Pages:
Author

Topic: DataTank Mining: 1.2MW 3M Novec Immersion Cooled 2PH Mining Container - page 15. (Read 44311 times)

Activity: 92
Merit: 10
So whaddaya'all think, a blue chip like NEOBEE, or not quite?
Having been in communication with these guys a bit I can say that they are definitely not NEO & BEE types. These guys definitely know what they are doing and they have proven that they can deliver since they have already done so. Unlike many offerings, their technical skills and abilities are pretty well proven.

The hard part will be execution and scaling the business. It's great to see experts bringing innovation to market that all miners will have access to. I am cautiously optimistic, and look forward to watching this come together.
Activity: 62
Merit: 10
This seems awesome, but I would be so much more comfortable if the prospectus was less cavalier about securities laws, for the sake of the company and the founders.

I'm not saying they need to call in Simpson Thacher, but paying lip service to the basics would go a long way -- e.g. adding offering legends, subscription documents with accredited investor reps, etc.

Otherwise there will always be a layer of compliance risk, especially given the personal info on Page 8, that could have been avoided.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
I can confirm that this offer is legit.

Please do your due diligence w/ respect to the viability of the investment (which means run your own numbers).

Thanks Jutarul I will need to do the numbers again but its good to know that it is confirmed
I did enjoy those videos though from their prospectus.
Activity: 179
Merit: 100
I'm still skimming through, forgive me if this is obvious, but what is the valuation in BTC of the IPO?  I see DTMA are 0.028 BTC (listed as 'example' so subject to change) and if you have 60,000+ units you can be a board member.  That's like 1,680 BTC per board seat.  How many shares are there?

I second this.

They obviously already have a very solid business in place, or so their prospectus leads me to believe...so why create an offering in the first place? From what we've seen in the past, usually there's some monstrous amount of total shares (e.g. 111.6K "A" units out of 1,000,000 released to the public, giving them an instant value of BTC28,000). This is speculation of course, but I am a genuinely curious.

lets be clear, They dont have a solid business in place. That's disingenuous.

They do however, possess technology and technical knowledge that is particularly unique; when coupled with a sound business plan could lead to having a solid business.

i'd like to know what the valuation is also, but more importantly, what datatank owns in their inventory pre-ipo is also particularly critical to me; let's see just how invested in this technology they really are and where exactly our IPO money will go towards
donator
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060
between a rock and a block!
Second the request for FC verification that DataTank is a current partner.

was answered:

Interesting!!  I'd love it if friedcat could confirm/deny any statement/sentence in the OP... Smiley

Patience, young Padawan  Smiley
Activity: 408
Merit: 261
Seems interesting, but the last time I bought a bitcoin securities IPO with a "prospectus" this shiny things didn't work out so well for me:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1691037
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
www.bitcointrading.com
I'm still skimming through, forgive me if this is obvious, but what is the valuation in BTC of the IPO?  I see DTMA are 0.028 BTC (listed as 'example' so subject to change) and if you have 60,000+ units you can be a board member.  That's like 1,680 BTC per board seat.  How many shares are there?

I second this.

They obviously already have a very solid business in place, or so their prospectus leads me to believe...so why create an offering in the first place? From what we've seen in the past, usually there's some monstrous amount of total shares (e.g. 111.6K "A" units out of 1,000,000 released to the public, giving them an instant value of BTC28,000). This is speculation of course, but I am a genuinely curious.

Minimum is 5 containers. It will probably be 120,000 shares per container so 600,000 shares or 16,800 btc.

That's a lot of cash.  $12 million? 

But in this crypto world it seems like we can raise that kind of money.

Minimum 5 containers.. I feel like an ass for always asking questions without reading anything, but we're raising money as a company to buy as many containers as possible, right?  So infinite shares available during funding rounds?
Activity: 770
Merit: 509

I second this.

Minimum is 5 containers. It will probably be 120,000 shares per container so 600,000 shares or 16,800 btc.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

I second this.

legendary
Activity: 1190
www.bitcointrading.com
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1001
This is the first mining prospectus that I've seen with difficulty numbers that could actually make sense.

96,822 billion by the end of 2014 is very possible.

I'm am very interested in this.
legendary
Activity: 1246
103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.
Finally something interesting pops up

donator
Activity: 994
I can confirm that this offer is legit.

Please do your due diligence w/ respect to the viability of the investment (which means run your own numbers).
Activity: 770
Merit: 509
@ datatank-pr

I noticed you expect each 1.2mw container to house 2PH.

Does this mean that asics have been tested at 0.6w/gh?
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io
Second the request for FC verification that DataTank is a current partner.
Activity: 489
Merit: 500
Immersionist

has produced... ASIC boards in large quantities ... Our first larger scale immersion cooled cluster consisted of 6048 Xilinx®Spartan-6 FPGAs in 24 tanks and was built in early 2012 with the Bitcoin still below $5.

So you've got a couple coins stashed away?

I wish.

Why in heaven list on havelol?

Capacity is also available via direct purchase.
Activity: 231
Merit: 43

has produced... ASIC boards in large quantities ... Our first larger scale immersion cooled cluster consisted of 6048 Xilinx®Spartan-6 FPGAs in 24 tanks and was built in early 2012 with the Bitcoin still below $5.

So you've got a couple coins stashed away?
and
Why in heaven list on havelol? You know it's shady as hell.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002
awesome Cheesy
GG to you guys.
so hum what percentage will be the float for public shareholders? IPO price? Grin

edit: from prospectus

Example Franchising ASICMiner Hardware 80/20

DataTank Cost: 1100 BTC | PSU+PD: ~0.16 BTC/kW | B units: 111.6k | IPO Price: 0.0115 BTC

Time Diff (MM) USD/BTC Mining BTC Dividends BTC
Month 01 12750 630 2207.14 441.43
Month 02 19125 630 1457.70 291.54
Month 03 28688 630 958.05 191.61
Month 04 43032 630 624.97 124.99
Month 05 64548 630 402.92 80.58
Month 06 96822 630 254.89 50.98
 Total Dividends: 1,181.13

Per Unit: 0.0106

6-Month Yield: 86%

OMG OMG Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Activity: 378
Merit: 254
So whaddaya'all think, a blue chip like NEOBEE, or not quite?
Activity: 167
Merit: 100
From the prospectus:

DataTank Mining will deploy up to 10 container mining systems (12MW / 24 PH / 60 Tanks) within 3-6 months of successful completion of the IPO (ie. Q3 and Q4 of 2014). Two locations with renewable electricity at around $0.02 per kWh are available. One location is within the USA, a second location is available with similar electricity cost, in a free trade zone with favorable climate and no import or export restrictions.

Wow, I had no idea electricity could be that cheap.
Pages:
Jump to: