Pages:
Author

Topic: Curious - page 2. (Read 1474 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
I can draw your avatar!
March 29, 2015, 12:27:16 PM
Running a full node would be the best option, trying to mine is not going to be worth it, wasting time and energy and never contributing to the blockchain.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
March 29, 2015, 12:19:59 PM
no, don't use it for that, instead you use it for a bitcoin node to help the network, and you can turn it also into something like a "personal bank", don't surf the web and don't download anything, just run the client

it should turn in a pretty safe wallet
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 4193
March 29, 2015, 12:07:11 PM
You can attach an ASIC to it and make some profits. However, it would consume some energy. You are better off purchasing a raspberry pi since it only uses about 5-6 watts and does the job just fine.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
March 29, 2015, 12:03:09 PM
I have a dell laptop and it has 8 Gb of ram and 1.80ghz processor DDR3 good graphics card and all that , I was wondering if it is possible to run a Mining rig on it , im getting some bitcoin miners from amazon soon so inform me as best as you can, thanks Smiley

First mining with laptop is not recommend.  It is not made for the intensity and 24x7 use.  It will shorten the life of most laptops.

Second I am sad to say GPU/CPU mining is pretty much done.  If you look at electricity use vs what you make most of the time you will lose money.

It is good you are looking at miners.  I suggest getting a asic if you want to mine BTC.   Keep in mine chances are you can get it cheaper from manufacture or ebay then amazon (most of time not all).
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
March 29, 2015, 12:01:21 PM
Mining is now the reserve of huge industrial operations with millions invested in hardware, property and backing. The last time anyone could do anything with a laptop was 2009/ 2010. Graphics cards lasted until 2011/12. Even dedicated bitcoin miners will be dwarfed if operated solo these days.

There might well be bitcoin alternatives that you could mine. You could exchange them for bitcoin at an exchange. I'm not sure which alt coins there are that fit the bill but some quick googling should suffice.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
March 29, 2015, 11:51:38 AM
I have a dell laptop and it has 8 Gb of ram and 1.80ghz processor DDR3 good graphics card and all that , I was wondering if it is possible to run a Mining rig on it , im getting some bitcoin miners from amazon soon so inform me as best as you can, thanks Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: