Pages:
Author

Topic: Danger that awaits few coins - page 6. (Read 735 times)

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505
January 06, 2020, 05:50:31 AM
Basically you can call that POS reward just like a dividend to the hodlers and that makes we can call POS coins like security as it's also sharing the dividend to the holders. But i agreed with you in this case as POS has nothing to do with utility purpose of the coin. Not so many developers understand it very well about what means of utility.
When you build a platform but your coin is not needed a part of the operation in your platform and that will be a garbage coin in the future.

I guess you have a good criticism for POS coin.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 282
tBTC - https://dapp.tbtc.network/
January 06, 2020, 04:22:57 AM
Every project has a different goal and industry, you can not expect all of them to make it as a global payment system. Let's say a pharmaceutical token based project, the project is limited only to buy the medicine and in this area. Does that mean, this token is bad? no, because this is what they are aiming for.
Proof of Stake is a consensus, the use case depends on the project itself. Why people love it?
It is because it is cost effective compared to POW in running the blockchain, you can get a passive income from holding it, the majority POS project are faster in term of transaction speed compared to POW.
Activity: 574
Merit: 18
Making Smart Money Work
January 06, 2020, 03:43:20 AM
I'm here to clear few facts about some crypto coins, i will start with exchange tokens, people are getting things mixed up when it comes to real use case, many thinks once a coin has a real use case it's a must buy well this is for you, let me start with binance, i love the exchange simply because of the seriousness of the team and CEO himself i believe that's why they made it this far but im not 100% sure about bnb token because it's use case ends on the binance exchange, outside the platform it's nada,  i belief any good real use case should be for the public but bnb token is limited in this area, everything about bnb ends on it's exchange.

My second point is pointing towards Proof of Stake coins, we all love earning with no big hassle like POW coins but at the same time have you ever think that apart from the POS ability what is the use case of the token or coin itself? Many keep making this mistake that once a coin has staking ability it's the best, this is why many POS coins loses value while you are holding them to get your reward annually.

I believe that POS ability is just a +, assuming the use case of a coin is for means of payments either with many merchants or so and the coin still has staking ability makes more sense than a coin with just staking ability alone, please be wise with the ways you define your real use cases
Pages:
Jump to: