Pages:
Author

Topic: Cyber Crimes and Crypto - page 4. (Read 649 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 63
$CYBERCASH METAVERSE
August 13, 2019, 12:05:57 PM
Cyber Criminals Netted $4.3B From Crypto-Related Crime in 2019

All these Criminal Acts is giving Crypto a bad name , i think there should be more measures and controls to be put in place in other to curb such occurence.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/cyber-criminals-netted-43b-from-crypto-related-crime-in-2019-study
It is really shocking news but true and almost we have nothing to do in this decentralized ecosystem. Crypto currency is almost decentralized and it is known to all
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1069
August 13, 2019, 11:45:10 AM
It's not that there were no cyber crimes before the introduction of crypto. But surely it's been easy to move money around with crypto.
There are still many factors involved in cyber crime and money is the ultimate bargain for the criminals. To safeguard ownself from such crimes, we need to be cautious and use preventive measures to insure security of our hardware and software and use latest technology to block any penetrations.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 568
Payment Gateway Allows Recurring Payments
August 13, 2019, 11:32:55 AM
Cyber crimes as related to crypto crimes only. These articles and studies are bias although I know that there's fact in it. However, they are bias in a way that they are describing these crimes related to crypto but how many crimes are occurring daily with credit card frauds? those cyber crimes that are stealing bankers fiat money. These criminals, hackers, scammers will remain to exist, they all came from the traditional financial crimes and now they've just upgraded themselves.
Activity: 78
Merit: 1
August 13, 2019, 11:23:05 AM
"Prevention is better than cure" that phrase really means something within this topic. I agree with VanDeinsberg12 that the people should be more educated so such cases will be lessen or in the future be gone.
Activity: 1778
Merit: 764
www.V.systems
August 13, 2019, 11:17:24 AM

All these Criminal Acts is giving Crypto a bad name , i think there should be more measures and controls to be put in place in other to curb such occurence.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/cyber-criminals-netted-43b-from-crypto-related-crime-in-2019-study

yeah the moment you try to create more control in this space, it would result in more centralization and government involvement. The fact that governments are shitty and corrupt is the exact reason why crypto exists in the first place.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 507
August 13, 2019, 11:13:55 AM
Crypto used the decentralized system and that is difficult to control it consider anything in the decentralized system will be permanent.
Self regulation doesn't work when it comes to the decentralized ecosystem.
The criminals will not be stopped until all of crypto users will be fully educated about that. It's impossible to control crypto but it's possible to make users will be more educated.
Activity: 111
Merit: 1
August 13, 2019, 10:52:36 AM

Pages:
Jump to: