Pages:
Author

Topic: Day Trading - page 8. (Read 3878 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250
September 29, 2017, 10:46:25 AM
I've been thinking for a bit about day trading Bitcoin, and am curious, what is a good amount to start with? Would it be possible to start with maybe $100-200 and work my way up?

Sorry if i'm posting in the wrong section, pretty new to forums here.

Yes thats a good amount to start day trading so that it won't hurt you if you will have some loses since its expected to experience that when you are just a newbie. But day trading is not advisable for someone who just started trading there will be big pressure and emotional stress if you will jump into that strategy, better take it slow first.
Activity: 574
Merit: 102
https://adonx.one
September 29, 2017, 10:33:29 AM
With this amount is enough for day trading. Trading is a high risk with high profits so capital that use for trading for the better capital that afford to lose. If you are still a beginner,  should be learn about technical and fundamental analysis first, besides that rule the more important think to get consistent profit is keep patience in analyzing market and do not greedy when taking profit.
Activity: 198
Merit: 100
September 29, 2017, 10:24:59 AM
I've been thinking for a bit about day trading Bitcoin, and am curious, what is a good amount to start with? Would it be possible to start with maybe $100-200 and work my way up?

Those amounts are not enough for day trading becuase day trading is the idea that earn a small percent from a big capital while trading.

You need to get at least 1 btc valued capital to do it efficiently.
Activity: 504
September 29, 2017, 10:16:27 AM
Thanks guys, I appreciate the tips from everyone. Hopefully I'll be able to take everything into consideration and make something good happen.

Good luck to you and your trading! Always keep in mind that trading can be learned and the amount you want to spend in trading should be your spare amount of money or money intended for trading because there are times the coins are dumping and you can't expect it is pumping every time so you need to have a lot of patience too when trading but it will be worthwhile though.
Activity: 854
Merit: 252
September 29, 2017, 10:02:21 AM

Day trading is depend on your capital availability, then if any of the altcoin in the exchange platform are movable which you think is very aggressive in the value it s a sign for you to that coins in that day. So that you can gain and get bitcoin as well too.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
September 29, 2017, 09:39:45 AM
I think that bitcoin should traded in a long term basis and day trading will not be profitable for bitcoin market.The price variation is very low in bitcoin in a small duration of time.But day trading would best suit for altcoin market as altcoin market is highly volatile.Short profits could be quickly made.Day trading could be done repeatedly within a day many times by fixing a low profit margin.Long term trading does not suit for altcoin market.
Activity: 686
September 29, 2017, 06:53:54 AM

IT is possible. FOr me daytrading is safer if you attend to two rules. DOn´t be greedy. Aim for small profit at a time. And trade BTC for coins you believe long term. If you are learning, you will "loose" . So if you get stuck with a coin you believe long term you will not be sweating and panic selling at losses.
Activity: 352
Merit: 100
September 29, 2017, 06:48:16 AM
I really like to do day trading, because I just rely on some pump and a short dump. I think $ 100- $ 200 is a good start for a newbie, I recommend not being too pushy to use a large capital in trading. unless you are already an expert in trading.
Keeping small amounts in business in the start is better approach I must say. You don’t have to be greedy and invest some huge capital, no, that could harm you. So better is take rise with little business amounts and then practice.

Learn from mistakes and earn more money. Day trading is best tool for getting more experience in this field.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
September 26, 2017, 03:41:47 AM
I agree with the previous posters, crypto is just too volatile and unpredictable right now, even seasoned traders get burned. You're better off picking a couple solid coins and hold. 
That's when you make profit, when the market is volatile, so that's a good thing for day traders.
Activity: 168
Merit: 10
September 26, 2017, 03:37:14 AM
I agree with the previous posters, crypto is just too volatile and unpredictable right now, even seasoned traders get burned. You're better off picking a couple solid coins and hold. 
Activity: 11
September 26, 2017, 03:33:24 AM
Since i'm a new trader and i can relate to your experience, here's what i've learned so far:
1. Don't aim too high. If the profit is 5-10%, take it, don't expect it to raise much more. Of course the best thing is to sell at the top, but you will never know how high it can get.
2. Every other coin is related in some way to bitcoin. So learn to trade bitcoin first and learn how bitcoin prices affect other crypto currencies. From what i've noticed, if bitcoin prices go up, almost all other cryptos go up. The same thing applies when bitcoin prices go down.
3. Never ever buy other cryptos when you don't know too much about them.
4. Don't panic when prices go down, you can either identify  the coin that gets pumped up when bitcoin value goes down, or you can just hold.
5. If you are in a shitty situation like i was a couple of days ago with Bitcoin Cash, first wait, then react.
6. You can't win in all situations, sometimes you're going to lose, settle for the loss if the situation is very bad.
7. Learn about trading strategies, learn about indicators and so on.
Activity: 616
September 26, 2017, 03:15:16 AM
I really like to do day trading, because I just rely on some pump and a short dump. I think $ 100- $ 200 is a good start for a newbie, I recommend not being too pushy to use a large capital in trading. unless you are already an expert in trading.
Activity: 451
September 23, 2017, 02:36:04 PM
Although you could daytrade with such an amount the biggest problem is exchange fees. After such costs are taken by the exchanger you may end up only earning a few cents per trade but at least it will give you experience.
Activity: 2
September 23, 2017, 02:19:27 PM
Thanks guys, I appreciate the tips from everyone. Hopefully I'll be able to take everything into consideration and make something good happen.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036
September 23, 2017, 11:12:31 AM

Trading is a mind game specially in day trading since your goal is to sell what you bought within the day, so if your are not familiar with the coins that you plan to trade and you are not well equipped with knowledge in reading charts and those candlestick the day trading is not for you. You can start with $100 and set a goal of at least 3-5% profit then sell and move to another. i would rather take a 3-5% profit than 3-5% loss.
Activity: 2996
Merit: 609
September 23, 2017, 11:00:43 AM

Posting on this board is just fine since its all about trading and back into your question those funds you do budget for 1st try out on short trading would really be just enough since this is also my start up when i was still a newbie and starting on doing trading but i would like to advice that short or day trading is somehow hard and riskier compared on long term trades.Loses will surely be experienced and its normal because of unpredictable movements of the price.
Activity: 266
Merit: 102
September 23, 2017, 10:54:19 AM

Day trading isn't an easy venture. Your budget is okay to get a feel of things and start. If you are successful with that amount then you can confidently invest more, if things go pear shaped, you would have learnt a lot about yourself and trading with out risking much.
Activity: 505
September 23, 2017, 10:01:51 AM
I lack skillfulness of day trading techniques, because i think deviation too small, and as it like a job that takes my time. Long term  really a trading strategy that makes me feel comfortable, because this is an investment. So, i don't need to hurry for make open or close order.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
September 23, 2017, 07:55:40 AM
I would definately divide the capital into coins for long-term and coins for daytrading.

50/50 should be fine. gain profits with the day trading on stable reputable coins with good volume. Be sure to invest in long-term holds from your profits too so it stays 50/50.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1005
September 23, 2017, 06:41:27 AM

Day trading can be done with capital of $100 - $200 . Its looks very simple but you need to take it seriously because it requires good practise and good mindset. You need to check few things that matters most before you start trading day trades. You need to know how much you need to risk, then comes the tools you need to use proper tools at proper time in that particular market conditions. Next is Emotions-you need to take care of your emotions if you want to make some serious money that's all i can say best of luck.

What limit you set it is the perfect amount for day trading. Investing big amount is a risk in day trading. There are some coins those coins price always vary from 50 to 60% you can check the top 20 coins you will get to know. You study that coins few days and see how it works when you are confirmed that these coins will give you profit in short period of time you can buy those coins and do trading.
Pages:
Jump to: