Pages:
Author

Topic: Daily Transaction Volume is Nearing Record - What gives? - page 2. (Read 2449 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

How much is REAL transactions though ie BTC replacing Fiat and buying actual real-world goods and services (ie not gambling, BTC securities, ASICs or SilkRoad)?

Where are the stats on that, or does no-one actually want to see whether there's any real BTC economy out there........!

Pretty sure there's plenty of people wanting to see stats on that, but other than BTC-based companies releasing their revenue numbers there's no way to find out. With BTC address not tied to any specific company or person it's impossible to distinguish securities transactions from a real-world purchase from a key-rotation.
Activity: 298
Merit: 250

How much is REAL transactions though ie BTC replacing Fiat and buying actual real-world goods and services (ie not gambling, BTC securities, ASICs or SilkRoad)?

Where are the stats on that, or does no-one actually want to see whether there's any real BTC economy out there........!
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Changing avatars is currently not possible.
Gambling sites make up the bulk of transactions, far more than any exchange. Maybe today's a popular day to blow your money.

Could be.  Sports gambling with Bitcoin appears to be growing rapidly lately.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
Could be people doing key rotation with the recent android fix.

+1
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
It's a great sign whatever the reason! Increased demand is going to improve our Bitcoin Economy!
Activity: 42
I wondered the same thing, and it probably is key rotation. Okay, now transaction volume is the 2nd highest day on record. If it is the Android fix, then it will probably go down tomorrow. We will see. 

Theron H.
LifeOnBitcoin.com
Activity: 868
Merit: 1002
Could be people doing key rotation with the recent android fix.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Gambling sites make up the bulk of transactions, far more than any exchange. Maybe today's a popular day to blow your money.
Activity: 42
So I was cruising around over at Blockchain.info, and I see that the daily transaction volume is at 68586 which puts today 8-16-13 in the top 5 or 6 days in the history of bitcoin for transaction volume. It is approaching the same levels as in April and mid-May. However, when I correlate this data with three of the top ranked exchanges: Mt Gox, Bitstamp and BTC-E, I see that they all have tepid or even low volume in the last 24 hours. What is happening? Are grassroots payments by BTC spreading like crazy, or is it the automatic updates to overcome the Android security flaw?

The volume has been rising significantly for about two weeks.

Thoughts?

Theron H.
LifeOnBitcoin.com
Pages:
Jump to: