Pages:
Author

Topic: debian 11/bullseye deps - page 2. (Read 183 times)

legendary
Activity: 3640
Merit: 1345
Armory Developer
November 13, 2021, 05:15:59 PM
I'm guessing any psutil functions were rolled into python3 "native" libraries, which doesn't help at all :-/

Got rid of that dependency in the py3 version entirely. It's used to spawn processes and watch over the PIDs for what its worth.

to what extent is dev branch at github.com/goatpig/bitcoinarmory usable for everyday stuff?

Unlock wallet flow is a bit busted atm, have to fix it. I suspect the offline signing will throw some exceptions along the way. Nothing design related though, most likely syntax issues (Qt4 doesn't translate 100% into PySide2) and missing imports (I've been refactoring the massive qtdialogs file into a collection of smaller files, in part to get rid of the circular imports). I've signed offline transactions on testnet before but went through some more refactoring lately so I expect some cleanup ahead of me. Could be fixed sometimes in the coming week. That aside, the wallet creation dialogs are probably busted, same with comments (doesn't map over to the new wallet format yet), and the migration dialog from old to new wallets is thread bare.

Be warned, the build system isn't super user friendly right now.
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071
November 13, 2021, 04:57:23 PM
seems like this will not work (easily)

so far:

• no qt4
  • no psutil

I'm guessing any psutil functions were rolled into python3 "native" libraries, which doesn't help at all Undecided
I guess also there are probably more dependency problems, but no qt4 already seems too serious as things stand.

to what extent is dev branch at github.com/goatpig/bitcoinarmory usable for everyday stuff? Or is this where we all realize that Armory is (for now) pinned to Debian 10 and version 0.96.5?

my recent experience with other packages that need a python2 interpreter suggest that other Linux distros don't make this any easier
Pages:
Jump to: