Pages:
Author

Topic: Cryptsy Secretly Banned TheGrammarHammer - page 3. (Read 4302 times)

TGH
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
October 22, 2015, 06:41:14 PM
Hello GrammarHammer,

I figured you deserve a response, so here goes.

From what I hear, you were banned from chat because you kept bringing up the same issue constantly. We had informed you of the issue and as soon as we kind of got the room back under control in chatbox, you would push the issue again. Your chat ban has been lifted and you are free to chat again.

You received the same responses from support because your issue hadn't changed.

We had an issue with the verifications tier system we implemented to comply with BSA/AML regulations  and amounts were not registering properly within the tiers.  This caused some withdrawals, unfortunately including yours,  to be hung up. We are currently working as fast as we can to resolve this issue.

We love having you at Cryptsy as you are a great addition to personalities in the chat.

I hope this resolves your issue and we can get back on happy terms.

Have a great afternoon,

Horus

Thanks for letting me know the chat ban has been lifted. Unfortunately, it seems I needed to go to these lengths in order to accomplish that end. Also, I wasn't bringing up the same issue constantly. If anything, I have brought up multiple problems and issues that are not being handled well by Cryptsy, intermixed with my usual brand of humor and entertainment. I am also not the reason your chatbox is out of control. Anyone can go there (at the time I wrote this) and see it's a constant tidal wave of people with problems. It's been that way 24/7, with or without my presence. Additionally, sending me multiple, completely useless and identical responses to the same support ticket is nothing but infuriating. I am sure everyone who receives that sort of treatment agrees with me, and from the sounds of it, a lot of people aren't even receiving responses to their support tickets. That's why the Internet is in an uproar.

I appreciate your compliments of my character, so thank you.

Here is a list of tasks (in an easy to follow format) that you and everyone else at Cryptsy should take to heart and actually follow. I don't believe Cryptsy will regain the trust of their user base until this list has been completed (at least mostly):

1. Most importantly, fix all withdrawal issues for your properly verified users. Withdrawals are horribly broken for numerous coins, including Bitcoin.

2. When Cryptsy staff bans someone, a message should ALWAYS appear, publicly telling other people that a ban happened, who was banned and for how long. This gives Cryptsy accountability for the choices it makes. An exchange, of all places, should always be accountable. Secretly banning people is completely shady. Those tactics are something that would be employed in highly-censored China or Nazi Germany or anywhere else that free speech isn't or wasn't welcomed. Secretly banning people will do nothing for Cryptsy but make a bunch of enemies. It already has, and I'm not even talking about me. The thought that others have been secretly banned (basically "disappeared" in the night) makes my stomach turn.

3. Immediately email all Cryptsy users to tell them, in dizzying detail, exactly what new policies have been put into place and why. Explain the limits. Explain each tier and exactly what will be required, time-wise, for people to reach those higher tiers. Cryptsy's staff nonchalantly telling people in a chatbox that it might take more than three months to move their money out is completely idiotic. Currently, the chatbox is the only place this three-months-plus possibility has been mentioned.

4. Consider lifting the 30-day backdating on the 30-day withdrawal limit. You can't backdate a rule no one knew existed in the first place. It's just not right. It also leads people to believe that Cryptsy is attempting to tie down people's funds for as long as possible. This issue fortunately doesn't effect me, but I imagine it effects a lot of people. It is also causing many people to cry, "GOX!"

5. PROMINENTLY display if there are any issues being experienced with withdrawals and/or any new policies that might hinder a user's moving and/or withdrawal of funds from Cryptsy. This prominent message should appear at the time a user is making deposit (and certainly before they make any deposit). People should be given a choice not to have their funds tied up, especially when Cryptsy fully knows their site is experiencing severe technical issues. When Cryptsy has run the same way for years and then suddenly makes giant changes out of nowhere, not making sure everyone fully knows about it seems criminal. The same goes for when Cryptsy knows it is experiencing problems. Not fully and prominently communicating what is happening to the public is also causing people to cry "GOX," because it seems like Cryptsy is pushing for people to get their money tied up there. Twitter is not acceptable, and the chatbox is not acceptable to accomplish this. Neither is a tiny, non-descript text link in the upper left corner of a website that just made a bunch of other confusing changes. These things need to be displayed when and where I suggested above.

6. Never bother responding to a support ticket if the response will be exactly the same as the response that came before it and does nothing to solve the actual problem. That is pointless and infuriating.

7. Fix the childish (and even more offensive) censorbot's auto changes. Start with the word "raping" not automatically being changed to the word "tickling". Tickling and raping are nothing like each other, and the mere notion they would be equated to each other is disgusting. My suggestion, aside from my true preference to not censor the box at all, is to simply replace any targeted words with !@#$. That will solve the problem. Better than censoring people, ban anyone who breaks the rules repeatedly for at least a day (as opposed to five minutes). That would clean things up in a hurry.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Activity: 406
Merit: 260
The Scamcoats are coming!
October 22, 2015, 06:10:38 PM
This is the first time I have heard someone proudly proclaim that they miss the dregs of the crypto world that hang out in that stinky asscrack of the intertoobz known as the Cryptsy chatbox. The banter there makes the average retard Youtube commenter look like a friggen genius.

Protip: Take the Cryptsy chatbox ban as a signal to move on and expand your horizons a bit.
TGH
October 22, 2015, 06:02:13 PM
Yay... \o/

LOL. I saw you advocating for me in the chatbox, and I really appreciate your support. Thank you, Terrik!

Wow, you ended up being the only "Terrik" in all of Bitcointalk. How cool is that?!! I'm glad you got your name!
Activity: 267
Merit: 250
6th BTC reached. Thank you for your support
October 22, 2015, 05:55:27 PM
Yup, I have no problem with withdrawing (BTC) also.  Got confirmation within 10 mins.

Edit: My withdrawal is less than 1 BTC, so it might depends on how much you withdrawing.
TGH
October 22, 2015, 05:54:32 PM
Made a withdrawal request yesterday, less than 5 minutes later had my funds in the wallet, like always...

Well, if it happened in five minutes, it sounds like it wasn't BTC that you are talking about. Regardless, I am happy to hear that you experienced no issues!
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031
October 22, 2015, 05:42:17 PM
Made a withdrawal request yesterday, less than 5 minutes later had my funds in the wallet, like always...
TGH
October 22, 2015, 05:37:52 PM
So are you saying they not letting anyone who got issues to chat at all ? "Wake UP" call ?    

I am also not saying they are banning "anyone who has issues." People have been allowed to state their issues in Cryptsy's chatbox. I think my voice sometimes rings louder than some other people. I wrote the OP because I didn't even realize it was possible to ban someone without a message appearing in their chatbox telling people what happened. I was also surprised to be the recipient of such a "secret ban". Honestly, had I been banned in the normal fashion, where it tells you how long the ban is and when you will be allowed back, I would never have taken to this forum to write the OP, at least not yet (and providing that the ban was for less than an hour). It was the secretive way the ban happened and the fact that it was done to me for an undetermined amount of time that caused me to come here. It was also the fact that many properly verified users have been having issues a lot longer than I have. An official, prominently-placed post on their website and support ticket replies that go well beyond a copy and pasted, boilerplate responses are very overdue to all of Cryptsy's users experiencing problems, which seem to be the majority. Additionally, ALL users of Cryptsy should be immediately emailed a full explanation, specifically explaining, in dizzying detail, the changes that have been made, now that the effects of those changes have been implemented.
TGH
October 22, 2015, 05:27:24 PM
So is it true -- have they gone full mt gox?  Or just a rumor?

I am definitely NOT saying they have gone full Mt. Gox, and I have been there long enough to have seen substantial problems come and go, but there are quite a number of fully verified people complaining that they have been unable to withdrawal in the last six weeks, more so than I have ever seen at one time before, and some with tickets that are thirty-days+ unresolved. My hope is that Cryptsy is actually suffering from extreme technical difficulties.

My hope is also that Cryptsy will improve their customer communications (beyond the chatbox) and list prominently (and directly on their website) that anyone making new deposits will likely not be able to get their money out in an expedient fashion. This warning needs to be issued to those that don't follow their chatbox incessently, which probably accounts for most of their users. Additionally, it should be prominently displayed directly on their website that anyone who has more than 10K in there will need to go through a process that sounds like it will take a minimum of three months to get verified at a high enough level to release those funds.

All of those things should be made clear and public knowledge to their users that have supported their website for so long. Additionally, all users of Cryptsy should be immediately emailed a full explanation, explaining the changes that have been made, now that the effects of those changes have been implemented. It would be very easy for a user to make a giant mistake of a deposit  that would result in that user not having access to move their funds for a MINIMUM of three months. Being that their tier policy is brand-spanking new, it is also Cryptsy's full responsibility to loudly warn their existing (and any new) user base that this could likely become a problem.

I don't move sums exceeding their limits around, but I would imagine many of you do.

Lastly, for the moment, I find that their choice to backdate the new limits imposed upon everyone by thirty days was an incredibly bad business choice on their part, and I find their motives for having done that questionable, at best. That issue did not directly effect me personally, but again, I would imagine it will effect many of you.

Activity: 56
October 22, 2015, 04:25:42 PM
Yay... \o/
Activity: 149
Merit: 100
October 22, 2015, 04:02:57 PM
Hello GrammarHammer,

I figured you deserve a response, so here goes.

From what I hear, you were banned from chat because you kept bringing up the same issue constantly. We had informed you of the issue and as soon as we kind of got the room back under control in chatbox, you would push the issue again. Your chat ban has been lifted and you are free to chat again.

You received the same responses from support because your issue hadn't changed.

We had an issue with the verifications tier system we implemented to comply with BSA/AML regulations  and amounts were not registering properly within the tiers.  This caused some withdrawals, unfortunately including yours,  to be hung up. We are currently working as fast as we can to resolve this issue.

We love having you at Cryptsy as you are a great addition to personalities in the chat.

I hope this resolves your issue and we can get back on happy terms.

Have a great afternoon,

Horus
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1205
October 22, 2015, 04:00:03 PM
I withdrawed 80% of my funds from cryptsy today, and all went smooth. But many people are compaining about withdraws these days...
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
October 22, 2015, 03:31:45 PM
 One of the Many Dramas which i saw there :- one of their Cryptsy Fanz Boys banning BigVern like they playing some sort of skit/acting just to fool newbies to think they support free speech and all about crypto's good future ! Cryptsy sure do have lots of Fan Boys similar to Garza Fan Boys !
Anyways just wait and keep poking them now-then if could in chat/via support ticket . Maybe due to all knowing you mostly at cryptsy , atleast you "maybe" will be able to get back yours funds  just to make sure news don't spread much !  
Activity: 564
Merit: 516
October 22, 2015, 03:27:40 PM
So is it true -- have they gone full mt gox?  Or just a rumor?

I dont think so but id like to withdraw. There seems to be some "bugs" that arent allowing people to withdraw even on "tier 2" well below the limits. I hope this is a bug...
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262
BTC or BUST
October 22, 2015, 03:22:49 PM
I am also quite concerned about what's going on with Cryptsy..
Subscribed..
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
October 22, 2015, 03:13:55 PM
So are you saying they not letting anyone who got issues to chat at all ? "Wake UP" call ?   
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political
October 22, 2015, 02:57:57 PM
So is it true -- have they gone full mt gox?  Or just a rumor?
TGH
October 22, 2015, 02:49:21 PM
To all that it may concern,

I have been a long-time chat friend to many people on Cryptsy, including some of their staff, and upon mentioning that I was still unable to withdrawal any of my funds, I was discreetly banned by who I am assuming to have been JShock, one of the main staff members there, for an unknown amount of time. He was the only mod on when it happened, which is why I assume him to be the one to initiate the ban. NO message stating I had been banned appeared on the chat screen when this happened, and it is now obvious that Cryptsy is trying to discreetly get rid of anyone there who bothers to speak up for their users, question their policies or point out substantial problems with their service. This is highly suspicious, and I am seriously warning anyone who still has faith in Cryptsy not to use their service until they properly explain why so many PROPERLY VERIFIED people are unable to move funds out of there.

PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD, AND POST THIS LINK TO KEEP ME ALIVE...
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12757973

My last withdrawal happened in early August, and it was for less than a BTC. Prior to that, my last withdrawal was in early June, also for less than a BTC. According to their tier system (I am in tier 1), I should be able to withdrawal a crypto equivalent limit of 2k per day up to 10k per month.

I have made no withdrawals for more than 60 days, until I tried to withdrawal 4 BTC and change thirty-six hours ago. After 12 hours of that being unsuccessful, I opened a support ticket. After 24 hours, I bothered to complain.

My main reason for starting this topic is because I found it shocking that Cryptsy would secretly ban me. I have been on there a long time, and I have always made every effort to be kind and to help people there, including their staff, as well as hopefully entertain some of you along the way. I have no way of knowing how long I have been banned from the chat, and none of you know that this happened until now. Additionally, the statement that got me banned was simply my saying that "As far as I am concerned, the tier system doesn't mean anything, because I have been unable to withdrawal any of my funds for two days." That was it. Then, I went to type again, and I received a message saying I was unable to chat. Once again, NOTHING APPEARED IN THE CHATBOX INDICATING I HAD BEEN BANNED, so it is clear Cryptsy was just trying to secretly get rid of me.

Additionally, Cryptsy staff has done nothing but respond to my support ticket by copying and pasting their boilerplate sentence saying they were experiencing "issues". They would then say (publicly in chat) that they have responded to my ticket, misleading those there to believe that my issue had been resolved when it wasn't.

I would like to state that I have done nothing wrong. I don't move giant sums of money around, I don't have multiple accounts, my password hasn't been changed recently, my account has never been hacked, and I file my taxes properly every year. There is nothing on my account that would flag me from being able to withdrawal from Cryptsy, for any reason.

As I have made many friends in the chatbox at Cryptsy, I thought we could use this as an uncensored place to communicate about what is really happening over at Cryptsy. I am unable to chat there anymore. I will miss you guys and gals, and I hope some of you might advocate on my behalf, as I have been intentionally crippled by Cryptsy to do so for myself. Thank you, and I look forward to communicating with as many of you as possible on this thread.

Here is an interesting, frequently-updated link (16 pages and rising) to other people experiencing serious problems with Cryptsy...
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/cryptsy-stopping-withdraw-locking-accounts-without-notifying-users-class-action-1173703

Here is a direct link to file a formal complaint against Cryptsy's actual company, Project Investors, INC, should these withdrawal issues drag on long enough for you to wish to do so...
http://www.bbb.org/south-east-florida/business-reviews/business-and-trade-organizations/project-investors-in-delray-beach-fl-90098747/file-a-complaint

Please feel free to use this place to say anything that is on your mind.

Love,
TheGrammarHammer
Pages:
Jump to: