Pages:
Author

Topic: [Darts] 2021 PDC World Darts Championship - page 3. (Read 446 times)

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1671
#birdgang
December 16, 2020, 07:27:12 AM
First day done and we already have one upset when brazilian player Diogo Portela beat Steve "The Bronzed Adonis" Beaton in his record-breaking 30th consecutive participation in the Darts World Championships. Portela was priced at 4.30-ish and won 3-0 in sets Shocked

The other results of the day:

West def. Gilitwala 3-0
Smith def. Barry 3-1
Wright def. West 3-1

I actually placed a live bet on Wright, for 1.07 lol, since he looked good and I couldn't imagine him going out in R2 already.

Today there will be an afternoon and evening session, featuring 8 matches in total:

Source: https://www.oddsportal.com/darts/world/pdc-world-championship/

Lets see, if all players on the left will be able to advance, I doubt it Wink

Here is how it looks in Alexandra Palaca this year, more like a classroom Cheesy

Source: dazn.com

The fans did behave well more or less. You could hear some chants later in the evening though Grin
Activity: 2338
Merit: 757
December 14, 2020, 01:47:31 PM
I don't follow Darts during the year, but over Christmas it's always nice to watch the madness (spectator wise) and the drama (player wise). The madness will be a bit less this year though unfortunately - there will be fans in the Alexandra Palace, but only 1,000 and they are not allowed to wear costumes or sing. I am curious how this will work, since afaik they are allowed to drink alcohol and the more alcohol you drink, the more likely you are to sing or do other weird things Cheesy
I find this part so funny. I guess that the contract signed with Alexandra Palace is to hold the competition for selling alcohol drinks and food. I have checked few articles and found that 1000 spectator will be present in every session but only sit 4 per table without wearing fancy clothes and the obligation to wear a mask every time you sit up. According to this article published few days ago by TheTimes magazine, drinking alcohol is also opened for football fans but not in the stands, only when seated in concourses, auditoriums or hospitality areas .
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1671
#birdgang
December 14, 2020, 11:32:44 AM

I don't follow Darts during the year, but over Christmas it's always nice to watch the madness (spectator wise) and the drama (player wise). The madness will be a bit less this year though unfortunately - there will be fans in the Alexandra Palace, but only 1,000 and they are not allowed to wear costumes or sing. I am curious how this will work, since afaik they are allowed to drink alcohol and the more alcohol you drink, the more likely you are to sing or do other weird things Cheesy

But anyway, as said I am no expert and I usually follow the first days without placing bets. After having seen all players and their performances, I might place a bet here and there, if I see a good one. Maybe we have some dart pros here, who can share their picks or are just interested in discussing things. 

The first matches will start tomorrow and we will already get to see the reigning Champion Peter Wright, who will play his secound round match against West or Gilitwala. Here are the outright odds, taken from William Hill, with MvG being the favourite as always:

Source: https://sports.williamhill.com/betting/en-gb/darts

The draw can be found here. Odds for matches and side markets should be available in basically every bookmaker.

Happy discussing Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: