Pages:
Author

Topic: Curecoin folding@home team - 2000 DGC in Bounty 7/30/13 - page 7. (Read 11518 times)

Activity: 397
Merit: 251
CureCoin Lead Dev
yea, i was thinking that since bitcoin kernel experts have perfected opencl, one of them should take a look at the opencl for folding. i bet the research networks would pay a nice amount for better opencl. i know they are working on it already. seems like bitcoiners know their cl much better though.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
One of the things I'm seeing in just some preliminary googling(that i also recall to be the case), is that AMD cards aren't the best at folding.  Some of the numbers I'm seeing people say are that the 7950 is better but not by a huge margin at it than my overclocked Core I5 that i'm using. Nvidia cards though, mop the floor with AMD cards(producing 4-5 times the PPD), it would be interesting if you could get more NVIDIA card users to do this in exchange for cryptos as their cards aren't that good at mining those.
CureCoin Lead Dev
cool the team is getting a good start now. i plan on giving out most of my ftc for a while to build up some folding points and not have miners lose out on coins.

After i burn through my coins, ill try some type of bid for folding points thread, with a google doc to track transactions. something like each post containing:

--------------
Username: Iwant2sponserU

Bounty to get X amount of folding points for Cryptocoin team

Offering X amount of coins

----------------

next post

Username: illtakethatoffer

Claiming bounty job offered by Username : Iwant2sponserU

im sure there are some coin rich people that would pay a few coins per points for a good cause. That way they can keep mining and contribute to folding without using their own miners.
Activity: 266
I'm folding now with my CPU, Phrozenspite same as here
Activity: 324
I'll join you for a bit I've been rather curious too about how we compare.
CureCoin Lead Dev
As far as an aggression setting, not really.

i tried this which looks like it could work for mining too, but had no speed increase.
http://en.fah-addict.net/articles/articles-1-3+gpu-environment-variables.php

this guy has custom ati drivers for folding, i tried one of them and it increased speed about 25% but increased power usage and heat a lot, and opencl mining would not launch with the one optimized for just folding.
http://www.darkryder.com/#pricing_modified
CureCoin Lead Dev
i am assuming it is workign as i have 2 of my 4 cards showing an ETA for completion but the otehr 2 cards still are at GPU useage 0% any way to manual set the "aggression" if you will for the folding? software says i am earning 11000+ points a day i will leave it running for the next 16 hrs or so.

yes moving at a decent pace!

Just to clarify:

That article is 2 years old. There is no such thing as the new Beta 7. V7.3.6 is the default now and is not a beta and is what you download by default if you visit http://folding.stanford.edu/

if you read the article and test what your card runs at.. you will notice that the speed increase was not included in this stable release of 7.3.6

Activity: 86
Merit: 10
i am assuming it is workign as i have 2 of my 4 cards showing an ETA for completion but the otehr 2 cards still are at GPU useage 0% any way to manual set the "aggression" if you will for the folding? software says i am earning 11000+ points a day i will leave it running for the next 16 hrs or so.
Activity: 471
Merit: 256
Just to clarify:

That article is 2 years old. There is no such thing as the new Beta 7. V7.3.6 is the default now and is not a beta and is what you download by default if you visit http://folding.stanford.edu/
CureCoin Lead Dev
thanks for the support. Yea im kinda confused about the new beta 7. I thought the speed increase would have been done with the stable release.
Activity: 86
Merit: 10
i will be pointing 2 6870's and a 5870 to the team Smiley
Activity: 471
Merit: 256
http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/42471-f-h-core-16-taking-amd-gpu-folding-next-level.html

soon 5000 6000 7000 series cards will have about 2x speed increase for folding. here is results from the beta that was tested for a short while.

A "short while ago" meaning two year ago? That article was written in 2011. I was still actively folding back then and was extremely excited about the OpenCL improvements. The new client has those improvements and more included in it since... April 2011?

Anyway, interesting idea. Moved my CPUs from altcoins to folding on your team for now. Haven't done any folding since earlier this year.
CureCoin Lead Dev
http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/42471-f-h-core-16-taking-amd-gpu-folding-next-level.html

soon 5000 6000 7000 series cards will have about 2x speed increase for folding. here is results from the beta that was tested for a short while.
CureCoin Lead Dev

Got the first WU done for the "Cyptocoin Network" folding team. Took about as long as mining 4 or 5 feathercoins . got 2224 points for the board.

This is giving me a closer idea of what reward is appropriate for points earnerd. So im putting a bonus / bounty on the first person to fold a work unit worth 2000+ points for team Cryptocoin

Bounty 25 FTC for first WU worth 2000+ points

you might have to do 2 small WUs to get 2000+ , the work is auto assigned.

Bounty 5 FTC for first 5 people to hit 2000+ points

Teams stats  can be looked up here

http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py

Post your folding name in this thread before you start folding if you use a name other than the forum name u use here.

When your project is finished please post total time and points of your WU, along with the amount /type of gpu you used, so i can further learn the
ratio of power consumption / bitcoin compared to power consumption  / folding points.

other stats like what your gpu usage and temps were comapared to mining. Also, try mining while foldind... i can fold and mine with very little speed loss on same card.
CureCoin Lead Dev
7/30/13 - New Bounties

2000 DGC to be given out to the folders on in addition to anything you get from Cryptobullion's folding site

First team member to gain 2,500,000 points - 1000 DGC PRIZE

Second team member to gain 2,500,000 points - 500 DGC PRIZE

3rd to 8th member to gain 2,500,000 points - 100 DGC PRIZE

Current points not counted, this is fresh race for anyone to join now, first to gain 2.5 m points wins.

This should be easy for some people from the folding rates Im seeing. Some miners have rigs big enough to finish this is less then a day.

More bounties added to the list
----------------
New bounty posted by dudeami
----------------
Quote from: dudeami on Today at 12:42:49 AM
Since we need some extra steam to get to that 1200 rank quick, I am putting up a bounty!

The person with the highest 24 hour total once we hit rank 1200 will get 0.15 BTC! I will be using kakaostats (http://kakaostats.com/tsum.php?t=224497) to get this information. Lets get to rank 1200 Cheesy

Just to clarify, I mean 24 hours prior to the rank 1200. So say we hit 1200 on Aug 5 at 04:00 UTC, all points from Aug 4 at 04:00 UTC to Aug 5 at 04:00 UTC will count.

---------------
New bounty - 28 primecoins  - first member to create over 1,000,000 points in a 24 hour period. This bounty takes you 1 day to get with the right amount of gpu.  24 hours = 28 primecoins
--------------

Total bounties available 2000 DGC + 0.15 BTC + 28 Primecoins

Folding pool funds at 160k GLC to be paid to folders.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Original post kept for reference
--------------------------------------------------------------
I just made a team for folding@home.

"Cryptocoin Network" team number 224497

Put the team code in your client if you want to join me in a test run to compare to other teams. There is a team called bitcoin killers i seen, and another called bitcoin. They didnt have too many points compared to some others, so i thought it would be interesting to see how quick bitcoin miners would rise in rank.

Starting time 5/1/2013 11:25 pm EST

A lot of you are busy with the China coin at low difficulty.... the CHNCoin thread is 50+ pages deep already lol. I gave it a try and got a ton of orphans and not a single block.

When your done with the CHNCoin mining take a break and use one or two cards to do a folding project. if you havent tried it yet, the interface is very nice. You can select any GPU easily and use it for folding with the ability to pause /save your progress.  You can even use the animation of the molecule as an interesting screensaver.

With multiple gpus you can point one gpu to folding and the other to mining with no loss in performance.

I plan on giving out a few FTC when i see your names pop up in the list!
Pages:
Jump to: