Pages:
Author

Topic: Day Trading Alt coins - page 2. (Read 1540 times)

Activity: 719
Merit: 250
October 05, 2017, 07:25:59 PM
if might be helpful, you can start with coinmarketcap.com and choose the top 10 volume. I think it would be better than other coins that have a crazy volatility. the top 10 currently is like Eth, doge, or liteCoin
Top 10 altcoins in coinmarketcap is a big help that would help in choosing a profitable coin. Eth, waves, and dogecoin are profitable even holding for a long term.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪
October 05, 2017, 06:48:16 PM
My tips: I would start slowly (perhaps trading chunks of 10k satoshi) for a week or two, and use mostly the most well known altcoins (ETH, LTC, DOGE, XMR). What you get from that practice weeks is an idea of when those alts are low or high. Yes, you can get that info by looking at historic charts... but it is not the same. When you are in with some money, you get a sense of when an altcoin is cheap or expensive better.

Once you do that, put buying orders so that you know you'll get the altcoins at a good price, but that reasonable at the same time (too cheap and they won't fill). Sell at a guess for the top price for the day, but a little lower so that the sale order fills. Sometimes it helps to see the max and min of the day to get an idea of that.

legendary
Activity: 1789
Merit: 1008
Keep it dense, yeah?
October 05, 2017, 06:34:23 PM
NMC and PPC were great on BTC-e, but since WEX started up it has been painfully slow for alts Cry
Activity: 2226
Merit: 347
October 05, 2017, 04:59:42 PM
Currently new to the Bitcoin/alt coin world. Want To know best practices for day trading, and any altcoins that are in paticularly good for day trading??.

Cheers Cool

Welcome aboard mate. Before beginning your journey in day trading, you must assess yourself first. Ask these questions to yourself:
  • Do I have the foundation and basic knowledge of trading?
  • Do I have the guts to day trade this very volatile market?
  • What's my risk-level as a trader?
  • What is my goal in day trading?

Please take note that these are only simple questions and many forum members here could provide you better ideas regarding day trading. These should help you to start your humble beginning as a day trader. Best of luck mate.  Grin
Very nice question which would really be good to ask on oneself before deciding to engage on day trading.We do know most people would say here that day trading is profitable but without knowing the risk you would surely lose up money if you do jump without any proper knowledge and skills.This is why we should make sure steps before engaging and im sure it would be tough on the very first place.
Activity: 1708
Merit: 606
Buy The F*cking Dip
October 05, 2017, 04:43:09 PM
Currently new to the Bitcoin/alt coin world. Want To know best practices for day trading, and any altcoins that are in paticularly good for day trading??.

Cheers Cool

Welcome aboard mate. Before beginning your journey in day trading, you must assess yourself first. Ask these questions to yourself:
  • Do I have the foundation and basic knowledge of trading?
  • Do I have the guts to day trade this very volatile market?
  • What's my risk-level as a trader?
  • What is my goal in day trading?

Please take note that these are only simple questions and many forum members here could provide you better ideas regarding day trading. These should help you to start your humble beginning as a day trader. Best of luck mate.  Grin
Activity: 350
Merit: 101
Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big
October 05, 2017, 03:49:40 PM
My advice is to trade altcoins on fundamental analysis, instead of technical analysis ( get best of both worlds if possible ) meaning focus on the technology and features of the altcoin, along with recent news/software updates.

Picking from top volumes is a good start, but i think the markets is most predictable in times of news.

a good example is the SEC decision on the Winklevoss BTC product. The price acted as most people would expect, more so on the definite 'No' than before the decision was made.

Be sure to subscribe for updates for the coins you find interesting, and be ready to act on significant news Smiley

Best of luck on your trading adventures.

Regards,
Activity: 1414
Merit: 504
October 05, 2017, 11:37:14 AM
if might be helpful, you can start with coinmarketcap.com and choose the top 10 volume. I think it would be better than other coins that have a crazy volatility. the top 10 currently is like Eth, doge, or liteCoin
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 3873
Paldo.io 🤖
October 05, 2017, 10:30:25 AM
Browse through the Trading Discussion forums. There has been numerous posts with the same topics as this.

Any advice for altcoin day trading?: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/any-advice-for-altcoin-day-trading-1412001
share your tips trading altcoin?: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/share-your-tips-trading-altcoin-948668
Altcoin Daytrading: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/altcoin-daytrading-408787
Trading Tips On Day Trading and Shorts?: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/trading-tips-on-day-trading-and-shorts-1978971
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
October 05, 2017, 10:21:35 AM

Cheers Cool
Pages:
Jump to: