Pages:
Author

Topic: Daytrading/speculating strategies - page 2. (Read 3535 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
June 27, 2011, 08:03:25 PM
I'm with you on the regular stocks buy and hold theory.  Too much can influence all the varieties of that world.  Bitcoin exchanges, however, offer a pretty low fee and sometimes wild fluctuations throughout the day.  I try a little of the limit order floating out there while I'm away for several hours, but I also like to jump in the middle of it with a little 5-8 BTC trade to keep it exciting.  I always figure the .65% hit before determining the price whether sell or but.  put it in for each transaction, now we're talking a 1.3% difference minimum before you even come out on top.  So it really needs to be bouncing to get anywhere with it.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
daytrader/superhero
June 27, 2011, 07:56:00 PM
 i know that there was a similar thread posted earlier, so to clarify, im looking for more of a review of my strategy and for some specifics from experianced traders on thier strategies....
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
daytrader/superhero
June 27, 2011, 07:52:03 PM
Even though most people on this forum speak to btc in terms of commerce or investments, I know there are plenty of people on here daytrading....id be interested to hear some strategies other people are using when trading, as well as share mine.

some things i am wondering
how much of a difference do you have b/w your buy and sell prices?
are you using primarily standing orders, or are you trading fluidly with the market?
how many trades are you executing in an average day?

as for me, im pretty new at day trading (i run my own stock portfolio, but im a buy-and-hold sort of guy when it comes to stocks) so im not sure if my strategy is optimal....what im currently doing is using limit orders laddered in price (i have sell orders at 18, 19, and 20, and buy orders at 15, 14.5, 14, and 10).......im not sure if i should have less of a price gap between my buy and orders, i thought it would be sufficient, but i feel like im missing out on a lot of trading.....

what do you guys think? what are your strategies?
Pages:
Jump to: