Pages:
Author

Topic: Day Trading or Long-term Hodl? - page 28. (Read 5315 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 11
October 17, 2019, 03:59:14 PM
It seems to me that the question is very naive. It has long been understood that more professional and qualified activities are paid more. To hold coins do not need to do anything and know. Usually, holders are hoping for luck. At this time, traders study the laws of the market and the dynamics of various cryptocurrencies. They understand under what conditions the price of a coin can fall or rise and can draw reasonable conclusions. Therefore, trading is much better than hold!
Activity: 840
Merit: 17
PG-PAY Gold Backed Token
October 17, 2019, 02:25:36 PM
There is no question about the safety part. Its HODLing only. people tend to benefit a lot from HODLing. However, with advanced technology like good trading bots, these days people are making good money in day trading also. But its not easy.
Activity: 617
Merit: 253
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
October 17, 2019, 02:22:49 PM
Before now, I have always been getting it wrong about cryptocurrency. A friend recently opened my eyes to see how I could have increase little coins I have to fortune overtime by day-trading. But I am no that type. I had always thought I could only make fortune in crypto by hodling a certain coin for long.

13 months ago, I bought SNTR worth about $100 hoping that in few months I'll wallow in milliions of dollars like Ian Balina , but the reverse is often the case in the subsequent ones I bought. Sad fact, $100 worth of SNTR 13 months ago now less than $2.

Recently, I watched several videos of how to analyse a coin or token to invest in, gained some good knowledge of the basics. I discovered day-trading tokens like DX token and Atomic wallet (AWC) could have actually make me what I hope to be If i had the right information. But its never too late. Yet, I am drowned in mentality that hodling for long can only be the fortune I hope for. Reason I need help.
This has been discussed here many times.
But still my favourite is trading (day or swing) both are okay. Middle it depends on your risk level. If you want high risk and high return then try Hodling. If you want to make some profits quickly then go for trading. Trading doesn't have to specific like day or week etc.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 100
October 17, 2019, 01:44:57 PM
Daily transactions require a lot of skills and knowledge, you need to learn about the project, how to read charts and many other things. I used to be a daily trader but now I switch to Long-term Hodl.

There is one thing I want to add to daily traders. For day traders, it takes a lot of time to do it. if you only have 2 hours to trade then don't do it, that's a big risk. It's better to trade for the long term. Unless you have a lot of time, then that would be great.
Activity: 680
Merit: 255
October 17, 2019, 12:44:52 PM
Daily transactions require a lot of skills and knowledge, you need to learn about the project, how to read charts and many other things. I used to be a daily trader but now I switch to Long-term Hodl.
Activity: 630
Merit: 250
October 17, 2019, 12:40:57 PM
looks like you are advertising/promoting token than asking a question.
but anyway, you have a lot of time looking on the market movement then go day trading.
if you trust your coin that much then hold it for long-term.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1335
Don't let others control your BTC -> self custody
October 17, 2019, 12:35:44 PM
Day trading is good for those who knew how to trade and follow market movement very well, they aren't greedy and they are always not in rush, if you are in haste you will lose but long term holding is not that bad, just because crypto keeps losing value today doesn't mean it won't recover tomorrow

And don't forget that trading is for people who have a lot of free time. You have to be able to execute a trade at any moment even at night. I know some traders who can't sleep because they're always nervous and always checking if their position wasn't liquidated.
I prefer long term hodling. I've been doing it for many years and it gave me nice profit. Trading is more time consuming, more demanding and only sometimes gives better profit than hodling.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 252
October 17, 2019, 12:28:47 PM
I prefer Scalping because my type can't wait long. I usually in a short time have been able to take a position for purchase. discipline in conditions as a scalping must be done because we have targets that must be achieved every day . and also has signs to do cute lose according to calculations
Activity: 1274
Merit: 278
October 17, 2019, 12:26:07 PM
You must need proper analysis if you want day trading and experience is needed to get profit. And if you want to hold for long-term you must prepared when price get dump
Both of them have high risk to do, just follow your heart and confident of your choice

What you need is a strong foundation of your knowledge about cryptocurrency news, updates, trends, fundamental analysis and sentiment analysis of the situation involving your desired cryptocurrency. Basically, it will determine if you just need to day-trade your tokens or coins, on the other have, provide a big trust that it can be capable to be hodled for a longer time. In short, always consider the future that awaits us when makinga crucial decision in the market.
Activity: 1428
Merit: 344
October 17, 2019, 12:16:16 PM
Day trading used to be beneficial for me but these days I seldom make profit from it so I paused. I remember the good old days when I made huge profit from trading altcoins like WABI, ICX, NEO etc for short term trading. Sometimes TA and FA fails for day trading, hence you should always set stop loss. I benefitted from  long term HODL this year, I bought BTC at 6700$ and sold at 10,300$. There is no exact formula for making gains in crypto, just be consistent with what works for you probably after trying out many different ways.
Activity: 1596
Merit: 335
October 17, 2019, 12:09:22 PM
You can do hodling if you're comfortable with that but don't limit yourself to try new things which could make you earn better. Try to learn everything about day trading so you'll find ways to gain a good profit aside from a long term hodl. Also, it is important that you'll choose an active and potential coin. Why don't you focus on Btc or other top coins first? I was hesitant to do day trading before too because I find it confusing but I have learned about it through different resources that I have found online. Just try to do a little research.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 500
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
October 17, 2019, 11:58:38 AM
Day trading is good for those who knew how to trade and follow market movement very well, they aren't greedy and they are always not in rush, if you are in haste you will lose but long term holding is not that bad, just because crypto keeps losing value today doesn't mean it won't recover tomorrow
I also think that for people who do not know how to trade, it is best to use long-term strategies. invest 10-20 percent of your income every month in different cryptocurrencies and just wait. don't take risks and try to catch for high percents from trading
Activity: 588
Merit: 106
October 17, 2019, 12:06:51 PM
Despite the fact that I have many coins over the past couple of years that have lost their value, and they will remain for the long term, I prefer to trade in the medium term
Activity: 812
Merit: 503
October 17, 2019, 11:53:04 AM
I do both day trading and long term holding. SNTR you mentioned, I made fair gains doing short term trading on it when it was listed on KUCOIN, but didn't hold for long term believe it doesn't have the features I look out for in a long term project. You also have to be very careful while day trading if you don't use stop loss and also remove greed entirely from your mindset, take profit when necessary.
Activity: 574
Merit: 24
October 17, 2019, 11:48:46 AM
Activity: 1190
Merit: 257
October 17, 2019, 11:41:32 AM
You must need proper analysis if you want day trading and experience is needed to get profit. And if you want to hold for long-term you must prepared when price get dump
Both of them have high risk to do, just follow your heart and confident of your choice
Activity: 630
Merit: 265
October 17, 2019, 11:39:29 AM
in my opinion, if we want to get a large profit, then we better invest in the long term. because, investing in the long term has good potential in making a profit. even someone who wants to succeed and make a big profit always chooses investment in the long run. as long as the way we take is right and there are estimates in investing.
It's true that we can get a large profit by just investing in a long-term, but it takes a lot of time. In my own opinion, it will be better if you will do day trading because you can earn more money faster or earn in a short period of time. We all know that day trading is risky because you need to check the market charts everytime and you might panic if the market goes down, but if you are used in experiencing day trade you will not worry any of this risks because you will always make a profit from it.
Activity: 896
Merit: 251
October 17, 2019, 11:35:19 AM
Before now, I have always been getting it wrong about cryptocurrency. A friend recently opened my eyes to see how I could have increase little coins I have to fortune overtime by day-trading. But I am no that type. I had always thought I could only make fortune in crypto by hodling a certain coin for long.

13 months ago, I bought SNTR worth about $100 hoping that in few months I'll wallow in milliions of dollars like Ian Balina , but the reverse is often the case in the subsequent ones I bought. Sad fact, $100 worth of SNTR 13 months ago now less than $2.

Recently, I watched several videos of how to analyse a coin or token to invest in, gained some good knowledge of the basics. I discovered day-trading tokens like DX token and Atomic wallet (AWC) could have actually make me what I hope to be If i had the right information. But its never too late. Yet, I am drowned in mentality that hodling for long can only be the fortune I hope for. Reason I need help.
Long-term hodl or day trading I think everyone has their own way of making profits in cryptocurrency. And if we hold coins to invest in the long term, I would suggest you invest in BTC even though lately the price does not match what is expected. And for day trading, you must learn first before starting to do daily trading so that what you do does not end in failure again.

In short-term trading it must have the ability to analyze its movements and this requires experience. while for long-term investment may be easier but still have to use analysis as well so if you want to invest in the long term investments it's better to find the crypto with the best ranking
Activity: 1456
Merit: 267
Buy $BGL before it's too late!
October 17, 2019, 11:32:31 AM
Hodling can give you good profit but not in all cases, meaning not all the coin you hodl. Before hodling, you can check if the community is active and this is important. If the coin is in cmc, you can easily check there to know the direction that it is and how it can grow in the future. You have to study a coin before investing in it. I have invested blindly too and seeing price slump painfully.
Lesson learned should be use to continue and try harder, researching and studying the full concept of any coin that you will going to invest using your hard earned money. This market have a lots to offer but it's no linger a lucky base investment which happen wayback 2017, all projects needs to be assess and if possible buy those active coins that really have good communities around. Those people are same like you who also trying to catch up with project that they've believe hat will bring them fortune in the long run.
Activity: 966
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
October 17, 2019, 11:27:32 AM

Long-term hodl or day trading I think everyone has their own way of making profits in cryptocurrency. And if we hold coins to invest in the long term, I would suggest you invest in BTC even though lately the price does not match what is expected. And for day trading, you must learn first before starting to do daily trading so that what you do does not end in failure again.
Pages:
Jump to: