Pages:
Author

Topic: De-monetization of basic life requirements and beyond. - page 3. (Read 553 times)

Activity: 348
Merit: 22
Basic needs will have to be provided soon or  society will be in chaos.

Young generations can't even afford homes and cars.  Wages have been dropping while productivity has been increasing.  The wealth is going right to the top, trickle down economics is a complete lie.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 325
For the last few years I have seen a lot of talk about how de-monetizing basic life requirements are trending to de-monetized model.

The premise is that things like entertainment are becoming cheaper and better.  People under 30 consume more youtube than cable TV and that number is only getting larger by the year.  Those users consume that entertainment virtually free.  In order to make videos, capture pictures, have an audio entertainment system and make phone calls all took an individual piece of hardware and costs thousands of dollars not so long ago.  Now all of those are integrated into a device you carry in your pocket and if you don't need the latest $1-2k model you can have it fairly cheap.  

It's been suggested that things like housing could also trend this way.  As automated cars and potential for 3D travel (above or below ground) and the increasing ability to work remotely its hypothesized people will be able to live farther and farther from city center's (great for places like USA and CAN which have plenty of rural land while still having overcrowded city centers).  This suggestion also helps to spread work out of the city centres as there is more need for spin off local business to support larger rural communities.

The auto industry could trend to de-monetization as well, polls show most millenials don't want to own a car (and for good fucking reason, motherfucking money pits!), community vehicle sharing could bring TCO for commuters down a lot.  Autonomous cars that sit in the parking lot all day and the driveway all night doing nothing could be efficiently put to use.

I'm curious about this trend in education, is it possible that education could follow this trend?  I wonder more about at the collegiate level could remote learning take over?  I don't think it makes sense for K through high school as socialization is far to important to get rid of physical schools.  There is a lot of talk about free college education in the US ATM perhaps the answer to this is to have an online government program that provided a college degree.  1 Professor could reach millions of students and the curriculum could be controlled.  

Cheating would be a problem (someone else doing your work) but having a camera recording a person at test time that are randomly verified could help and I'm sure some smart people could help work on rules to reduce cheating as much as possible.

It would certainly be a lot cheaper option than the ones being proposed by some 2020 candidates.

you will never achieve that the reason lies in the concentration of wealth, others that have more influence and more power will systematically try to change the social ressources that provide common security towards their private wealth gain. just look at bitcoin, it was privately created in a financial system that was forced to serve the population

Bitcoin and crypto are practically devaluating the means of production and productivity.

all factories, real estate that produce wealth become completely worthless due to bitcoin and crypto.
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276
Education is long overdue for disruptive innovation.

We are already set up legally for just such a thing.  Happy days!

https://youtu.be/jk8eKUvFxCM?t=992

The question was from a Norwagian guy who said that his government had finally gotten religion out of government, and how were they going to explain to the peeps to turn around and put it right back in?

But anyway, sure enough;  we in the U.S. have had 'education day' here in the United States for a long time.  All the way back to Regan, and every president since has reaffirmed it.  And our 'education day' specifically honors this guys 'plan' for everyone in the world, and the person who this guy's group (which includes Ivanka and Jarred Kushner) sometimes consider their messiah.

That's not going to come from ANY organized power structure or government entity.

I'll reserve judgement on that until all the cards are played.

legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386
For the last few years I have seen a lot of talk about how de-monetizing basic life requirements are trending to de-monetized model.

.... is it possible that education could follow this trend? .....

It would certainly be a lot cheaper option than the ones being proposed by some 2020 candidates.
But their platforms, superficially about free stuff, are really about gaining power and control over the populations.

Education is long overdue for disruptive innovation. That's not going to come from ANY organized power structure or government entity.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1756
Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

The premise is that things like entertainment are becoming cheaper and better.  People under 30 consume more youtube than cable TV and that number is only getting larger by the year.  Those users consume that entertainment virtually free.  In order to make videos, capture pictures, have an audio entertainment system and make phone calls all took an individual piece of hardware and costs thousands of dollars not so long ago.  Now all of those are integrated into a device you carry in your pocket and if you don't need the latest $1-2k model you can have it fairly cheap. 

It's been suggested that things like housing could also trend this way.  As automated cars and potential for 3D travel (above or below ground) and the increasing ability to work remotely its hypothesized people will be able to live farther and farther from city center's (great for places like USA and CAN which have plenty of rural land while still having overcrowded city centers).  This suggestion also helps to spread work out of the city centres as there is more need for spin off local business to support larger rural communities.

The auto industry could trend to de-monetization as well, polls show most millenials don't want to own a car (and for good fucking reason, motherfucking money pits!), community vehicle sharing could bring TCO for commuters down a lot.  Autonomous cars that sit in the parking lot all day and the driveway all night doing nothing could be efficiently put to use.

I'm curious about this trend in education, is it possible that education could follow this trend?  I wonder more about at the collegiate level could remote learning take over?  I don't think it makes sense for K through high school as socialization is far to important to get rid of physical schools.  There is a lot of talk about free college education in the US ATM perhaps the answer to this is to have an online government program that provided a college degree.  1 Professor could reach millions of students and the curriculum could be controlled. 

Cheating would be a problem (someone else doing your work) but having a camera recording a person at test time that are randomly verified could help and I'm sure some smart people could help work on rules to reduce cheating as much as possible.

Pages:
Jump to: