Pages:
Author

Topic: [DASH] The Perpetual "Darkcoin DASH and their lying community" Thread - page 3. (Read 4909 times)

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
Peter Todd calls dash "snake oil."

Peter Todd calls dash's instant-x fake.

Peter Todd calls dash "bad crypto."

To quote Peter Todd, DASH's InstantX is "a copy of GreenAddress in the same way a cargo cult's bamboo runway is a copy."

I expect DASH's Evolusham will be a copy of Ethereum in the same way a cargo cult's bamboo airplane is a copy.

lol rekt

legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud
From the Dash Announcement page: "Dash has no premine and was fairly and transparently launched"

You mean fairly as in 30% in a day with no windows option to mine and a start time when most were going to bed after a failed launch?

You mean no premine as in no premine effects giving a few in the know an advantage? Or do you mean technically they weren't mined before the launch so we can get away with the advertising even though most people who want to avoid a premine also want to avoid an instamine?

You mean transparent as in not putting the instamine on your announcement page?

One sentence and you have DASH in nutshell. But I can do it in two words: Buyer Beware.
Activity: 724
Merit: 500
Every once in a while I see a thread like this and I just don't get what's the catch. people bashing dash (mostly seem to be newly created accounts yet) have a perfect understanding of the inner working of the community and crypto culture, and then there's the people defending dash. To me, it seems natural why people invested in an asset would want to defend it, but really, why are some people so persistent about trying to damage the reputation of dash? Throughout all my time in this forum, I've never seen another coin receive so much backlash, do people do this out of spite? Do they gain something out of this?

The reason i created this thread was because of the constant lies on the DASH thread. When call out on their lies, they simply don't bother responding until the topic is buried. They just spam the thread with useless responses for a while like the number of masternodes until it's a few pages back and forgotten. A few days later, they'll continue to repeat the same lies.

So this thread serves a useful purpose to keep track of the Dash community and their constant, systematic lies.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
why are some people so persistent about trying to damage the reputation of dash? Throughout all my time in this forum, I've never seen another coin receive so much backlash, do people do this out of spite? Do they gain something out of this?

Hi there, that is a good question. Let me answer that one for you: they think DASH is the reason why Monero isn't going anywhere and are angry.

for me thats not true.
i have bashed dash before i saw monero.
i just got a little tired the last year repeating myself so i stopped...i just hate scams and this is what makes me angry about dash. nothing more or less...
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
why are some people so persistent about trying to damage the reputation of dash? Throughout all my time in this forum, I've never seen another coin receive so much backlash, do people do this out of spite? Do they gain something out of this?

Hi there, that is a good question. Let me answer that one for you: they think DASH is the reason why Monero isn't going anywhere and are angry.
Activity: 700
Every once in a while I see a thread like this and I just don't get what's the catch. people bashing dash (mostly seem to be newly created accounts yet) have a perfect understanding of the inner working of the community and crypto culture, and then there's the people defending dash. To me, it seems natural why people invested in an asset would want to defend it, but really, why are some people so persistent about trying to damage the reputation of dash? Throughout all my time in this forum, I've never seen another coin receive so much backlash, do people do this out of spite? Do they gain something out of this?
Please let the thread die Sad

Sorry you think demanding accountability is pathetic aleix. You should look up the word perpetual.
legendary
Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100
Just because Monero isn't going anywhere doesn't mean DASH is a scam.

illodin ... lying ...

Is there a lie somewhere what I said?

Please, Illodin, don't feed this pathetic thread.

illodin ... lying ...

Is there a lie somewhere what I said?

And..... Oh surprise! Another Monero bagholders thread about DASH!

You are so desperate, it's unbelievable, try to pretend guys  Wink

illodin and aleix, 2 of the biggest Darkcoin bagholders and lying defenders.

So where's the vote guys? Are you saying there wasn't one? Seems you're just distracting to irrelevant topics again. If there was no vote, why is tantestefana2 saying there was?

Fine, I grant you it's not CERTAIN that Evan got a shitton of coins. It's still LIKELY given the circumstances.

What really made me WTF in your post is the "changing mind" thing about the emission schedule. That should not be changed lightly, if at all - you should know this.

This was something that was voted on.  I didn't like the idea myself, and argued against it.  But the community was over 95% for it, so it was done. Another instance of Evan coming to the community for guidance.  And there initially was no limit technically to the number of coins to be produced.  The way the number of coins was limited was by reducing the emissions by 7% per year.  Otherwise we kept the same setup.  This calculates over the next 100 or so years as halving.

Also, Evan's initial estimates on how many coins would be produced assumed a lower hash rate (that it would never get so high as to hug the minimum reward). 

Dash Sad
legendary
Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100
And..... Oh surprise! Another Monero bagholders thread about DASH!

You are so desperate, it's unbelievable, try to pretend guys  Wink

thats right. dash beeing a scam is totally unrelated to monero. so please stay on topic ;-)
one of my favorites is Evan Duffield saying that Darkcoin (=Dash) will go up and he wants to buy more

but...at the same time... selling lots of them OTC
Activity: 532
Next one, from the same dude:

I don't remember this.  I'm just working it out with what we're given.  Still, I'd think this would be an excellent solution.  No need to wait for blocks, how ever many MNs you have, is essentially the number of rounds.  Seems logical to me.

Maybe there is another way?

I sure hope it won't be something that obscures the blockchain like Monero.  I don't like something I can't check on. 

I did study monero a bit and I don't see an issue with the 'obscure blockchain'...
The ring signatures are based on tested crypto, this ensures that all outputs are valid and the network has a mechanism that is double spend proof.

The mixing on masternodes is a weak point in my opinion. It is just bad for anonymity.

Currently I own 200 DASH and 1000 XMR.
Still not sure what to do:

*DASH has better market cap and support, but I don't really like the mixing system.
Also additional features I think are interesting like instantX I like, although I would like to see some external crypto-expert checking if it's safe and can scale.
*XMR has better mixing tech, but I have no clue why the community and market cap seems so small.
I also like the stealth addresses... You only need one account. It's better than a HD wallet because change transactions can't be linked.

My initial plan to buy a masternode is postponed until I see some external validation of DASH tech and the details of Evolution.
If DASH would go sub 0.005 BTC, I'll probably double down on my current position.
This will also happen for XMR if it drops below 0.001 BTC.

I'll probably bet on both for now. If one or the other clearly becomes the leading anonymous currency, I'll sell the one and buy the other.

For me, if I can't figure out where a transaction is, if it's been duplicated, if it's really working.  If there is no way to double check it - especially a way I can understand, it's not for me.  I don't like the complexity.  I seriously don't trust it, and I don't know if someone holds the key to the encryption either.  You have to completely trust the person who set the ball in motion.  And frankly, that person turned out to be a scammer.  Or perhaps they were a government spy network?  How can anyone trust it?  Why do you have to trust such a centralized point of failure?

It's not for me.

There is no "key to encryption", you are confusing monero with zerocash.

That guy has clearly no idea how Monero works, or Bitcoin in general:
1) there is no "masterkey" for cryptonote, every user generates his own keys, exactly like bitcoin
2) There is a way to doublecheck, everything is on the blockchain, there is no way to create coins out of thin air etc. without directly seeing it!
3) You don´t like the complexity? It´s all known math, just cleverly combined, you don´t have to trust anyone but maybe you trust gmaxwell aka nullc when he says stuff like this: https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=7765455
4) As already said, no one set the ball in motion, there is no key for everything like it is in Zerocoin.
5) Government spy network? CN uses Curve25519 from DJB, you can´t get more away from the NSA than DJB https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernstein_v._United_States
6) You don´t trust persons, you trust the math which has been reviewed multiple times included by bitcoin core devs, if you can´t turst a bitcoin core dev you should leave the cryptocurrency space i guess.
7) There is no centralized point of failure, unlike in DASH.

Did you already known the mooneromasterkeys?

Lying with purpose or just total stupidity? hard to say.
Fine, I grant you it's not CERTAIN that Evan got a shitton of coins. It's still LIKELY given the circumstances.

What really made me WTF in your post is the "changing mind" thing about the emission schedule. That should not be changed lightly, if at all - you should know this.

This was something that was voted on.  I didn't like the idea myself, and argued against it.  But the community was over 95% for it, so it was done. Another instance of Evan coming to the community for guidance.  And there initially was no limit technically to the number of coins to be produced.  The way the number of coins was limited was by reducing the emissions by 7% per year.  Otherwise we kept the same setup.  This calculates over the next 100 or so years as halving.

Also, Evan's initial estimates on how many coins would be produced assumed a lower hash rate (that it would never get so high as to hug the minimum reward).  

So where is the vote? Where is TanteStefana2 getting 95% from?
Activity: 532
Hello,

Yes everyone knows about the instamine and is tired of hearing about it. But the Darkcoin scam goes much deeper than that. Their modus operandi goes something like this:

A crypto user has a concern about darkcoin and brings it up on the thread. The darkcoin community responds with lies because the truth makes them look bad and proves they're a scam. When called out on their lies, the darkcoin community launches personal attacks and brings up irrelevant topics as a distraction, or just ignores it altogether.

So this thread is a place to keep all the documented lies from Darkcoin and their lying community.
Pages:
Jump to: