Pages:
Author

Topic: Day trading - page 3. (Read 11316 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
April 25, 2017, 10:50:09 AM
If anyone has any experience day trading altcoins and is actually turning a good profit, I'd be willing to throw some coin your way if you actually get me making money. I've got a few hundred dollars that I want to play around with and turn into much more, and I figure since I've been in the bitcoin community for so long that day trading altcoins is going to be much more natural to me than day trading forex.

Is it actually possible to trade altcoins as if it were forex and make big bucks, or do you just have to get lucky and hope one of the altcoins you're holding explodes?
Activity: 1092
Merit: 500
April 25, 2017, 10:13:39 AM
In altcoin trading,is day trading profitable or trading on a long term basis?

Day trading can be profitable if you know what you are doing and understand both the fundamentals and the technical s.  Some of the altcoins can co;;apse in price at anytime, i should know i have been caught out a few times after starting a trade.  So you need big swingers sometimes.

Actually, day trading is really profitable it is a major factor of getting bitcoin earnings in this industry. That's why some of the member here wanted to learn bitcoin trading quickly, but there's no short cut in learning in terms of doing doing trade in the exchange platform. especially in day trade is a quick profit in a short period time therefore traders must focus in this for time to time.
Activity: 588
April 25, 2017, 02:34:40 AM
Trading in a long term basis is very  profitable things and those assets coins belongs to these of course was number 1 was Bitcoin of course and next are altcoin which is potentials like xem, maid, ltc, eth, bay, and others. While day trading is also profitable in a short term period of  time not in a long term basis trading.
i think different people have their own experience in day trading and in long term investment, as some people like to invest their money for long term as they totally want to avoid risk of losing money, as there are very little chances of losing money in long term investment, while some people have good experience in day trading and they cannot wait for a long time, and they can make good profit from day trading. therefore i think it is different from person to person to choice their choice.
April 23, 2017, 03:55:58 PM
day trading was a very profitable things, where you can only do it in the exchange platform. I knew most of the good traders doing this method  of bitcoin earnings. And some traders applied trading on a long term basis, all they had to do is patience must be applied while holding  their coins until the highest peak amount of price will be reach before they sell it.
Activity: 756
Merit: 251
Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit
April 23, 2017, 07:40:53 AM

I prefer day trading in alt coin, making full use of some news that can drive the price up or down. ICO is one of the best source of profit if you want to  day trading as some coin with lots of hype will drive it's price up. Longterm is also profitable but you should have the patience and see if your alt has clear roadmap and dev.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011
April 23, 2017, 07:14:56 AM
Altcoin market is highly volatile.So only day trading would be profitable in altcoins and if trading in altcoins is done on a long term basis,then it will not be profitable as many coins would disappear in certain duration of time and the trader may end with loss.
That is the hallmark of altcoin trading. Altcoin usually only lasts for some time. If it has a profit then I suggest to sell altcoin that we have. In altcoin doing pump by dev is a reasonable thing. So take the opportunity as best you can.
Activity: 462
April 23, 2017, 06:45:52 AM
Trading in a long term basis is very  profitable things and those assets coins belongs to these of course was number 1 was Bitcoin of course and next are altcoin which is potentials like xem, maid, ltc, eth, bay, and others. While day trading is also profitable in a short term period of  time not in a long term basis trading.
Your right longterm trading is very profitable right now in growing altcoin but we need to take care what we should hold for a long time but me i know what it its and its XEM or "NEM" i hold it for a month now and still counting haha and i hope this one can make my future be nice
Its good to hold a particular coin if it have a great roadmap ongoing and XEM is also a good one . Its better while holding to take some amounts for you to play even a small profit  Wink
Activity: 1498
Merit: 251
KUWA.ai
April 23, 2017, 04:50:29 AM
Altcoin market is highly volatile.So only day trading would be profitable in altcoins and if trading in altcoins is done on a long term basis,then it will not be profitable as many coins would disappear in certain duration of time and the trader may end with loss.
that's right, altcoin is really volatile because it have little volume really different if you compare to bitcoin, bitcoin have billion dollars volume while altcoin only just few thousand dollars volume
Activity: 364
April 23, 2017, 04:18:37 AM
Your right longterm trading is very profitable right now in growing altcoin but we need to take care what we should hold for a long time but me i know what it its and its XEM or "NEM" i hold it for a month now and still counting haha and i hope this one can make my future be nice
Merit: 501
April 22, 2017, 05:34:31 PM
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1030
Privacy is always important
April 03, 2017, 04:18:17 PM
When talking about the long term basis i choose ico where there are chance that ico can pump when it launch in the market exchange short term of trading can be profitable too depends on the potencial of the altcoin that you choose.
Usually ICO will run for long term ? I guess some altcoin devs ran it up to 10 weeks not more than that I never heard. During ICO also you may sell to other forum members but buying at nearly days would be the catch to make profit with ICO.

It seems a good idea to make quick profits but I'm not finding it is a kind of day trading. Still it is a good way of making profits indirectly trading altcoins yes in ICO itself.
i am personally not in favour of day trading and specially when the price of bitcoin is already trading in a high price. i like to invest my bitcoin for a long term where there are very little chances to lose money.
If you can be  a long term holder in bitcoin you can not lose if you can stay holding your bitcoin for a long time..
If you seen that the price of bitcoin is going to down it doesn't meant that the price of bitcoin will continues to decreased.. it will increase back soon just like these months.
For ICO coins i am always afraid to invest in those ICO coins because 2/10 are legit.. and most of them are scam..
My choices is to choose the altcoin which is live for a long time or in already top rankings those are increasing value and there is a big changed from last year to now..
Activity: 440
April 03, 2017, 04:13:08 PM
When talking about the long term basis i choose ico where there are chance that ico can pump when it launch in the market exchange short term of trading can be profitable too depends on the potencial of the altcoin that you choose.
Usually ICO will run for long term ? I guess some altcoin devs ran it up to 10 weeks not more than that I never heard. During ICO also you may sell to other forum members but buying at nearly days would be the catch to make profit with ICO.

It seems a good idea to make quick profits but I'm not finding it is a kind of day trading. Still it is a good way of making profits indirectly trading altcoins yes in ICO itself.
i am personally not in favour of day trading and specially when the price of bitcoin is already trading in a high price. i like to invest my bitcoin for a long term where there are very little chances to lose money.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032
All I know is that I know nothing.
April 03, 2017, 05:13:26 AM
I do agreed that day trading was very profitable to me, it was proven and tested to many of the community here including myself. But even I'm just a newbie on applying this things I enjoyed while I'm doing it, it was nice and awesome especially if you saw that your getting profit in the actual trade. Because before I was doing only a long terms trading but now I'm doing it randomly or both.

maybe i am doing it wrong but i wouldn't call day trading as "fun". yeah the profit is good and in the end you enjoy the profit you made every day but this process of making that profit is hard and so time consuming. and the stress and time it takes is sometimes not worth the profit, that is why most people go long.
and this gets worse in altcoins as they are more volatile and hard to predict.
Activity: 924
April 03, 2017, 04:43:54 AM
I do agreed that day trading was very profitable to me, it was proven and tested to many of the community here including myself. But even I'm just a newbie on applying this things I enjoyed while I'm doing it, it was nice and awesome especially if you saw that your getting profit in the actual trade. Because before I was doing only a long terms trading but now I'm doing it randomly or both.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 510
March 28, 2017, 09:15:29 PM
I haven't tried day trading in crypto in years.

Is there enough average volume on exchanges to profit from daily percentage moves?

I remember back in 2013, there would be so little volume, especially on altcoins.

With alts it was very easy to paint yourself into a corner where you bought something at a higher price than you would ever be able to re-sell it.

I agree about altcoins. Some go on the market and have a lot of volume for a while and you can trade and make a little profit. But then they gradually drop in price and you buy to get a good deal and it just keeps dropping and never recovers and you get left holding the bag.
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
March 28, 2017, 09:25:02 AM
Yes amigo. Somebody has to loose in order for others to gain, but there are also chances that somebody will sell their stocks for a lower price than usual coz they bought it at low cost. that is the "win win" gangsta love!  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004
March 27, 2017, 05:47:32 PM
Almost $200M is being traded in bitcoin alone daily, that is a great indicator of success in day trading don't you think?
Not necessarily. Trading is not win-win situation for everyone. Someone needs to lose so others can gain.
You can't really count that  total $200 million as trading profits - we can only say that trading of BTC is rather popular.

knowing how to use bollinger bands and sma periods so as ema periods, could give some hints about the trends and make accurate strategies, of course it is not easy like that, but it may help
Technical indicators are not that useful for cryptocurrency trading - they lag a lot, as they were created to fit for more stable markets.
Activity: 378
March 27, 2017, 04:56:08 PM
i like daily trading, but still dont get the limit and stop parameters right, so i have to observer the market for doing manually until i got trained in stop conditions
legendary
Activity: 3514
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
March 27, 2017, 03:35:31 PM
I prefer day trading in addition to profitable trading altcoin have a rapid price movement if the long term possibility of altcoin value will go down and so are not profitable and meaning of trading is the short-term gains
there are some kind of people who have good experience in short term investment, but to me i will give preference to long term investment,  i do not have good experience in short term investment therefore i like long term investment.

No one can predict the prices accurately in short term because practically those are impossible to do it. But in the long run, one can guess the prices and we will get an opportunity to sell at higher prices. But in short term we are just guessing that prices may go up without any strong basis and it is almost like a gambling. I will never go for these short term trading

I basically agree with your point

On short terms trading is like gambling but you can still squeeze profits if you more or less follow the trend and don't forget about stop-losses. The latter is what differentiates scalping and day trading from mid-to-long term positional trading. You may have a lot of crappy trade but as long as you net result is positive it doesn't matter. You just try to ride small trend within the day. If catch one, you ride it, if you fail to catch it right, you quickly close your position
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441
March 27, 2017, 01:49:15 PM
I haven't tried day trading in crypto in years.

Is there enough average volume on exchanges to profit from daily percentage moves?

I remember back in 2013, there would be so little volume, especially on altcoins.

With alts it was very easy to paint yourself into a corner where you bought something at a higher price than you would ever be able to re-sell it.
Pages:
Jump to: