Pages:
Author

Topic: Currently 1,610 coins/tokens...how are you finding good coins? - page 2. (Read 187 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 122
@Poink

Yeah, it was a lot of work to do due diligence for every promising project last year, but now it's just impossible. Unless you have a group of people doing the research with you, I think right now it's better to focus on most hyped projects for quick flip and pick some solid coins you belive the most for long term hold. I have learned that for those crazy ROI ICOs fundamentals doesn't metter, it's pure hype.

I agree.  I used to play the market and flip now and then (when I am more enthusiastic and have more energy) but now I am going with long term hold (years).  I will monitor the market but if all goes well, the trading should be minimal.

I was also over diversified and started consolidating my coins from 38 to 16 now...may end up around 12-14 soon.

I rarely "hunt" for new coins nowadays...I let them show up instead (near or in top 100 with decent community support).  I may miss the max gain but it seems safer this way. Smiley
Project, idea and collaboration or partnership to help the adoption of the platform. News, market support and exchange site is the result of the development progress of the project itself. Remember not all of the exchange sites are applied "Paid to listed". The majority of major exchange sites are using the community as the important value before it will be listed anycoin.

To your point, I maintain that exchange listing is one of many gauges to foresee how well a coin will perform.

The list I presented may intersect each other and that is fine, they are not exclusive of each other. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1029
With 1,610 coins & tokens (and rising), how are you finding good or promising new coins?

I used to spend countless hours researching each coin and focusing on a few but it became unsustainable with new coins sprouting as fast as they do.  I used to focus on the;
1. Project/idea
2. Team (dev, marketing, owner/supporter)
3. Favorable news/reviews
4. Market support
5. Exchanges it is listed on
6. Collaborations

Some coin/token creators have been very "creative" as well and focused on deceiving investors...basically selling something they don't have (not even an idea).  With them is the birth of new "weak handed" investors which creates an even more volatile crypto market.  For those who are in crpto for the long haul, these are just annoyances and even welcome for creating buy opportunities but I believe it is not good for crypto image specially during it's infancy.

I was over diversified and used to hold 35-40 coins, after consolidating, it is now down to 21.  It will fluctuate (up or down) depending on me finding good new coins.  My target is now is about half my old portfolio... 15-20 coins.
Project, idea and collaboration or partnership to help the adoption of the platform. News, market support and exchange site is the result of the development progress of the project itself. Remember not all of the exchange sites are applied "Paid to listed". The majority of major exchange sites are using the community as the important value before it will be listed anycoin.
Buy NEO, Waves, Grft, Qtum, Bloom  Wink

Thanks but I want to know how you are choosing them or keeping track of new projects...not which you have.  I already have my choices for now.

BTW, I do hold NEO and QTUM from your recommended list.
sud
Activity: 826
Merit: 301
@Poink

Yeah, it was a lot of work to do due diligence for every promising project last year, but now it's just impossible. Unless you have a group of people doing the research with you, I think right now it's better to focus on most hyped projects for quick flip and pick some solid coins you belive the most for long term hold. I have learned that for those crazy ROI ICOs fundamentals doesn't metter, it's pure hype.
Activity: 640
Merit: 103
Buy NEO, Waves, Grft, Qtum, Bloom  Wink
With 1,610 coins & tokens (and rising), how are you finding good or promising new coins?

I used to spend countless hours researching each coin and focusing on a few but it became unsustainable with new coins sprouting as fast as they do.  I used to focus on the;
1. Project/idea
2. Team (dev, marketing, owner/supporter)
3. Favorable news/reviews
4. Market support
5. Exchanges it is listed on
6. Collaborations

EDIT in:  I rarely "hunt" for new coins nowadays...I let them show up instead (near or in top 100 with decent community support).  I may miss the max gain but it seems safer this way. Smiley

Some coin/token creators have been very "creative" as well and focused on deceiving investors...basically selling something they don't have (not even an idea).  With them is the birth of new "weak handed" investors which creates an even more volatile crypto market.  For those who are in crpto for the long haul, these are just annoyances and even welcome for creating buy opportunities but I believe it is not good for crypto image specially during it's infancy.

I was over diversified and used to hold 35-40 coins, after consolidating, it is now down to 21.  It will fluctuate (up or down) depending on me finding good new coins.  My target is now is about half my old portfolio... 15-20 coins.

Pages:
Jump to: