Pages:
Author

Topic: [DASH] Dash - Building the IoM | Dash Nation Progress Thread - page 10. (Read 41772 times)

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
The Origin of Dash and the Future of Money

http://bitcoinist.net/origin-dash-future/
 Cry

Instamine not mentioned?

Radical emission cut also omitted?

You know lying by omission is still lying, right?

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Lying_by_omission

“You told the truth up to a point, but a lie of omission is still a lie.”
—Capt. Jean-Luc Picard (cautioning Starfleet Cadet Wesley Crusher)

Lying by omission, otherwise known as exclusionary detailing, is lying by either omitting certain facts or by failing to correct a misconception.

Selective reporting in the media

Media outlets are under pressure to make money, and an easy way to do this is by breaking sensational stories. This can encourage the media to overplay news stories or leave out information that would detract from an otherwise great story.

There goes Bitcoinist's journalistic integrity and reputation, if they ever had any.
Keep up the good fight, iCEBREAKER. It's not your fault you have to recycle the same material over and over. You do us a service by keeping this thread visible, though, and for that I thank you. You really should consider joining Dash Nation, as you would have so many more avenues to express your creativity. It must not be fun sounding like a broken record all the time. Cheers.

Instead of attacking the messenger, why not respond to the charge of Bitcoinist lying by omission?

Don't you thinks it's a bit odd to write an article purporting to be about "The Origin of Dash" but "accidentally" forget to mention the "accidental" instamine and subsequent/compounding radical emission cut?

Allow me to repeat the question for emphasis, since you seem to be unable to focus on anything beyond unsolicited personal advice.

Don't you thinks it's a bit odd to write an article purporting to be about "The Origin of Dash" but "accidentally" forget to mention the "accidental" instamine and subsequent/compounding radical emission cut?
legendary
Merit: 1014
Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

Cry

Instamine not mentioned?

Lying by omission, otherwise known as exclusionary detailing, is lying by either omitting certain facts or by failing to correct a misconception.

Media outlets are under pressure to make money, and an easy way to do this is by breaking sensational stories. This can encourage the media to overplay news stories or leave out information that would detract from an otherwise great story.

There goes Bitcoinist's journalistic integrity and reputation, if they ever had any.
Keep up the good fight, iCEBREAKER. It's not your fault you have to recycle the same material over and over. You do us a service by keeping this thread visible, though, and for that I thank you. You really should consider joining Dash Nation, as you would have so many more avenues to express your creativity. It must not be fun sounding like a broken record all the time. Cheers.
legendary
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

Cry

Instamine not mentioned?

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

Grin
legendary

Other interesting things are now happening behind the scenes. You may remember that I mentioned here on Bitcoin Rush (5:30) that the Free State Project in New Hampshire would provide perfect retail environments for Dash technology due to its more cash-like qualities of privacy and instant transactions.

Well, we have made contact with some members of Free State, and are currently in the early stages of introduction, negotiation and development of a trial run of Dash retail software and hardware. With the experience and feedback Dash would gain here, Dash Nation could expand to other areas and continue its quest to be the global digital cash that Satoshi envisioned, the Internet of Money.

Have any skills to offer in this regard? Enjoy an environment that values progress, optimism and decentralized technology? Let me know here! I'd love to hear from you.

Cheers,

Tao (Dash Nation Campaign Founder)
Informative links in the OP.

this is great news! i've been hoping we could get something going with the fsp. i would love to see a drink and dash or dine and dash (less electricity) vending machine and atm there alongside the btc one they already have. hopefully we can get a booth set up at porcfest too.
Yes, Dash Nation is a perfect match for FSP with aligning goals. There isn't a better physical location on the planet better to start introducing Dash retail tech than New "Live Free Or Die" Hampshire. I can't wait to see what the combined team can accomplish!
legendary
is there any chance dash could be re launched in a much fairer way?? i would be more interested then

+1

My favorite part is how the dash instaminers are always saying how it doesn't matter. Of course it doesn't matter to you you're already an instaminer!

Dash is just crap
Your opinion is duly noted, and your contribution to thread visibility appreciated.
legendary
Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000

Other interesting things are now happening behind the scenes. You may remember that I mentioned here on Bitcoin Rush (5:30) that the Free State Project in New Hampshire would provide perfect retail environments for Dash technology due to its more cash-like qualities of privacy and instant transactions.

Well, we have made contact with some members of Free State, and are currently in the early stages of introduction, negotiation and development of a trial run of Dash retail software and hardware. With the experience and feedback Dash would gain here, Dash Nation could expand to other areas and continue its quest to be the global digital cash that Satoshi envisioned, the Internet of Money.

Have any skills to offer in this regard? Enjoy an environment that values progress, optimism and decentralized technology? Let me know here! I'd love to hear from you.

Cheers,

this is great news! i've been hoping we could get something going with the fsp. i would love to see a drink and dash or dine and dash (less electricity) vending machine and atm there alongside the btc one they already have. hopefully we can get a booth set up at porcfest too.
Activity: 724
Merit: 500
is there any chance dash could be re launched in a much fairer way?? i would be more interested then

+1

My favorite part is how the dash instaminers are always saying how it doesn't matter. Of course it doesn't matter to you you're already an instaminer!

Dash is just crap
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

In the end, what could be fairer?  Dash was bought and sold for fractions of a penny to pennies early on.  Miners didn't hold on to it, so they ended up distributing the coin better than any IPO or even give away, and it continues to this day, to spread and change hands.  Ultimately, it doesn't matter at all.

So no, there is absolutely no need to worry about the spillage of coins in the beginning.  It's still ultimately a coin held by very few people in comparison to the world's population, even if over a million people hold Dash, there are 7 billion in the world, and to them, everyone in the crypto space is an insider today as we're so early in the days of adoption.

This is such a non-issue, it's silly that it keeps coming up.

Aside from the non-issue, if Dash were to relaunch, what happens to all the people who invested in this coin?  They would be left in the dust, (as there is so much more planned for the coin).  Why would anyone do that to a coin they've been developing over the past 2 and a half years?  Why would anyone do that to their supporters?

If you want a clone, with no development team, no vision, just a clone, you can fork the coin or get yourself some "Classic Dash"  LOL.  The monero shills have already cloned Dash, and there it sits.  You're welcome to as much as you like Smiley
legendary
Where Dash's beginnings were unfortunate, I agree, there are not many if any cryptos that had an equal distribution at launch. There will always be large holders. In this case, however, a large holding inspires a brilliant man and his team to devote full-time efforts to creating an awesome product for the world to use. I wasn't here for the launch either, and I would not begrudge Evan if he were to become a billionaire one day. With the time and effort he puts into this project, he deserves it.

Thanks for posting here. I hope it won't be the last time!
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
legendary
Now THAT is news!  I can't wait to see an article written on that (hint hint)  When will we see some concrete news?
Thanks for asking! We are currently in the preliminary stages, hammering out details. But there is a will from both sides to make this happen. Can't give a timeline at this point.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001
Now THAT is news!  I can't wait to see an article written on that (hint hint)  When will we see some concrete news?
legendary
Good afternoon everyone, I hope that you are enjoying your weekend.

Well, the effects of Dash's addition to BTC-e are still being felt, with additional volume, an increasing price, and general disbelief from most people.

Here is a video made by BaltimoreHourly.com's Adam Meister who can hardly contain his excitement that Dash (and Ethereum) have been added:

https://www.rebelmouse.com/dashnation/adam-meister-excited-for-btc-e-1767123966.html

Dash Nation member Elisha treats you to a weekly Dash newsletter that you can read this weekend at your leisure:

http://us11.campaign-archive1.com/?u=d00ec48551b57b9b5f0f40050&id=62cf1a5e45

Cheers,

legendary
BTC-e is already the #4 Dash exchange by trading volume!

Dash Nation has room for more exchanges as we aim for a greater fiat-to-Dash on-ramp presence.

Watch this space in the coming months...

#DashNation #IoM

The rise in volume share for BTC-e is quicker than I expected.
Yeah, at this rate they will be number two shortly, a long way to catch Polo, though. It will be interesting, for sure!
Activity: 265
Merit: 250
Proposal: Dash Electrum Masternode / Trezor Support

https://dashtalk.org/threads/proposal-dash-electrum-masternode-trezor-support.8750/

That's right folks, Trezor support coming soon, assuming this proposal passes. This should provide major investors much improved security and lower risk investing in a masternode. I already have my Trezor ready to go.
legendary
Good evening all.

In response to always constructive criticism, I have posted the informative Dash Nation links in the OP, and will refer to that instead of listing them in my future posts.

Apologies to anyone I may have offended.

To progress, optimism and decentralized technology,

legendary
BTC-e is already the #4 Dash exchange by trading volume!

Dash Nation has room for more exchanges as we aim for a greater fiat-to-Dash on-ramp presence.

Watch this space in the coming months...

#DashNation #IoM
legendary
By now you probably heard about Dash's decentralized budget system and may even have picked up about how masternodes can vote on budget proposals.
Perhaps you are even wondering what that may look like, for those of you who are curious about that we have a couple of websites that provide a nice view on the
current budget proposals :

https://www.dashwhale.org/budget

http://dashvotetracker.com/

If you are looking for all the budget proposals that were ever created, you can take a look here : https://dashninja.pl/budgets.html

Yes, DashWhale and dashvotetracker have been great resources. Thanks qwizzie!
legendary
morning tao  Wink

Good morning tungfa and everyone! I hope life is treating you well, wherever you are.

One of the things that attracted me to Dash Nation was the fact that the development is relentless. The status quo is never good enough, and progress is the order of the day. The community feeds off each other, driving us to keep achieving. The results can be seen through the various innovations that Dash has brought to the table.

One of those innovations is the Decentralized Governance By Blockchain system. Today, an article was released describing why this system is key to Dash's goal of becoming digital cash for the world:

http://dashpaymagazine.com/index.php/2016/04/29/dash-budget-system-governance/

Another innovation brought forward is the second tier Masternode network. The good Dash Nation members Node40 make owning a Masternode easy. Running a Masternode supports the Dash network, and nets you passive income along the way. It's a perfect symbiotic relationship.

https://blog.node40.com/node40-dash-masternode-setup-wizard-walkthrough/

With Dash, as we've seen, the innovations will keep coming. Fixes to current problems will be implemented, we will create the digital cash that Satoshi envisioned, the Internet of Money.

Join Dash Nation and help us create a passion around progress, optimism and decentralized technology.

Have a great day,

Pages:
Jump to: