Pages:
Author

Topic: David Cameron acknowledges profiting from offshore trust - page 2. (Read 980 times)

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1014
if he resigns we get boris johnson, better chance for us to get out of the eu
Activity: 916
Merit: 500
Although I like Prime Minister Cameron, this issue certainly clouds the air as it relates to his overall integrity.
legendary
Activity: 1135
Merit: 1001
... aaaaaaaaand begin

The worst part about this whole fiasco is that Mossack Fonseca is only 1 of hundreds of lawfirms throughout the globe which do this exact same thing...

The reason not many Americans are on the list is simply because Americans used another company, not Mossack Fonseca...

Many don't need to. America has its own tax havens. Mostly delaware: "Within the United States, Delaware is considered the pre-eminent corporate haven for both domestic and foreign large public corporations, while Nevada, Wyoming, Alaska, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands are corporate havens for small closed corporations." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporate_haven
Activity: 798
Merit: 722
... aaaaaaaaand begin

The worst part about this whole fiasco is that Mossack Fonseca is only 1 of hundreds of lawfirms throughout the globe which do this exact same thing...

The reason not many Americans are on the list is simply because Americans used another company, not Mossack Fonseca...
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Its most likely better for him to admit it and hope the waves of other people denying the issue will distract enough of the people from following up on him. Think most politicians operate in the do as I say not as I do field. One aspect that drives me nuts is how they sell the public out time and time again to take up a job with a corporation when their term is done. It has to be conflict of interest,just like Cameron bellowing about illegal funds hiding from taxes in Britian.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
British Prime Minister David Cameron acknowledges profiting from offshore trust

After dodging questions for days, British Prime Minister David Cameron acknowledged Thursday evening that he had owned and profited from shares in an offshore trust set up by his late father.

The admission came as the impact from a massive leak of financial data continued to ripple across the globe, with Russian President Vladimir Putin alleging a Western conspiracy and Iceland reckoning with the fall of the country’s prime minister.

Cameron himself faced calls to resign from at least one member of the opposition Labour Party Thursday night. But so far at least, there’s been no evidence that the prime minister did anything illegal or improper.

Still, the admission of a past financial stake in an offshore trust represented an awkward moment for a leader who has spoken out forcefully against international tax avoidance and evasion.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/putin-denounces-panama-papers-leaks-as-attempt-to-weaken-russia/2016/04/07/d69473e6-fcbf-11e5-9140-e61d062438bb_story.html
Pages:
Jump to: