Pages:
Author

Topic: Darkcoin airdrop (cancelled) - page 3. (Read 4717 times)

legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
April 07, 2014, 02:03:53 AM
DONT do it - Bitcoin had the same problems in the beginning. Once the coin starts to be utilised for DarkSend and to purchase goods - the distribution will even itself out over time as liquidity increases.

The idiots who keep spreading the instamine FUD do the same thing with every coin....

Get DarkSend out of beta and open sourced - get the professional marketing of the coin finalised and this will be a thing of the past.
jfm
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
April 07, 2014, 02:03:40 AM
I can't believe this is even suggested. Increasing the supply even more would depress the price. As someone with 5 figures, I'm certainly against it. Perhaps this is why the exchange rates took a hit, especially on Cryptsy... Going to agree with Simcom here and if by chance this moves forward, I'm out. I want nothing to due with this coin because the dynamics have changed. The instamine sucks, but it's part of what it is. Makes absolutely no sense to essentially double supply again for a purpose that this clearly won't address.

Have to agree on this, all this will do is crash the price.   Many people holding Dark will lose money and abandon the coin and call it a scam, and we'll be right back to that.

+1
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
April 07, 2014, 01:57:42 AM
BAD IDEA, filling the market with 2million new coins will create lots of supply and no demand! expect a massive price drop like aurora coin.

if the airdrop happens anybody with a brain will sell all their DRK before the airdrop
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000
April 07, 2014, 01:48:06 AM
Oh...

I did'nt understood..

I was thinking of somehting like redistribution of a part of the first coins.. Not a lot of new genrated coins that will diluate the value....
Activity: 203
Merit: 100
April 07, 2014, 01:45:33 AM
I can't believe this is even suggested. Increasing the supply even more would depress the price. As someone with 5 figures, I'm certainly against it. Perhaps this is why the exchange rates took a hit, especially on Cryptsy... Going to agree with Simcom here and if by chance this moves forward, I'm out. I want nothing to due with this coin because the dynamics have changed. The instamine sucks, but it's part of what it is. Makes absolutely no sense to essentially double supply again for a purpose that this clearly won't address.

Have to agree on this, all this will do is crash the price.   Many people holding Dark will lose money and abandon the coin and call it a scam, and we'll be right back to that.
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
April 07, 2014, 01:38:21 AM
This is just not a good suggestion. Whatsoever.
Airdrop might as well be a curse word within the cryptocommunity by this point.

You're looking at a very easy way to kill the reputability of this coin off.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!
April 07, 2014, 01:28:18 AM
Not everyone knows about "The first 24 hours."
Briefly, what happened?

Here's the background: https://www.darkcointalk.org/threads/the-birth-of-darkcoin.162/

And a visualisation of the mining distribution imbalance: http://i.imgur.com/XmnW0wc.png

Thank you...Looks like a "typical", exciting first day.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018
April 07, 2014, 01:25:12 AM
I can't believe this is even suggested. Increasing the supply even more would depress the price. As someone with 5 figures that I purchased over the past couple weeks, I'm certainly against it. Perhaps this is why the exchange rates took a hit, especially on Cryptsy... Going to agree with Simcom here and if by chance this moves forward, I'm out. I would want nothing to due with this coin because the dynamics have changed. The instamine sucks, but it's part of what it is. I invested in this coin because of the future of privacy/anonymity and found out afterward about the instamine but it still made the coin attractive even with that. Makes absolutely no sense to essentially double supply again for a purpose that this clearly won't address. If you think you are going to increase marketcap, think again. You'd essentially be diluting the pool. Sure, you would get new money from some of the users wanting to get access to part of the drop, but ultimately, you'd be diluting everyone. Try this on any major stock exchange and the price would effectively halve if you doubled the outstanding shares. So net net, instead of it being a coin at .64 USD, it'd be .32.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 272
1xbit.com
April 07, 2014, 01:18:50 AM
Briefly, what happened?

Here's the background: https://www.darkcointalk.org/threads/the-birth-of-darkcoin.162/

And a visualisation of the mining distribution imbalance: http://i.imgur.com/XmnW0wc.png
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
April 07, 2014, 01:04:13 AM
I have nothing but respect for you Evan but this is a terrible idea and might even kill the coin.  The metrics you have suggested are completely arbitrary, and I am really bothered by the fact that the coins would not be automatically distributed by the network.  I trust you, we all do, but this just comes off as super shady and will scare off investors IMO.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!
April 07, 2014, 01:01:33 AM
Briefly, what happened?
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1036
Dash Developer
April 07, 2014, 12:49:41 AM
The first 24 hours of the coins existence keep causing us problems, an "airdrop" could be a solution to this. We could airdrop all holders (uniquely verified) with a equal portion of coin. This coin would come from a block in the future that paid 2 million+ coins to a specific address that I hold. We could use some kind of verification system like mastercoin (http://mastercoin-faucet.com/github-intro)
The airdrop would be a month or so into the future, so it would give users time to buy coins and become holders creating some demand. Also, we'd have a much larger market cap and the argument about the first 24 hours would become invalid.

How would you get a part of the airdrop?

- You must own 100DRK ( if you're new to Darkcoin but want to be part of the drop, you would need to purchase 100DRK ).

One of the following:
- Github: To redeem this reward, you need either at least three public repositories and your account must be older than August 1, 2013
- Reddit: To redeem this reward, you need a Reddit account with more than 100 karma.
- Bitcointalk: To redeem this reward you need an activity score above 10 as well as at least 10 posts

Any of these accounts would need to be created before April 1, 2014.

Vote!

Sorry, this was a terrible idea.
Pages:
Jump to: