Pages:
Author

Topic: Customers in switzerland can now send their cryptocurrency to their banks - page 4. (Read 484 times)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0
Isnt it ironic how banks are adopting crypto, yet one of the main reasons in for the rise of crypto was decentralization  Cheesy
Activity: 742
Merit: 253
I don't like banks if they interfere in cryptocurrency issues, they will only seek profits in any form, it is clear that Bitcoin is designed for P2P systems so that it aims to secure all money with yourself without bank intervention to provide interest at any time, it is very difficult, the government often wants to connect banks to better manage the financial system in cryptocurrency.
Activity: 532
Merit: 250
I think cryptocurrency does not need a bank you can store them in your own bank, that's much more secure and you are not vulnerable if you are smart enough.
Activity: 182
Cryptocurrency is growing rapidly in European countries. Hopefully in the future cryptocurrency will also flourish in Asian countries...
Activity: 1036
Merit: 279
Are there any particular recent news from Switzerland you are thinking about?

People should stop being surprised about the Swiss's attitude towards crypto. Being "neutral" especially when it comes to money is how they managed to get a good chunk of their income. If it's money, their bank would take it, even it's NAZI loots.

Rather than fight the trend, they're figuring out ways to keep on top of it.

Double-edged sword. On one hand, banks will be (and are being) forced by the market to adopt cryptocurrency -- a clear response to heightening adoption.

On the other hand, this totally defeats the purpose of Bitcoin. I wonder how many people will eventually get screwed over by trusting banks to hold onto their peer-to-peer currency! Roll Eyes

Yeah, maybe still keep bitcoins in wallets that would never be used with the traditional banking system so the address can't be linked back to you. The "anonymity" is one of the main reasons people used it in the first place
Activity: 574
Merit: 296
Bitcoin isn't a bubble. It's the pin!
Double-edged sword. On one hand, banks will be (and are being) forced by the market to adopt cryptocurrency -- a clear response to heightening adoption.

On the other hand, this totally defeats the purpose of Bitcoin. I wonder how many people will eventually get screwed over by trusting banks to hold onto their peer-to-peer currency! Roll Eyes

Totally agree, however, as much as I hate to say this, one thing I do think is that trusted escrows are needed for crypto adoption. It can be too dangerous/complicated for the everyday joe to properly store and secure their own Bitcoin, even more so if they are technically illiterate. So they could lose their entire retirement fund in one fell swoop, which can be a problem. What I like though, is that using a trusted third party is totally optional. Bitcoin empowers the users so if they don't want to trust someone with their coins, they don't have to! As long as they know how to properly store their coins, they will be ok.

Either way, I think this is huge news! More and more banks will be adopting crypto in this way IMO, and this is wayyyy better than having a bank create their own centralized cryptocurrency.
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1308
My thinking is that these are private banks offering solutions to their existing customers requests.
Wealthy customers who can afford to use a private bank rather than a mainstream one.
Wealthy customers who hold Bitcoin as part of their portfolio.
Activity: 30
this is the good news for Switzerland peoples now they can deposit cryptocurrency in the banks i think banks and financial institution are accepting cryptocurrency as like other fiat currency. i hope soon peoples can buy and sell bitcoin and other cryptocurrency directly from banks and no need any third party exchange and wallets.
Activity: 392
Merit: 10

I agree with you, whole idea of cryptocurrency is to be decentralized and have no single governing organization. Satoshi wrote “The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks” — Bitcoin Genesis Block, so he believe bitcoin will force out banks some day. But until we see that day this is good for the growth of crypto in mid term
Activity: 126
in Switzerland, the banking business is very developed, it is not surprising that they decided on such a step, we hope that this will turn out to be a positive moment for the crypto currency
copper member
Activity: 196
This is very good news for people from switzerland. Hopefully, the banks in my home country will soon be ready to offer the same service. But what i ask myself are the crypto deposits somehow secured, if it comes to a hack or something?
Activity: 26
It is always better to provide links with such news . If I am not mistaken with fast google search , falcon bank is an old news back in 2017 . But Maerki Baumann private bank is new one .

some links
https://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/business/game-changer-_swiss-private-bank-accepts-bitcoin/43328354 ( Falcon back in july 2017 )   
https://snbchf.com/2017/07/swiss-bank-accepts-bitcoin/ (Falcon in july 2017 )
https://toshitimes.com/second-major-swiss-bank-begins-accepting-crypto-deposits/

This is the link. Its new https://www.livebitcoinnews.com/cryptocurrency-users-can-now-send-assets-to-two-swiss-private-banks/
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196
STOP SNITCHIN'

Activity: 840
Merit: 266
It is always better to provide links with such news . If I am not mistaken with fast google search , falcon bank is an old news back in 2017 . But Maerki Baumann private bank is new one .

some links
https://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/business/game-changer-_swiss-private-bank-accepts-bitcoin/43328354 ( Falcon back in july 2017 )   
https://snbchf.com/2017/07/swiss-bank-accepts-bitcoin/ (Falcon in july 2017 )
https://toshitimes.com/second-major-swiss-bank-begins-accepting-crypto-deposits/

Activity: 26
Banks and other financial institutions pay very close attention to cryptocurrency, yet the vast majority of them are reluctant to take the plunge. A few of Switzerland’s top private banking institutions, however, are eager to facilitate cryptocurrency transactions.
Two of the banks are;

Falcon Private BankBanks e a Change
 Maerki Baumann private bank

Customers  can now send their digital asset to the bank.

What's the implication?
Pages:
Jump to: