Pages:
Author

Topic: dApps with 0% fee - scams or real? - page 2. (Read 241 times)

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149
https://bitcoincleanup.com/
September 30, 2019, 12:15:46 PM
How do you react when you come across a project saying that it is not charging any fee, e.g. a swap or a DEX which does not collect any fees. Do you take it as an advantage or it does not look serious enough to you?

First thing to do normally is to ask why they are not charging any fee. I'm pretty sure they have a support system in place for curious people like you and me. Ask more if you are still in doubt if they can actually sustain a fee-less platform. If you can't immediately get a response from support, then there's the website to read more about their business (whitepaper for example).
Activity: 821
Merit: 100
Volare.network
September 30, 2019, 11:56:57 AM
How do you react when you come across a project saying that it is not charging any fee, e.g. a swap or a DEX which does not collect any fees. Do you take it as an advantage or it does not look serious enough to you?

In EOS Dapps this app is always there. EOS transactions only use CPU and RAM for the first transaction. Subsequent transactions do not charge any fees.

yes you're right, but still I'm not 100% free. we have to pay even if it's just once.
and I don't think there will be a really big platform, you know how they can work if it's not profitable?. but if there is a platform like that, I want to try it someday.
Activity: 140
Merit: 2
September 30, 2019, 10:57:56 AM
If there are absolutly no other ways of monetasation - scam
Activity: 1134
Merit: 342
September 30, 2019, 10:33:44 AM

In EOS Dapps this app is always there. EOS transactions only use CPU and RAM for the first transaction. Subsequent transactions do not charge any fees.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 101
HELENA
September 30, 2019, 10:32:41 AM
if that's possible, why not?
Is not a lot of people who want this, cheap and fast costs are things that everyone wants. if there is a platform that can offer both of these things it will definitely be extraordinary.
copper member
Activity: 280
Merit: 1
CINEMADROM ⥋ BLOCKCHAIN FILM PLATFORM
September 30, 2019, 10:13:13 AM
It is impossible to keep project functioning without taking a fee. Even the simplest decentralised exchange Forkdelta has launched a funding method, because the operational costs are above 1k USD per month, so it is very unrealistic.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 263
September 30, 2019, 09:40:59 AM
It depends on the situation if they are charging for 0% fee on their DEX for the first month or for a certain length of time. I will take it as an advantage, usually, they are using it as a form of promotional. I have seen a few DEX doing this before, so it is not surprising to me. But if they are aiming to be 0% DEX, I will just take it as bullshit.
unless they have a way to get revenue to maintain their DEX without using DEX fee as their base which is absolutely unreasonable for them to do that.
Activity: 243
September 30, 2019, 09:37:33 AM
What if there is a short promo period at the beginning without fee and then the project introduces some. Or better settle the rules from the beginning?
Activity: 490
Merit: 10
September 30, 2019, 09:32:22 AM
Few projects claim to have this implemented in their project and i haven't invest a penny on any of them but i am just curious about how they will manage to stay alive when there is nothing they are generating income from, many projects are dead because of funds issue
Activity: 243
September 30, 2019, 09:06:29 AM
Pages:
Jump to: