Pages:
Author

Topic: Curecoin to beat Litecoin! - page 2. (Read 3878 times)

Activity: 770
Merit: 500
May 23, 2014, 09:14:22 PM
"Curecoin to beat Litecoin!"

let's get serious here , this crap will never overtake Litecoin.

Do you have a particular reason for this?

Litecoin has been around much longer and is seen by the community as being Bitcoin's silver. It's much more than just a coin, and what it contributes or doesn't is irrelevant. It's going to be tough to kick it off the pedestal people have put it on.

I disagree. I think coins that don't contribute anything will eventually die out. I think when it no longer contributes anything it will die out (such as scrypt not working anymore). Still it will require effort.

Darkcoin's anonymity features can be built on top of Litecoin. Darkcoin is horribly launched and premined trash.
Activity: 407
Merit: 254
May 23, 2014, 08:35:56 PM
China seemed more enthusiastic about litecoin than the west. There seemed to be more litecoin infrastructure there.

I think it's slow reduction in crypto's has hurt litecoin proportionally more than bitcoin.
Also, it's going to be interesting to see what happens to litecoin when the block reward halves, sometime in October.
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1007
May 23, 2014, 06:58:09 PM

Litecoin has been around much longer and is seen by the community as being Bitcoin's silver. It's much more than just a coin, and what it contributes or doesn't is irrelevant. It's going to be tough to kick it off the pedestal people have put it on.

I disagree. I think coins that don't contribute anything will eventually die out. I think when it no longer contributes anything it will die out (such as scrypt not working anymore). Still it will require effort.

So by that logic you also feel that Bitcoin is going to die off now, right? I just can't fathom that, being that there are hundreds of millions of dollars invested already and many other big-name people are coming on board. If either of those died, I would be pretty amazed.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
May 23, 2014, 12:18:06 PM
Is there really any direct statistical correlation between a pre-mine and the success of a coin ?

I believe bitcoin was extensively pre-mined, & people here are saying litecoin was majorly premined.

a lot of junk/scam currency use the pre-mine as one of their strategies, but it seems a premine, in spite of it's dangers, is not in & of itself the kiss of death.

The pre-mine doesn't affect it because it depends what percent and what it was used for. A lot of junk coins use it but good coins that have it (such as Litecoin) use it for something useful to further the services that accept the coin ect. which is why it isn't the kiss of death.
Activity: 407
Merit: 254
May 23, 2014, 12:02:22 PM
Is there really any direct statistical correlation between a pre-mine and the success of a coin ?

I believe bitcoin was extensively pre-mined, & people here are saying litecoin was majorly premined.

a lot of junk/scam currency use the pre-mine as one of their strategies, but it seems a premine, in spite of it's dangers, is not in & of itself the kiss of death.
May 23, 2014, 10:51:46 AM

May 23, 2014, 10:50:26 AM
darkcoin has a better chance to do so, litecoin is beatable, seeing how it doesn't offer anything new anymore, because no difference between scrypt and sha256 now

yes a horribly launched premined coin will overtake Litecoin.

funny thing is that litecoin was instamine even worse lmao

And the premine was for the folding and no one has access - if the developers tried to take any you could sue them in the US.

And as was already said - litecoin launch was worse.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
May 23, 2014, 03:32:40 AM
darkcoin has a better chance to do so, litecoin is beatable, seeing how it doesn't offer anything new anymore, because no difference between scrypt and sha256 now

funny thing is that litecoin was instamine even worse lmao
May 23, 2014, 03:29:16 AM

Activity: 24
Merit: 0
May 23, 2014, 02:32:24 AM

But dark did it. However cure is not dark, so...  Cheesy
Anyway thanks author for his effort  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1007
May 23, 2014, 01:19:44 AM

May 23, 2014, 01:16:12 AM
What do you guys think about Nxt?
May 22, 2014, 11:03:23 AM

Darkcoin got a head start and it does have some advantages so I think it will get their and I like the anonymity of it but I've been hearing some not to good things recently. I'll just hold my current stake.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
May 22, 2014, 03:41:00 AM
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
May 22, 2014, 03:35:10 AM
Dream on...
Lite coin is here to stay and about CureCoin I am not sure
I'd say dream on that LTC is here to stay...ASICS are starting to drive the price down it was just boom cuz it was new algo and "second" altcoin.
Activity: 756
May 22, 2014, 03:28:29 AM
Dream on...

Honestly not too sure about LTC anymore. Yes I am a bag holder of LTC.

It doesn't really have any benefit over BTC at this point except for speed and there are alternatives which do a better job but yes it's been around a long time.

I would like to think that Curecoin will be appreciated for what it is (a coin that actually benefits us all), will have a following, and that it could be a top 5 coin.

My Top 5 would be (not in order), BTC, Curecoin, NXT, eMunie, DRK. Perhaps maidsafecoin if they actually follow through with their project.
Activity: 322
May 22, 2014, 02:13:15 AM
Dream on...
May 22, 2014, 01:20:08 AM

Activity: 15
Merit: 0
May 22, 2014, 12:26:05 AM
Curecoin only a few development work, but through the way of integration to achieve the cure mode.
May 21, 2014, 11:39:12 PM
There is a similar coin on the Ripple network, by the way: http://www.researchsupportcoin.org

Cough your username cough cough. Please don't spam your coin in other coin's threads. But neat idea I am a fan of WCG.
Pages:
Jump to: