Pages:
Author

Topic: CureCoin Progress Update--Launch Approaching! - page 3. (Read 6619 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500
I find it funny anyone actually believes this coin is still coming...it's been "coming soon" for MONTHS at this point...
Activity: 356
Merit: 250
Looking forward to switching my gpu over to curecoin from litecoin as soon as possible Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001
Great news, I'm looking forward for wallet and CPU mining possibility.
legendary
Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029
"1 BTC for 10,000 CUR" still open?

Mind posting some more info? Smiley

total amount of coins
block reward
etc

Unfortunately that fundraiser isn't currently open. Sad

I don't think there's an exact number for the total amount of coins that will be generated due to PoS.

Great, looking forward to the launch!  It's refreshing for there to be a coin that does something new and useful.  Not everyone knows what Curecoin does though or what Folding at Home is, it's probably worth explaining in the OP! (and remember to explain its benefits at the launch!) Smiley 

Thanks! I'll add something to OP, that's a good point!
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
Great, looking forward to the launch!  It's refreshing for there to be a coin that does something new and useful.  Not everyone knows what Curecoin does though or what Folding at Home is, it's probably worth explaining in the OP! (and remember to explain its benefits at the launch!) Smiley 

Activity: 392
Merit: 251

total amount of coins
block reward
etc

+1 reserved if it is still open. Please, post btc address. Thanks
Activity: 1218
Merit: 683
Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big
BUMP, this is great news!
Activity: 103
Merit: 10
LE HAPPY MERCHANT

total amount of coins
block reward
etc
legendary
Glad to hear curecoin alive and well, pardon the pun.

I've been enthusiastic for its launch since december, and since then I've accumulated a bunch of SHA haspower to throw at this as soon as it's ready.

Awesome, thank you!
Activity: 112
Be kind man, don't be mankind
Glad to hear curecoin alive and well, pardon the pun.

I've been enthusiastic for its launch since december, and since then I've accumulated a bunch of SHA haspower to throw at this as soon as it's ready.
Activity: 70
WOW

Thats good news!!!!!
legendary
Hey everyone! CureCoin's moving along and we are expecting to launch within the coming two or three weeks!

Edit: A bit of clarification, CureCoin's goal is to reward miners for directing their OpenCL- and CUDA-capable (AMD and NVidia) as well as CPU computing power towards protein folding (Folding@Home) to help cure cancer. The coin will be rewarded out to folders on a proportional Points-Per-Day basis.

Unfortunately cygnusxi had an IRL mini-crisis unrelated to the project so he wasn't able to write this update which he was planning to release today, but here's a summary of our current progress:
>No longer using any 3rd-party stats for anything
>F@H Pool redundancy (if main payout pool goes down, secondary one will continue payouts as scheduled)
>Lightweight F@H client (optional) is easy to use, and can quickly halt/pause/resume folding, also estimates PPD
>Foundation moving along nicely
>Future plans for safe holding of Folding Payout coins by F@H staff
>Reduced Dev Fund premine to align with community's beliefs
>Higher percentage of coins paid out to folders than miners, though mining will still be worthwhile

We should be able to launch a stable, tested client in the next two or three weeks! At launch time we will have Windows binaries, full source code available, folding pool, backup folding payout system, 8 addnodes on servers with 100Mbps or 1Gbps connections separated geographically, at least one mining pool (likely two or three), and a block explorer. Additionally, a standalone, simplified client will be available for download which makes starting/stopping/setting up folding much easier.

From there, we can focus on helping people get folding set up, getting the coin onto exchanges, and working with Stanford to further integrate into their system.

All donations which were 1 BTC for 10,000 CUR are still valid and will be paid out approximately one week after the launch of the coin. If, for whatever reason, you want to withdraw your donation, please let me know, as there are others interested in buying your slot, and we can facilitate donation-credit transfers.

$5000 of donation money has been donated to help F@H with server infrastructure.

Let me know if you have any questions! Thanks for your support! Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: