Pages:
Author

Topic: Currently dealing with the worst day of my life in crypto - page 3. (Read 458 times)

Activity: 2254
Merit: 658
Revolutionized copy gaming platform
Note: Admins or mods feel free to move this topic in an appropriate section if possible, because I am not sure which section can I post this.

As the title says, yes I am dealing with the worst day of my crypto life. My 3 Metamask wallets have been hacked (maybe because of that fake PDF file I have clicked in which I didn't double or triple check it which is my bad). A total of more than $12k in 3 wallets combined that was drained. This is the very first time that I got hacked on crypto, after a few years. And I certainly believe that the one who reached me out on Telegram was a fake dev (in which I am so blind in checking his real and actual Telegram account) because we were "suppose" to be "collaborating" for a video review that needs me to "sign" the document. But in the end, yes it's a ZIP file that needs to be opened but with docs, images and that "fake-looking" PDF file in which I lately found that it is a "SCREEN SAVER" file).

And yes I fell for it.  

I didn't provide seed phrases online and did some revoking too on all wallets. But these hackers are now very intelligent and always found a backdoor despite that I did my very best to avoid getting hacked.

I should have put all of them in my Ledger before this happened, so my complacency gives me the karma that I deserve. It's very hard for me to move on right now. I only have a little savings left after everything I've worked and sacrificed all these years since the pandemic and now going back to square one, but for now I'll just have to deal with this and keep moving forward despite the difficulties and emotional pain that I am in right now. It's very hard to earn $12k for a guy like me living in a 3rd world country.

So the lesson that I have learned right now is to always triple check the files that I have downloaded and not going to be blind on who I am doing a convo with.  
Pages:
Jump to: