Pages:
Author

Topic: DARKCOIN: New Coins using DARKCOIN Innovations or Clones of DARKCOIN - page 3. (Read 5571 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Nyancoin voted to go X11, should be implemented in the next couple weeks.

http://www.reddit.com/r/nyancoins/comments/22ivot/nyancoin_will_be_switching_to_x11_algo/

I thought the coin died and went to dogetoshi purgetory Tongue
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Growcoin Chief
I dont think the title of this thread, is pointing at what you are trying too tell people about x11 etc.

YES the drkcoin dev created it... but this thread is about the algo... not drk coin Wink right?
Activity: 336
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
In his own words.

If he had the chance, he would dump scrypt.

Are you really just selectively reading what you want to read?
Again the quoted text says nothing of the sorts.

If I were to hard fork, I'd change algo?
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
In his own words.

Are you really just selectively reading what you want to read?
Again the quoted text says nothing of the sorts.
legendary
The founder of Litecoin confirms that switching away from Scrypt to avoid ASICs is the best option, but it comes with risks.

He posted this today on reddit

You're reading that wrong.
He's stating dogecoin switching away is the best outcome for litecoin.

He is very concerned about ASICs centralizing Litecoin and leading to 51% attacks. There are many Bitcoin people who don't like Litecoin and would love to see it dead.

You're entirely misreading the text you're quoting.
In regards of changing the algorithm, all he's said is that Dogecoin changing algo is the best outcome for Litecoin.
He doesn't state Litecoin intends to do so, nor that this is the right option for Dogecoin.

Changing algorithm is a delaying tactic, not a solution.

You've taken that quote quite out of context. Are you even aware of the full story?

In his own words.

The founder of Litecoin confirms that switching away from Scrypt to avoid ASICs is the best option, but it comes with risks.

He is very concerned about ASICs centralizing Litecoin and leading to 51% attacks. There are many Bitcoin people who don't like Litecoin and would love to see it dead.

You're entirely misreading the text you're quoting.
In regards of changing the algorithm, all he's said is that Dogecoin changing algo is the best outcome for Litecoin.
He doesn't state Litecoin intends to do so, nor that this is the right option for Dogecoin.

Changing algorithm is a delaying tactic, not a solution.
legendary

legendary
Frycoin, Scrypt based, added DGW on 8 April to resolved lasting problems with KGW.

April 8: Coin patched and Dark Gravity Wave v2 Added! 700k to Switchboard! Windows QT updated!
legendary

http://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoin/comments/22niq9/merged_mining_amafaq/
legendary
Before you turn off your GPUs because of the fall in price of bitcoin and the cost of electricity, why not support one of these new energy efficient coins?

Cut your electricity costs by 30%-40%.

Just make sure you do your research first into the coins future potential and technical support.
Activity: 478
+1 vote for Darkcoin, the innovation coin.
legendary
any more out there considering a change?
legendary
Groestl coin has DGW

Done. Thanks.

Not sure how I missed that. I mined GRS for 24hrs to test its power draw, which is one of the best in terms of efficiency for GPUs.
Activity: 543
Merit: 500
Groestl coin has DGW
legendary
Hey Coins101, I'm the QBC (Québecoin) developer. I'd like to say that I gave a huge shout out to Evan in my PRE-ANN thread. I simply wanted the best features available right now and DGW and X11 just happened to be both from Evan. I'm very grateful to have a developer like him to look up to, he sets an example I want to follow.

Hopefully all others coins using these features give him the same credit I did.

I've taken a look at your project.

Looks good.

Best of luck with it.
Pages:
Jump to: