryptocurrencies, for many sound reasons!

Disclaimer: I have no connection to Crypsty except as a 1 year long customer of theirs. And as
far as I know they still don't even know who I am. I defend them from time to time solely
because their worthy of my support and respect. Otherwise I would rip them a new one just like
I constantly do with the banksters and others in these parts.

Caveat emptor - let the buyer beware!

(especially the crypto-exchange customer).
Activity: 91
Cryptsy now pay for holding deposits, vircurex did the same - I'm out of this exchange, don't make Gox's mistake!
Bittrex and MintPal are now the most reliable exchanges Wink
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Wat?  What is this?!?!
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Activity: 70
i got my AUR dissapearing back in the day, they came back a day after
Activity: 434
I guess it will take some time to get our coins. I am waiting 16 h but am confident, that I will see them soon enough.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090
=== NODE IS OK! ==
Yea, leave Cryptsy - the only exchange that never ever stole anyone's coins for something that got rekt repeatedly.
Activity: 47
Over 24 hours now. Still nothing on my BTC deposit. Come on. It's BTC. Not that hard to maintain a server wallet.
Activity: 840
no, but i just deal with crypto trader and bittrex now, cant wait for prime-xi to get on crypto trade
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
Mintpal.

Haha that made me laugh, I still smell burnt vericoins, not even that GUI can save them now....
I know this stuff is fixable but, that will DEFINATELY leave a skid mark on their rep.... I haven't used em since that's for sure...

I'll admit that I do feel safer since it was taken over by Moolah. They seem very professional.

lemme guess now BTER will now be bought out by BLAhBLAH Inc. ? LOL  Roll Eyes
Activity: 826
Merit: 1001
@Bit_John
Posted on our twitter. Basically one of our bigger wallet servers had some hardware issues and we had to migrate a bunch of wallets causing some delays a majority are back online.

From our twitter feed
We are performing maintenance on one of our wallet servers, some coins from that server may not post deposits/withdrawals right away
Activity: 672
Merit: 253
Mintpal.

Haha that made me laugh, I still smell burnt vericoins, not even that GUI can save them now....
I know this stuff is fixable but, that will DEFINATELY leave a skid mark on their rep.... I haven't used em since that's for sure...

I'll admit that I do feel safer since it was taken over by Moolah. They seem very professional.

Activity: 560
Cryptsy works like sh!t but they always give u your coins back if u have any problems ... the real problem is that sometime it takes some time ....
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 7912
Cryptsy has its issues but they will not steal your coins.

Oh yes they steal your coins. In my case they switched off the trading interface not allowing you to sell your coins when the price dropped hard, resulting in 1.5 BTC loss.
re-> my sig

Well, all I can tell you is that your definition of stealing and mine are not the same.  As I said in my post, they have their issues.  When coins are dropping in value quickly it causes a great many sell and buy orders - I don't think Cryptsy is equipped to handle the crush.
Activity: 215
Merit: 102
Cryptsy has its issues but they will not steal your coins.

Oh yes they steal your coins. In my case they switched off the trading interface not allowing you to sell your coins when the price dropped hard, resulting in 1.5 BTC loss.
re-> my sig
Activity: 574
Merit: 523
Cryptsy has its issues but they will not steal your coins.   I have had several occasions where my coins took a long time to post.  Just use the support tab and give 'em hell!  Your coins will show up.

Smiley My deposit of GLX I did in May have been credited to my account in the mid of August.
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 7912
Cryptsy has its issues but they will not steal your coins.   I have had several occasions where my coins took a long time to post.  Just use the support tab and give 'em hell!  Your coins will show up.

Activity: 15
Mintpal.

Activity: 672
Merit: 501
I decided to try Cryptsy today after not having used it for over a year. First of all, my deposit did not show up and it is still missing - not showing up in my pending deposits. It has been over 20 hours now. Then freaking DRK wallet withdraw did not work. It says 'CAKE PHP FILE NOT FOUND'. Really?

https://cryptsy.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/154245
https://blockchain.info/tx/b4fc0e2001133b74159c356d286a34c6301f47a5e88930fad6253d5c54c3fe17

Never fear, I am sure they are putting your money to good use Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: