Pages:
Author

Topic: DarkWallet dev Amir Taaki went to Syria to fight ISIS - page 2. (Read 1849 times)

legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

Wow he is sure a brave person. But I wonder what is his affiliation with the military that he went to Syria to fight against the ISIS. It is a mad story though it is interesting. Let us hope that he will survive the war and will return back in piece. If he died in the battle then its good by for darkwallet or somebody will be happy and will take over the company, that is for sure.

He is fighting with the Kurds, a sort of left wing group opposed to ISIS. Good guys broadly and I'm not even a leftist.
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031
Now we know why Dark Wallet development has been halted.

Hope he gave hell to those bastards.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
The Dude Of DopeCoin
Wow hahaha  Grin
Activity: 249
Merit: 250
Well, even if the accusation is suspect why go do tech work for them at all? I am sure there are MANY groups to fight with in Syria.

Rojava are trying to build an anarchist society in Syria. Thats the main reason he went there. Amir considers himself an anarchist revolutionary. Fighting "islamic fascism" was secondary.

I do think that people who participated in the conflict and return should be watched, as who knows if they have suffered psychological damage or even been brainwashed by ISIS to carry out an attack. But allegedly, Amir is the only person who is being investigated after returning from helping Rojava. The others had a chat with police/intelligence, and were let go.

I agree, could be targeted or could be a reason, never know and that is the scary part.
Activity: 196
Merit: 101
Well, even if the accusation is suspect why go do tech work for them at all? I am sure there are MANY groups to fight with in Syria.

Rojava are trying to build an anarchist society in Syria. Thats the main reason he went there. Amir considers himself an anarchist revolutionary. Fighting "islamic fascism" was secondary.

I do think that people who participated in the conflict and return should be watched, as who knows if they have suffered psychological damage or even been brainwashed by ISIS to carry out an attack. But allegedly, Amir is the only person who is being investigated after returning from helping Rojava. The others had a chat with police/intelligence, and were let go.
Activity: 196
Merit: 101
So let me get this right...he planned on tech work and instead shot at people he was told by a terror linked group were the bad guys. Returns to be shocked he was arrested.

Ya, horrible injustice.

Apparently Rojava/YPG aren't considered a terrorist group by the UK. The only country that considers them such is Turkey, obviously.
Activity: 552
Wow... this is complicated... I hope he is safe now. He should continue to fight in the online world. Good luck!
So let me get this right...he planned on tech work and instead shot at people he was told by a terror linked group were the bad guys. Returns to be shocked he was arrested.

Ya, horrible injustice.
Activity: 994
Merit: 544

Wow he is sure a brave person. But I wonder what is his affiliation with the military that he went to Syria to fight against the ISIS. It is a mad story though it is interesting. Let us hope that he will survive the war and will return back in piece. If he died in the battle then its good by for darkwallet or somebody will be happy and will take over the company, that is for sure.
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1004
Thats pretty crazy. Glad he is ok. Looks like he is back to coding and will continue DarkWallet. Also doesn't buy the Craig Wright bullshit. Hope he helps in fighting the BUcoin takeover attempt.
Pages:
Jump to: